Cellphone Reviews

i have to agree with you all...

by far the best bussiness type phone...really great features....design and build is all good and solid and stable...firmware and OS is also very stable...

only weird thing about this is why in the world did Nokia made the On/Off button RED....there is no accent at all of that shade in any of the phone colors available and RED is not really a bussiness color...

all in all...this phone rocks...

I agree... that On/Off button is an eye soar... Not enough to turn you off but an eye soar nonetheless. Nokia should have installed a better classy switch to this baby. Or is this coming for the E71i version? <_<

nag hang parati itong sa akin, bakit kaya? Virus?

Decentman, yung sakin twice pa lang nag hang.. In both instances I was connected to pc suite backing up data. In one of those times I accidentally used the phone (while data is being transferred) so I corrupted my memory card. Re-formatted the chip and I'm good as new.

Baka naman kailangang i-upgrade yung firmware mo or something. I guessing your unit is still under warranty. If I were you I'll bring it back for repair/replacement. Based on the feedbacks here (and my own experience) this model is one of the most stable, hence it should not be doing what you're experiencing. Goodluck and I hope everything works well soon.

I corrupted my memory card once, unfortunately dun ko pala na install yung "Multi Scanner / Card Reader' application. Does anybody know kung san ako pwede mag download ng installer nito?

This feature is used so you can save information sa business (hard copy) to your phonebook by scanning the card. I've tried nokia.com but couldn't find that installer

i have no complaints with messaging/data connectivity; but sometimes my unit hangs when i make a call after heavy texting/web browsing; sometimes even twice a day -i have to shut it down and power it up so it can make calls again -i had its operating software upgraded but after a few days, the same problem cropped up again -i'm getting frustrated with my sexy sleek E66

Hi Sir, was just wondering where you went for the software upgrade, was trying to update mine through the web, but still no available update. TIA.

Strange... I never had a problem with my 6120C. Anyway, that's two to one with the negative feedback on the 6120C. Try it out.

Overall I love the S60 series phones. S40 isn't bad at all, but I like the feel of the S60 menus. However, I wish the S60 could also update your message inbox with the names of senders once you input their contact info in the directory. Also, I like using the flash message feature of S40 messaging.

My phones right now:

N2600 classic - Sun locked, required and issued by the office: HARD to text with, light and flimsy, seems to have a shorter standby battery life than my other phones.

6500 classic - 2nd hand, used for a while as a replacement phone, now has my Sun line: SLIGHTLY difficult to text with, takes some getting used to, miniUSB socket for charging BUT does NOT charge through a USB port, if not for that, I would seriously recommend this phone.

3120 classic - Globe-locked, got it when I got my Globe line: GOOD basic 3G phone, light, easy to use, only caveat is that the rubber outer skin of the batt cover easily gets stripped off, like paint... now my phone's back looks dirty... thinking about having it Gmasked but I'm worried with the uneven batt surface cover

E71 - MY BABY! Does everything for me. Takes some getting used to if you haven't used a QWERTY pad, but now I'm fast. Wifi, 3.2MP camera, BT, HCSD slot, mini-USB... plus I'm still enjoying the promo free airborneaccess usage till Aug 31. Free WIFI at Starbucks! I do a lot of my online work here, plus get to check MTC now and then. My only problem now is getting the PC internet link up to make my non-Wifi ready old laptop surfable.

Hi sir, i really want to get an e71 for myself, but am a bit afraid that it would take me ages to adjust to its QWERTY keypads, ang ganda ng itsura nya compared to Blackberry. Would you know if accessing my office email is availble if pre paid?

thanks!

I bought my P1i two months ago. Just recently, nabagsak ko etong cel ko habang nakalagay sa Capdase na case. Di naman malakas pagkakabagsak. No damage visible on the outside. Kaya lang, biglang ayaw ng tumunog ung celphone. Even if you try to play a ringtone, di tumutunog. Tapos after a day, bumalik yung sound. Then after another day, nawala na naman. Tsk! Talaga kayang sirain ang mga pda phones or di lang matibay etong p1i?

how about samsung omnia? any feedback on this one? good or bad?

just bought a samsung omnia about 2 weeks ago and here is what I found out.....

1. If phone memory is full .... no txt/sms msg will be recieved and none would be sent either..... make sure that photos default settings is in my storage to avoid this inconviniences...

2. sound quality may be a bit lower than other cellphones cant make it out what is being said if you are on the outside... but media playback/selections is automatic....

3. comes with a GPS but have to be installed in Libis...... haven't done yet so I cant make a recommendation

4. picture quality is good/better that iphone .... it comes with a 5megapixel picture quality camera...

5. the screen keypad for qwerty keys are not suitable for people with large fingers..... im using the transcriber but have to define your writing strokes in order for it to recognize your messages...

6. Wifi function works very well in hotspots area and no need to setup everytime.... you can even turn off the phone function so as not to use the gprs if you are on a weak signal location.

7. phone is user friendly if you are using a windows based pc and know your way around.......

8. I dropped the phone accidentally and hasn't found any malfunctions yet....

9. price is much lower than iphone but not relatively cheap bought mine at samsung robinsons ermita for 37K

10. I'm satisfied as of now and hasn't fully utilized the phones features yet ..........

This is my review on the Omnia..

My mom's phones got stolen by our ex-maid together with Php4700 cash.. Kaya napabili tuloy siya ng 2 phones.. Isa dito ay ang Samsung Omnia.. Actually, she gave me the Omnia in exchange for my N93.. hehehe.. Kasi alam daw niya na matagal ko ng tinitingnan sa shops ang Omnia.. Luv u, mom! haha..

As of now, I have no complaints whatsoever on the Omnia.. Nadalian naman akong gamitin at maganda talaga ang camera niya (for a phonecam).. Transferring files is a breeze.. Iba talaga kapag may bluetooth (comparing it to the Iphone 3g) and forwarding messages.. hahaha..

Shifting from a Symbian platform to Windows was not really difficult.. I feel that Samsung did well in making this a user-friendly phone.. There are some let-downs that I have seen so far.. One is that the Omnia does not vibrate when it rings.. It only vibrates if the volume is set to off and you check the vibrate icon.. So, kapag naka-on ang volume hindi siya mag-vi-vibrate.. One more let-down is that there are videos from my old N93 that kinda sputters when played on the Omnia..

So far, yun lang, and as of now, I can say that this is the best phone out there in the market.. Why? Given its specs, this phone is not overrated so its not priced like a skyrocket.. Comparing this to the IPhone, I'd get this anytime.. Sana lang magkaroon na ng official case for the Omnia and an official screen protector.. Nakakatakot na mabagsak siya kasi eh, just like any other touch screen phones..

The Samsung Omnia beats the iPhone 3G in all aspects except screen size & clarity :D

Best all around Symbian phone is the Nokia N82 with an 8GB SDHC :D , before twas the Nokia N73

Very well said, unfortunately it is the smaller screen size of the omnia that turns me off. After using a big screen pda (palm t/x), I won't settle for a smartphone with a smaller screen.

You can browse youtube on e71??? I didn't know that...

well, according to gsmarena, "Flash video is also not a problem for the E71 web browser - you can watch video on the full-featured versions of YouTube and the likes."

check it here

what i'd like to know is can i browse and post at manilatonight.com with this?

kung oo, bibili nako hehe :)

technically, pwede.

but i don't have one. its still way out of my budget. and waiting for its out down version E63.

Edited by holocaust
hi,

any comment on using the following mobile services on e71?

- gmail

- yahoo go

- youtube

TIA

used gmail and youtube services/sites and have had no problems. when viewing youtube vids, realplayer opens in another page and the content is streamed there.

the browser's very robust-- although I've had issues with asp.net pages used in work. would've been nice to use an exchange webportal but heck, that's what the email client is for.

Once you use a Communicator, you would miss its specs once you ditch it for a regular phone.. Kahit touch screen pa, iba pa din ang feel ng kahit anong Communicator.. In this regard, I can't agree more on the reviews in this thread.. But I did not buy the E90, coz I feel that my N9500 is still okay compared to it.. Better looks and a smaller body, I agree, but mine is also Wi-fi capable and also has an expandable memory slot..

When a new Communicator comes out in the market with better specs na talagang tataob ang aking N9500 that is the time that I will ditch my 9500.. The initial price of any Communicator phone is expensive, that shied me away on the E90.. Nanghinayang ako, dahil kakaunti lang ang difference sa 9500.. Well, for better camera, and larger memory, I asked my mom to buy the Omnia muna for me.. I would still use my 9500 as my main phone (Globe) and my Omnia as my secondary and fun phone (for Smart).. haha..

But if I did not have the 9500, definitely the E90 would be the phone of my choice.. I wonder if the XPeria of SE would be able to capture some of the Communicator's loyal fans.. Hindi ko na din hinintay ang XPeria coz medyo ayaw ko na ng SE phones.. Per my experience, parang madali masira yung system nila.. Yung P800 ko, hindi nagtagal ang system.. After 2 years nag-give way na.. Di ko na pinagawa.. Tingnan mo yung 4 years na 9500 ko (except for its casing) hindi ko pa ito pinapagawa at hanggang ngayon, hindi pa din sira.. At 3 beses ko na ito nabagsak.. Yung isa pag-bagsak pa nito na sub-merge ang kalahati ng katawan niya sa tubig.. Yan ang tibay ng Nokia Communicator phones.. Kaya hindi ko mag-give-up ito basta-basta..

Gusto ko kasi matibay ang main phone ko.. Yung pangalawang phone ko gusto ko maganda ang camera at bigatin ang memory.. At dahil hindi ko ito masyadong gagamitin sa pag-text and calls kahit hindi ganung ka-sturdy ang body nito, pwede na.. Kaya sobrang ingat ko sa Omnia, habang wala pa itong original na hard case for protection na available sa market..

Edited by revi