Cellphone Reviews

Try to make a side by side comparison of the size of the text between n2600 and n6600, and you will see the difference in font size.

ah, ganun po ba? i see, but regarding yung una mong question sir hindi ko masasagot e. dream phone ko lang N70 or N72. hehehe maybe someone here can answer your query, marami na rin akong nakitang nag-post ng reviews about the N70 e. :cool:

:)  3G na sya d b? pro hindi dual cam? so hindi pwede video call?

General  Network  UMTS / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900

Size  Dimensions                105 x 47 x 22 mm

Display Type                          TFT, 256K colors

Size                                      240 x 320 pixels, 2.0 inch, 30 x 40 mm

Memory  Phonebook            1000 x 20 fields, Photo call

Card slot                            Memory Stick Micro (M2)

- 64 MB internal memory

Data  GPRS                        Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps

HSCSD                                  Yes

EDGE                                    No

3G                                      Yes, 384 kbps

WLAN                                    No

Bluetooth                            Yes, v2.0

Infrared port                          Yes

USB                                      Yes, v2.0

Features                            Messaging  SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging

Browser                            WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML(NetFront)

Camera                                    3.2 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus, video(QCIF),

xenon flash; secondary video call VGA camera

- Java MIDP 2.0

- RDS FM radio

- MP3/AAC/MPEG4 player

- TrackID music recognition

- T9

- Image viewer

- Picture editor

- Picture blogging

- Organiser

mukhang pwede tol. :cool:

post-15252-1152536026.gif

saka MOTOROLA V3x? any review for dis fone?

sleek for a 3G, 2MPix Cam, a bit thicker than the original V3. problem is it also hangs just as often as the original V3. :lol: if you really want a motorola 3G, check out the E1070, a bit chubbier but features are almost identical as the V3x (except for camera resolution, V3x is 2Mb, E1070 is 1.3Mb). the advantage? software is much more stable, doesn't hang... at least never did on me than the v3x. lastly, V3x is older.

if you need more details, try www.gsmarena.com

hope this helps :)

saka MOTOROLA V3x? any review for dis fone?

i own one, its ok nmn.. i love how it looks, i still can get over it khit ilang months na cya sa akin. so far d pa cya nag hang.. the LCD is great and people love the pics that it takes.

PROs:

LCD, is great

2 mp cam is great as well

Looks, a big plus but again its a bit thicker than the original razor

3g phone, it said to be one of the cheapest 3g phones that performs well

CONs:

software, it hasnt hanged up on me, the problem is that it lacks key software like a notepad, finding installable softaware can be difficult kasi it doesnt take *.sis files like nokia phones do, it uses *.jad and *.jar files.

battery, some say the battery life sucks but i dont use it often and i know how to take care of lithium ion batteries so ok cya for now and there are some settings that you can change so that it doesnt automaticallysearch for 3g networks.

i bought a Kingcom MS01 last Feb. Ok sya, maliit parang Samsung E320 pero parang Nokia un functionality.. for a price of P9k plus, may MP3, radio, External Memory, Video at Still Camera, Audi recording.. totality, ayus....

kaya lang nagkaroon ako ng O2, ayun benenta ko na lang for a much lower price... I even posted it here..

Pero ang the best sa unit na yun is the buyer, pumayag na labas kami and made love with her (SEB), the very same night binili nya un unit ko.. hehehehe.... Ang sarap tuloy ng 4th of July ko... hehehe....

.. ang sarap nman nun .. kumita ka na .. SEB pa hehehe

para di OT:

I bought a W800i Sony Ericsson ... ok ang performance plus free 512MB external memory however, the only thing that I really dont want on the phone is the memory slot .. madali syang ma degrade in a sense an yugn cover nya eh madaling nagwo worn out

I just want to get some input:

I've been using the SE S700i for almost two years. I've noticed though that sometimes the name of the caller or texter does not appear even though it has been stored in the memory. Number lang ang lumalabas. Di naman nagdoble ang pag-save sa memory. I heard that sakit talaga ito ng model na toh. Is this true? If so, how can I fix this problem?

Mackee,

you need a firmware upgrade. sakit nya yan dati but there had been firmware releases that fixed that particular problem among others (dunno if you also experienced missing contact numbers which you know you've previously saved from an SMS or inbound call). bring it to a service center for that. try semicon (249-0699, old number, dunno if its still same no.) or visit their site (www.semicon.net) for contact nos.

read an email regarding N80i...

"keanu reeves < o0_iceman101_0o@yahoo.com > wrote:

WARNING: This is based on my personal experience and may not be the same case to others, however i hope this would serve as a warning/guide to those who want to buy nokia N80.

Last June 18 i bought a NOKIA N80 and a Nokia N70 at the Gadget Madness in Glorietta. On the following day i started exploring the N80 cellphone. At first the unit seem to be fine. I started using the camera and took a video of my son playing basketball. I put the camera on normal mode (3GP) and the video seem pixelated. I thought it was just normal coz it is only on 3GP mode (i never used the HIGH video setting (MP4) then coz of the big file size). The i started using the N70 unit. And taken a video also on the 3gp or normal setting. It was then i noticed the big difference, considering the N80 was supposed to have a 3 Megapixel camera compared to the N70 which only have 2 megapix camera. I took a video then side by side, on same location, same duration, same lighting condition and same setting now on HIGH (MP4) setting to see if there would really be a significant difference. On my dismay, the N70 had a better, clearer video. I returned the unit to nokia care in glorietta. The diagnosis was there was AN INTERMITTENT BLURRED during zooming. they recommended that said unit be returned to the supplier coz there was NO AVAILABLE PART for the CAMERA. I then tried buying on some other stores (coz the Accent Micro store where i bought the unit said they dont have a stock which i need to wait) so instead i requested a refund. I looked for another N80 on a different store (i tried 4 stores Ambassador, Hello, cant remember the 2) coz NOKIA has no stock. All units i tested manifested same problem...BLURRED VIDEO. The still shot however was OK. Now i ended up buying N91.

So for those who want to buy N80, better bring along a cel wid 2Megapix camera, so u can directly compare the video side by side before u pay, coz once u paid up, u cant directly return the product, they will refer u to NOKIA care coz it will fall under the 1 Yr WARRANTY. Mahirap mag ubos ng oras 4hrs ubusin mo dun. Maliban dun me iba pang problem (MMC door BUMUBUKAS PAG SINARA, phone hangs pag install mo ng applications - well on my case)

Sana makatulong to na guide, akala kasi ng iba they are buying a cell wid CLEARER CAMERA coz its 3MEGAPIX nga. Tapos will end up mas pangit pa."

N80 is a Symbian OS Smartphone...tons of apps, games..open OS...WLAN...almost a handheld PC

K800 is a souped up K750i "dumb" phone...but with much powerful cam and hi-fi stereo sound in which SE Phones are known

They are in the same category for comparison

In terms of overall use and functionality N80 waylays K800i (winning even in video capture)

The K800i only wins in terms of camera, battery life, sound output and aesthetics

N80 walks.. while K800i runs by a mile... :)

Typical firmware bugs...better ask when will the firmware updates from the NCC...these are the usual problems of new release mobiles

read an email regarding N80i...

"keanu reeves < o0_iceman101_0o@yahoo.com > wrote:

WARNING: This is based on my personal experience and may not be the same case to others, however i hope this would serve as a warning/guide to those who want to buy nokia N80.

Last June 18 i bought a NOKIA N80 and a Nokia N70 at the Gadget Madness in Glorietta. On the following day i started exploring the N80 cellphone. At first the unit seem to be fine. I started using the camera and took a video of my son playing basketball. I put the camera on normal mode (3GP) and the video seem pixelated. I thought it was just normal coz it is only on 3GP mode (i never used the HIGH video setting (MP4) then coz of the big file size). The i started using the N70 unit. And taken a video also on the 3gp or normal setting. It was then i noticed the big difference, considering the N80 was supposed to have a 3 Megapixel camera compared to the N70 which only have 2 megapix camera. I took a video then side by side, on same location, same duration, same lighting condition and same setting now on HIGH (MP4) setting to see if there would really be a significant difference. On my dismay, the N70 had a better, clearer video. I returned the unit to nokia care in glorietta. The diagnosis was there was AN INTERMITTENT BLURRED during zooming. they recommended that said unit be returned to the supplier coz there was NO AVAILABLE PART for the CAMERA. I then tried buying on some other stores (coz the Accent Micro store where i bought the unit said they dont have a stock which i need to wait) so instead i requested a refund. I looked for another N80 on a different store (i tried 4 stores Ambassador, Hello, cant remember the 2) coz NOKIA has no stock. All units i tested manifested same problem...BLURRED VIDEO. The still shot however was OK. Now i ended up buying N91.

So for those who want to buy N80, better bring along a cel wid 2Megapix camera, so u can directly compare the video side by side before u pay, coz once u paid up, u cant directly return the product, they will refer u to NOKIA care coz it will fall under the 1 Yr WARRANTY. Mahirap mag ubos ng oras 4hrs ubusin mo dun. Maliban dun me iba pang problem (MMC door BUMUBUKAS PAG SINARA, phone hangs pag install mo ng applications - well on my case)

Sana makatulong to na guide, akala kasi ng iba they are buying a cell wid CLEARER CAMERA coz its 3MEGAPIX nga. Tapos will end up mas pangit pa."

N80 is a Symbian OS Smartphone...tons of apps, games..open OS...WLAN...almost a handheld PC

K800 is a souped up K750i "dumb" phone...but with much powerful cam and hi-fi stereo sound in which SE Phones are known

They are in the same category for comparison

In terms of overall use and functionality N80 waylays K800i (winning even in video capture)

The K800i only wins in terms of camera, battery life, sound output and aesthetics

its like this.. if I want a (handheld) PC,

id get a 'REAL' notebook PC..

but for a phone to be a do-it-all-have-it-all device..

it surely is very inconvenient to have its battery run out during mid-day..

also mobile devices should be able to last the whole day while using

the features you bought that thing for.. like say.. MP3 player, camera, PDA-functions..

so if your excuse is that it has all these type of applications/functionality and you

can't "USE" it within the day then...you just bought yourself an overpriced gadget..

point taken, its just that the N80 has more to offer than the K800i for now

but if its "purely" a mobile phone with superior sound, camera and build...its SE no doubt

its like this.. if I want a (handheld) PC,

id get a 'REAL' notebook PC..

but for a phone to be a do-it-all-have-it-all device..

it surely is very inconvenient to have its battery run out during mid-day..

also mobile devices should be able to last the whole day while using

the features you bought that thing for.. like say.. MP3 player, camera, PDA-functions..

so if your excuse is that it has all these type of applications/functionality and you

can't "USE" it within the day then...you just bought yourself an overpriced gadget..

I just got my hands on the new Sony Ericsson K800i.

The digital camera is great and by far the best quality of any digital camera/phone due to it's 3.2 MP.

It has some really cool features which I'm still testing out but like the like fact that you can publish your photos to you online blog online.

I'll give a more details once i have tested more of the features.

Cheers

hey, its great to see this thread going along just fine. ok mga comments nyo guys, keep it up. malaking tulong sa mga nagbabalak bumili ng bagong phones. :cool: right now i'm really undecided whether to ge SE or nokia. nokia boy na kasi ako ever since pero with the way SE phones are coming out these days, medyo nagdadalawang-isip na ko. tuloy lang sa post ha, maybe i'll finally be able to make my decision.

cheers! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by dodong_79
hey, its great to see this thread going along just fine. ok mga comments nyo guys, keep it up. malaking tulong sa mga nagbabalak bumili ng bagong phones. :cool: right now i'm really undecided whether to ge SE or nokia. nokia boy na kasi ako ever since pero with the way SE phones are coming out these days, medyo nagdadalawang-isip na ko. tuloy lang sa post ha, maybe i'll finally be able to make my decision.

cheers! :thumbsupsmiley:

It really depends on what your needs are. Do you like "tons of apps" and games on your phone? I would suggest you get an S60 nokia. You can read ebooks, play nice games, and even view and EDIT word/excel files on a nokia. ( I have an app on my S60 nokia that changes the profile of the phone-from general to silent and vise versa at certain times of the day(so i won't be disturbed while resting)).

However if you only need (want) basic phone functions plus a great camera/mp3 player etc... I would suggest you get an SE phone.

Forgive me, but coming from an ex-xda2/mini owner. i find the nokia (S60 series) better buys than SE phones.

PS i'm using a N70 now.