Pc Or Console?

azrach187

At last a thread I can respond to lol!

Gaming these days is such a generic term, you can just about game on any platform (mobile devices, pc, laptops, consoles) and have a grand time. For someone like me who've spent at least 70% of my time playing games all my life, I can say that it all comes down to the kind of games that does it for you. You can't really force yourself to play a game and get into it if you're just a casual gamer only to justify a PC purchase. As elitist as it sounds, unless you know your stuff, you can get by with a console, hell even the previous generation ones still does it for me.

PC gaming on contrary to what other people may say, involves pouring out big bucks at certain upgrade intervals in your PCs lifetime. It may seem like you're getting more bang for your money because you compare PC performance to a current generation console, but what you won't realize further down the road is that a console will outlast your PC in terms of gaming functionality, given that you play 3-4 hrs a day which is already a lot of time. A console life usually last about 3-5 yrs on average, that means you only spend on hardware when new generation consoles come out, and only if its worth it. Unlike with PC, which gets refresh of parts every time! I've been through that path (still am haha), and i tell you its such a pain. In the last 2 years I've probably spent enough to buy another car. No regrets though, as my work demands a decent machine.

So bottom line, If you're thinking of taking the next step up from your playstation 4 or Xbox, ask yourself if you're really ready to commit to spending a good chunk of your time reading up on EACH component and money buying the best that you can afford every 6 months or so. All just to run games that you already CAN enjoy on your console. If I weren't too spoiled playing the latest games at its max settings at 144hz, I'd pick up a ps4 and huge ass TV and save my money for other things lol. It's just games anyway right? :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

At last a thread I can respond to lol!

Gaming these days is such a generic term, you can just about game on any platform (mobile devices, pc, laptops, consoles) and have a grand time. For someone like me who've spent at least 70% of my time playing games all my life, I can say that it all comes down to the kind of games that does it for you. You can't really force yourself to play a game and get into it if you're just a casual gamer only to justify a PC purchase. As elitist as it sounds, unless you know your stuff, you can get by with a console, hell even the previous generation ones still does it for me.

PC gaming on contrary to what other people may say, involves pouring out big bucks at certain upgrade intervals in your PCs lifetime. It may seem like you're getting more bang for your money because you compare PC performance to a current generation console, but what you won't realize further down the road is that a console will outlast your PC in terms of gaming functionality, given that you play 3-4 hrs a day which is already a lot of time. A console life usually last about 3-5 yrs on average, that means you only spend on hardware when new generation consoles come out, and only if its worth it. Unlike with PC, which gets refresh of parts every time! I've been through that path (still am haha), and i tell you its such a pain. In the last 2 years I've probably spent enough to buy another car. No regrets though, as my work demands a decent machine.

So bottom line, If you're thinking of taking the next step up from your playstation 4 or Xbox, ask yourself if you're really ready to commit to spending a good chunk of your time reading up on EACH component and money buying the best that you can afford every 6 months or so. All just to run games that you already CAN enjoy on your console. If I weren't too spoiled playing the latest games at its max settings at 144hz, I'd pick up a ps4 and huge ass TV and save my money for other things lol. It's just games anyway right? :lol:

Syet, My thoughts exactly! :)

I'm not saying that consoles are better than PC. I mean you can do a lot of things with a PC and it's more powerful. The topic here is gaming though. There are things I'd rather play in a computer like Age of Empires and Rome: Total War but I really love consoles for gaming purposes. For me, the best thing about consoles is that it simplifies things. No more installing (at least not too long in some cases), you don't need to check the specs (if you have a PS4, just buy any PS4 game and it's guaranteed to run) before buying, and outside of laptops - I love the consoles' portability in a sense that you can just plug it into a TV and just hold on to the wireless controller and enjoy the game sitting down, standing up, etc.

@Eddy Syet

Siguro nga its best to have both pero dapat limit yourself with your PC build IF you MUST play console exclusives. Ako kasi I get attached to my toys haha so i tend to invest. I recall when the Ps4 came out, i only have a ps3 nun and i have a Mac to do my work, I went all in. pre ordered the ps4 and got the exclusives. Dami kong gastos sa games haha. maganda lang sa console its easy to move on haha. i sold my ps4 and games when I got a taste of 60fps games again. namiss ko kaya back to pc ako haha.

Yes agree ako with all your points sa pros ng consoles. akyat baba sya from sala to my room, play lying down, play sa couch, if i had a tv in the crapper id play there too lol.

As spoiled I am playing witcher 3 and Doom multiplayer now sa pc (beat it 3 times with all Dlcs). I. MISS. BLOODBORNE. So when FF15 and FF7 remake comes out I might take the plunge again and get a PS4(pro or slim)?