Organ, Blood and Medical Donation Requests HERE

There's a Filipina, named Christine, who is in need of bone marrow donor. Here is a more detailed info about her condition:

http://christine.site.ph/

Our beloved Christine is in the US battling cancer, and urgently needs to find a bone marrow donor. Unfortunately, finding a perfect match for her bone marrow type is particularly difficult. This is hard enough for the average person; there are over 20,000 types of bone marrow, so the average person has a 1 in 20,000 chance of finding a match. These numbers are even worse for Christine. Because she is Filipino, she needs to find a donor of the same ethnic background, and there are hardly any Filipinos on the US National Registry.

Right now is our best chance of having the bone marrow transplant work. Each day's delay decreases her chances of surviving. Please contact your Filipino friends or relatives in the US, and ask them to contact their friends. Anyone you know who is all or part Filipino and between the ages of 18 and 61 is a potential donor. The system is nationwide, so it doesn't matter where they live. Signing up on the registry is easy and painless. All it requires is a simple blood test. Some hospitals charge a small fee for this blood test, however the fee is routinely waived for minorities, and often for Caucasians as well, especially if you are willing to donate a pint of blood.

You can reassure your friends that signing up for the registry does not require donating any bone marrow. If it turns out they are a match, they will be contacted, and can make the decision at that point about becoming a donor.

There are lots of misconceptions about donating bone marrow. The procedure is considered minor, simple and safe. You will be anesthetized the whole time, and you will not feel anything. When the procedure is over, you may have some soreness in the area for a day or two and you may feel a little tired. That's it. The bone marrow you donate is replenished within 3-4 weeks. You will only undergo this procedure if your blood sample shows that you are a match and you decide to donate, in which case the slight soreness you'll be feeling will be saving someone's life.

All medical expenses for the donor will be covered by Christine's insurance.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

its very difficult to find a match if your looking for a donor that is not related to you, usually you can find a match donor on the siblings lets say her sister or brother if she is in the US maybe they can try the stem cell - cord transplant....just my 5 cents opinion..ill just give my prayers that somehow Christine will find a donor..

• 2 months later...
There's a Filipina, named Christine, who is in need of bone marrow donor. Here is a more detailed info about her condition:

http://christine.site.ph/

Our beloved Christine is in the US battling cancer, and urgently needs to find a bone marrow donor. Unfortunately, finding a perfect match for her bone marrow type is particularly difficult. This is hard enough for the average person; there are over 20,000 types of bone marrow, so the average person has a 1 in 20,000 chance of finding a match. These numbers are even worse for Christine. Because she is Filipino, she needs to find a donor of the same ethnic background, and there are hardly any Filipinos on the US National Registry.

Right now is our best chance of having the bone marrow transplant work. Each day's delay decreases her chances of surviving. Please contact your Filipino friends or relatives in the US, and ask them to contact their friends. Anyone you know who is all or part Filipino and between the ages of 18 and 61 is a potential donor. The system is nationwide, so it doesn't matter where they live. Signing up on the registry is easy and painless. All it requires is a simple blood test. Some hospitals charge a small fee for this blood test, however the fee is routinely waived for minorities, and often for Caucasians as well, especially if you are willing to donate a pint of blood.

You can reassure your friends that signing up for the registry does not require donating any bone marrow. If it turns out they are a match, they will be contacted, and can make the decision at that point about becoming a donor.

There are lots of misconceptions about donating bone marrow. The procedure is considered minor, simple and safe. You will be anesthetized the whole time, and you will not feel anything. When the procedure is over, you may have some soreness in the area for a day or two and you may feel a little tired. That's it. The bone marrow you donate is replenished within 3-4 weeks. You will only undergo this procedure if your blood sample shows that you are a match and you decide to donate, in which case the slight soreness you'll be feeling will be saving someone's life.

All medical expenses for the donor will be covered by Christine's insurance.

if i could only have the means to help her, i'm very much willing to donate mine would we be matched...

BUT....

anyway, i'll just say some little prayers for her...and that's one thingi can assure you guys...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

there is a pending bill in congress that seeks to make organ donation compulsory...

actually this bill specifies that only legal adults are covered.. still, some crazy solon thinks one can be forced to donate his/her organs...

feel free to add your two-cents` worth peeps... :cool:

:mtc:

• 1 month later...
there is a pending bill in congress that seeks to make organ donation compulsory...

actually this bill specifies that only legal adults are covered.. still, some crazy solon thinks one can be forced to donate his/her organs...

feel free to add your two-cents` worth peeps... :cool:

:mtc:

it's crazy to compel anyone to donate his/her organ. even right thinking individuals think twice to donate an organ to a sick person.

but i'm sure if any of those crazy solons volunteer to donate his/her organ, no one would be a willing recipient

• 8 months later...

compulsory organ donation? now that's stupid. but maybe the intended bill has a lot of clauses in it.

organ donation, in general is pretty fine, i guess, instead of a useful organ just rotting six feet under the ground. hell, even our driver's license has an organ donation authorization!

compulsory organ donation? now that's stupid. but maybe the intended bill has a lot of clauses in it.

organ donation, in general is pretty fine, i guess, instead of a useful organ just rotting six feet under the ground. hell, even our driver's license has an organ donation authorization!

its not compulsary.

lets just say u have a good heart and u dont want to waste a perfectly working parts u have...

it feels good when u know u can help others even if ur on the other side na :) hopefully magamit na tama hehe

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

URGENT HELP

guys, i need help. i need 3 bags of B+ blood, for me to be able to get it,

kaylngan ko ng magdodonate ng blood (of any type) kapalit nung blood.

my fathers needs it for his blood transfusion hindi magawa since mababa

ang blood.

may liver cancer kasi siya. hope may makatulong. i badly need it.

ASAP sana kung sinong pwede. thanks.

i would prefer if i-pm nyo nalang saken kung sinong pwede.

i cant donate daw kasi since im anemic ty

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...