Stock Car Or Modified?

stock pa rin -_-

mas naniniwala ako sa car manufacturers kesa sa mga after market modifications. I do think na kanya nandyan ang mga car parts na yan, kasi designed, computed and carefully tested ng mga scientists, engineers and artists para umandar ng maayos at maganda ang sasakyan.....just my 2 cents

Bihira na lang kasi ang pwede sa engine swap ngayon. Sa <2000 year model na mga oto, pwede pa.

Engine swap gets you a car with 85% reliability and is fairly simple with much of the Jap cars yr 2000 and below. I believe the last of the dying breed is the SiR. :(

Last year, I put in a turbo and intercooler for my Vti. I had it all taken out last week... :cry:..after going through 2 engines and 3 ball bearing turbos.

For those who, like myself, can't leave their cars well alone, either go bolt-on mods all the way or go for that engine swap...turbo and all.

That way, your ride will still be reliable.

Bolting on a turbo kit with stock internals not designed for turbo is not a good idea, ok lang pag low boost, I don't think stock internals would last that long when prolonged exposure to hi boost.. turbo is the easiest way to get more power, pero from a stock NA engine to turbo, i suggest engine swap nalang na nakaturbo na.. I've heard before that a few SiR with stock internals had a bolt-on turbo kit installed on it, got lots power but the pistons didn't last that long, so eventually had to changed to a low comp forged pistons which costs $600-800 per set.. for the cost of the turbo kit, ecu, tuning, parts, etc.. I think mas practical talaga engine swap since you can find good condition 2.0L turbocharged engines for as low as 40k, make sure na wlang short cut ung kabit.. mahirap na.. turbo is the best way for more power and and specially torque.. but for FF cars masprefer ko pa din NA over turbo..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

isang everyday car na may onting karga like diy port polish, mas malaking pistons and valves and reprog ecu para tipid sa gas. tapos isang change engine na naka turbo tapos dun na yung mga mods like bigger turbo, fmic, piggy back injectors clutch, transmission et al. dapat hiwalay ang everyday car sa hobby car. mahirap gamitin ang pang karera sa everyday. oo matulin pero di komportable.

• 3 weeks later...

Have it detailed first. Slap in decent looking rims, lowering spring. Install an aftermarket intake then its up to you if you want to go with a full exhaust . Then if enough moolah, go for an HID retrofit. That's pretty much it. Don't go overboard by slapping in bodykits. A simple ducktail spoiler would look nice.