Toy Collection

Been an avid toy collector since my childhood (born in the early 90's). I still remember fondly collecting the 6" Marvel Legends line since they first debuted in 2002. Among my first figures were Captain America and Iron Man (both from Series One) and the rest is history. Fast forward to today and it's already been 20 years worth of history with Marvel Legends.

From Marvel Legends, then came along wrestling figures from the early 2000s. Jakks Pacific was the only option then and getting more elusive characters/superstars from the Ruthless Aggression era was quite the challenge here in the PH. I remember clearly having my first John Cena figure (still in his Dr. of Thuganomics persona) and I was pretty excited to say the least. Fast forward to 2010 when Mattel took over the license and things got better when it came to details and improvement. Finally retired from collecting wrestling figures in early 2017.

Then the "Pop Craze" sorta hit the country in around 2017-2018. Funko Pops were EVERYWHERE and it started quite the craze. The hype and reception for this 3.75' vinyl non-poseable figures were astounding and still remains a staple in the community as we speak. I'd need a longer thread to narrate my immersion and experience in this part of the hobby 😅

But right after that, I discovered the Japanese-style 5" super poseable figures called S.H. Figuarts and boy was I blown away by the details. From the likeness, the articulation, quality, and details -- every aspect for me was astounding. Price-wise it's one of the more upmarket and sort of upscale in terms of 1/12 scale figures so it isn't entirely practical to "army build" or complete a team of sorts for this line. Currently, I'm immersed in Japanese Sentai and Tokusatsu figures such as Kamen Riders, the Super Sentai series (where Power Rangers were from) and etc. Being immersed in Japanese culture (stayed in Japan for a year or so for professional reasons) gave me a sense of "culture" and a bit of nostalgia when collecting the S.H. Figuarts line and I can REALLY feel the "Japan Craftsmanship Quality" of every figure I possess.

So currently collecting: S.H. Figuarts, Marvel Legends -- mostly 6" figures only.spacer.pngspacer.png