Build A Model Body!

the0mouth,

take Eclipseguy and Olympus' word. ive wasted more than 1 year training isolation exercises (just like what you're doing right now) wherein progress is so slow. i've trained using the 5x5 for just around two months and i have already equaled the progress i have obtained during that 1+year of isolation exercises. :)

check out Eclipseguy's link. :)

better yet.. enroll at Eclipse Gym. i do not work out at Eclipse but based on the testimonials i've read from this forum, it's really enticing to work-out in that gym . :)

Edited by Pepeng Manas
What gym do you go to? The fact that you don't do squats already means your training is crap.

dito ako sa uae bro. bihira kasi pinoy na trainer dito, mostly mga egyptians.

yung sa lower body pala is 3 yung training o workout. kaya nga ako ask sa inyo to be enlighten mga bro. anyway, i really appreciate yung mga inputs, thnx.

when im doing deadlifts, the bar slowly slips from my left hand before i finish the 5 reps. im lifting 190 lbs for the deadlift, but i think i can do more than that because i can easily lift that 190 lbs (minus the grip problem). probably around 210 lbs (just an assumption).

what i do is i put down the weights, "reset" my grip, and finish the set. is this the right thing to do? should i continue doing this or should i stick to 190 lbs until i develop a stronger grip? any suggestions, gurus? :)

thanks.

Edited by Pepeng Manas
when im doing deadlifts, the bar slowly slips from my left hand before i finish the 5 reps. im lifting 190 lbs for the deadlift, but i think i can do more than that because i can easily lift that 190 lbs (minus the grip problem). probably around 210 lbs (just an assumption).

what i do is i put down the weights, "reset" my grip, and finish the set. is this the right thing to do? should i continue doing this or should i stick to 190 lbs until i develop a stronger grip? any suggestions, gurus? :)

thanks.

You're doing the right thing

Ive started using the grips/gloves with the straps... These things really helo especially after the 270pound mark... at that weight My hand starts to slip as well... but with the grips/gloves with straps, going up to 300 is a little bit more achievable... then you don't have to concentrate soo much on grip.

thanks.

IMO, reseting your grip every rep is just fine as long as your grip remains in the same place in the bar. I haven't thought of using straps as I progressed from 185 to 225lbs, 5x5 at eclipse.

im a client of a known gym, i want to lose my belly fats.

do i need to cardio everyday in order to achieve that goal?

NO, having the RIGHT diet is FAR MORE EFFECTIVE than running on a treadmill/doing cardio exercises everyday. In fact to be honest about it, I DONT DO ANY CARDIO exercise but I lost my belly fats in just a month just by eating right. Of course it's easier said than done, but I would rather take the effort to eat right than to waste my time doing cardios with very minimal results. I mean you can do all the cardio exercises but as long as you don't have the proper diet to go along with it, then youre just wasting your effort and your money to say the least, and you end up disappointed with the results. I would rather recommend for you to lift weights instead of doing cardio exercises.

im a client of a known gym, i want to lose my belly fats.

do i need to cardio everyday in order to achieve that goal?

If you want to yo-yo, do cardio.

If you want to lose fat and keep it off, do strength training, interval training, and clean up your diet. You will keep 99% of your muscle/tone, maintain your metabolism, and you'll find it easy to look great year-round. Challenge a "cardio-freak" to do the same. They cannot do it.

This is one of the worst programs I've seen (admitted) online in a long time. If you are not doing free weight barbell SQUATS, you might as well not go to the gym.

There is nothing that looks more rediculous than a guy with a developed upper body and chicken legs. AND MACHINE TRAINING FOR LEGS IS NOT LEG TRAINING!!!! Unless, that is, you are training for a sabong :hypocritesmiley:

I couldn't agree more, in fact I'm the living proof. I've been exercising for the last five years doing sit ups and all these carry on to make my upper body looks lean and define, but what I didn't realize, I so much neglected my lower body parts ei. legs, thighs and yah EG is right! I actually looked like Johnny Bravo (The neighborhood hero with a chicken legs). Anyway, after learning about the 5x5 program, I have included SQUATS excersise in my routine and I was so flabbergasted at how weak my knees are during my first session. I guess that's what you get if you don't go to the gym for a professional advice huh?

Cheers

I couldn't agree more, in fact I'm the living proof. I've been exercising for the last five years doing sit ups and all these carry on to make my upper body looks lean and define, but what I didn't realize, I so much neglected my lower body parts ei. legs, thighs and yah EG is right! I actually looked like Johnny Bravo (The neighborhood hero with a chicken legs). Anyway, after learning about the 5x5 program, I have included SQUATS excersise in my routine and I was so flabbergasted at how weak my knees are during my first session. I guess that's what you get if you don't go to the gym for a professional advice huh?

Cheers

hehe. i had the same 'issue' months ago until i read up on eclipse's 5x5. better late than never IMO.

hey guys... ive been out for a while... want to update you on my progress..

All the figures below are the final weights when doing 5 x 5

my current body weight is 203 pounds

bench press - went down... 265 pounds

squats - 270 pounds

deadlift - 310 pounds

military press - 150 pounds

pull ups - plus 55 pounds to body weight

dynamic row - havent been doing this (dont bite my head off)

so far thats where i am... i went back to 5 x 5 about 3 weeks ago, this is in preparation to the massiev amounts of food during christmas... hehehehehe... in any case, would be nice to hear about your progress guys, especially the ones that have been here before.

thanks in advance for sharing..

squats - 270 pounds

deadlift - 310 pounds

so far thats where i am... i went back to 5 x 5 about 3 weeks ago, this is in preparation to the massiev amounts of food during christmas... hehehehehe... in any case, would be nice to hear about your progress guys, especially the ones that have been here before.

Where am I....I think my bodyweight is 180lbs right now...or 179...no appetite lately. My abs are VERY visible, so I suppose that's a plus (duh).

Bench 240x6x10 (phase 3)

Squats - just ended Phase 2 at 315x4 (am going to do 250x6x10 tomorrow for Phase 3) I needed to give my lower back another day off

Deadlift - did a sub-1RM at 465x1....no belt, no problems. I'm back to conventional stance.

Military press: 150x6x10 (my achilles heel)

Pullups plus 45lbsx6x10, but I'm going to specialize on power cleans twice a week again now that my forearm is full strength

Therefore I need to re-do my power clean for the top 5. I'm not certain if I'll do a progression or EDT training for it. We created our own progression system for EDT. We are trying to decide if we should write a full-blown book around it, or post it on the web. These days it's often better to put something unique on the web....especially since this will make our competing gyms hate our guts even more....since women TOTALLY dig EDT. So now both men and women are going to be fighting over the free weights.

Oh yea....I don't know if you hired that guy that we recommended (because we were trying to be nice to him), but watch your back. Seriously. I'm at the point where I'd say to just let him freelance there only after the "dirt" came out after he left from probably the most reliable and trustworthy source of info at Eclipse. I know you trust us (myself and Olympus) so we need to say it loud and clear that we might have made a mistake by asking you to give him a chance. It's early so I can't imagine any problems yet. But if you get a bad feeling, trust it. In other words, if he complains at all in the slightest, bring out the AXE and have yourself a Christmas Goose.

squats - 270 pounds

deadlift - 310 pounds

I'm at 151.5 lbs now

bench last workout did 160x6,170x5x2 and 180x4x2

squats:did 275x8 recently

power cleans: top set of 135 in the intensity 5x5

deadlifts:295x6x10

military press:135x6x10

pullups:+25 lbs 8x8

Good to hear from you again. And I also second the notion about the guy we are referring to you.

squats - 270 pounds

deadlift - 310 pounds

Mines still about 140 lbs. Tried eating 3 to 4 peices of eggs per day plus 6 meals.

Kinda improved with the use of Amino supplements.

I think you should really dedicate yourself to proper fitness attitude before weight lifting bacause good, strong abs really needs a lot of work.

Mines still about 140 lbs. Tried eating 3 to 4 peices of eggs per day plus 6 meals.

Kinda improved with the use of Amino supplements.

I think you should really dedicate yourself to proper fitness attitude before weight lifting bacause good, strong abs really needs a lot of work.

This is incorrect, 100% incorrect.

My abs are so developed (and getting leaner since I'm dieting), that I can probably stick a Peso inbetween them and hold it there. I got that from lifting heavy weights. When I began training years ago, I had NO ABS AT ALL. I was a stick boy. "Direct" ab training is a complete waste of time. Ask anyone who has done strength training for more than 3 months. I guarantee that their abs have developed more in those 3 months than 3 solid years of "ab work" like crunches and other silly and useless exercises.

Hey, hey, hey guys! Ano 'tong mga 'to? Gusto kong sumali! Pa'no ba?

Problema ko, malaki "love handles" at tyan ko. Ok naman yung shoulders tska chest, pero hindi na proportion sa iba. Sobrang liit din ng legs (as in chicken legs!) kaya ang pangit tignan. Hindi kasi ako masyadong makapag squat. May mild scoliosis kasi ako. So pano ba 'to? Tulong naman... :(