• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Motoring For Dummies - All Your Car & Driving Questions Answered H

Most of the plastic radiators here in the US are replaced with metal ones. If you prefer to stick with plastic, more money plus they crack easily. Usually if you have it recored they replace the top of the radiator with metal. it can be rebuilt pa.

The best way to adjust a carb is with an emissions analyzer. You can see if it is lean or rich. Of course this is only if you are adjusting the idle a/f mixture. If you want to see the actual mixture at speed, you need a dynamometer or rollers.

Now if you don't have the emissions anlyzer, you can still do it by ear. We call it best idle. What you do is turn the idle a/f screw all the way in until it almost dies. Then back off until you get the best or highest idle. This method was used before the any analyzer came out. Ask the old school guys.

I still rather have the emissions analyzer to see exactly where I am at. but without an analyzer, this will suffice. :thumbsupsmiley:

Yes, when no one else can fix it.

Last time was when there was something wrong with the 4 wheel drive transmission. My suking service shop said they don't know how. I brought it to Citimotors, and they said they'll take care of it, and oh F(*&^%&^%&K(*&^*(ING boy they did - take care of my wallet! They charged me 5K+ and replaced the wrong parts, made me pay for the repairs before they'll tell me what they did, and after I paid, no one was there to talk to me and just gave me back my car dirtier than when I brought it in. The car still had the same problem with the transmission, dirtier than before and my wallet was lighter. Five days later, they have the gall to call me and ask me "How was our service?" I told them to give me the name of their Japanese boss because they F****D up the car and I want to complain directly to him. They never did call again.

So I got a repair manual from Australia and fixed it myself.

Thanks Citimotors! You've made a convert out of me! Never again will I buy a Mitsubishi!