• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

Kenny Smith for me got it right..... he said that MJ never had a team mate that deserved to be double teamed...

Kobe had Shaq on his 3peat then Gasol and Bynum on the 4th and 5th. LBJ has Wade and Bosh. Bird had Mchaile and Parish. Magic had Jabbar and Worthy. defense was not the focal point during the days of Russel and Wilt.

Just look at the pattern. all the greats players had great team mates. Who did MJ have during hist 1st 3peat? Pippen and a bunch of average NBA players. Pippen didn't deserve to be double teamed so defense would double and triple team MJ even 5vs1 against the Detroit Bad Boys.

• 3 weeks later...

For me perfect timing si MJ because before him there was Bird vs Magic and now there is Lbj vs Kobe vs Durant.

During Mj's reign he was the top player no one came close.

Also NBA / NIKE and other sponsors marketing helped alot. Puting on a "BE LIKE MIKE" campaign even though MJ had a gambling problem.

For me perfect timing si MJ because before him there was Bird vs Magic and now there is Lbj vs Kobe vs Durant.

During Mj's reign he was the top player no one came close.

Also NBA / NIKE and other sponsors marketing helped alot. Puting on a "BE LIKE MIKE" campaign even though MJ had a gambling problem.

actually sir there was Karl Malone during MJ time...

remember they met in the NBA finals for 3 times i think (or two???)

actually sir there was Karl Malone during MJ time...

remember they met in the NBA finals for 3 times i think (or two???)

IMHO... Malone had Stockton. wala yung tipong the whole team depended on one single person to carry them. Stockton and Malone would forever be known as "Stockton and Malone" they even won the allstar MVP as "Stockton and Malone" unlike MJ he was the Alpha Male on the Bulls.

During the reign of MJ he was the top dog. all wanted "to be like Mike" unlike now its a fight between Kobe LBJ and Durant.

Guest Satanick Fury

I agree with you, bro. While Kobe is being described as the one closest in style to the great Michael Jordan, Lebron is a different mould. His plays are not patterned after Jordan and he can even play all 5 positions.