• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

i don't buy MVP now a days and i am sure a lot of people will agree on this.

because most of the media simply hate kobe.

media loves MJ so much and they don't like player like kobe surpass their favorite.

simply because they think NASH is the best ever than KOBE even if kobe average almost 40pts per game :D

so you still convince with the MVP?

Sorry, no i am not convinced with this reasoning. If you are willing to discount the value of MVP awards, then that's your choice and I believe you will be in the minority.

From your post, I can discern either of two things:

1. The media loves MJ so much that he was awarded multiple MVPs even when he wasn't deserving.

How can you say the media loves MJ so much when one of the major reasons of his first retirement was that the media kept hounding him on his gambling problems?

Ans assuming MJ was the wrong guy to win MVP in '88, 91, '92, '96 and '98, who do you think should have won?

2. Kobe was hated by the media that he was robbed of potentially more MVPs.

So you think only KObe was victimized by the MVP voters. Well, what about Jordan losing the MVP in at least 2 other years ('93 to Barkley and '97 to Malone are the more egregious ones)?

If Kobe was hated or disliked by the media then he has only himself to blame. The Colorado incident certainly was a factor which was unfortunate as this happened as he was hitting his prime - a time when he should be winning MVPs.

Sorry, no i am not convinced with this reasoning. If you are willing to discount the value of MVP awards, then that's your choice and I believe you will be in the minority.

From your post, I can discern either of two things:

1. The media loves MJ so much that he was awarded multiple MVPs even when he wasn't deserving.

How can you say the media loves MJ so much when one of the major reasons of his first retirement was that the media kept hounding him on his gambling problems?

Ans assuming MJ was the wrong guy to win MVP in '88, 91, '92, '96 and '98, who do you think should have won?

2. Kobe was hated by the media that he was robbed of potentially more MVPs.

So you think only KObe was victimized by the MVP voters. Well, what about Jordan losing the MVP in at least 2 other years ('93 to Barkley and '97 to Malone are the more egregious ones)?

If Kobe was hated or disliked by the media then he has only himself to blame. The Colorado incident certainly was a factor which was unfortunate as this happened as he was hitting his prime - a time when he should be winning MVPs.

simply kobe cannot even match MJ's leadership and respect by his team mate and thats the bottomline, enough of media.:lol:

ohhh..Kobe is Superman? what I heard From Gary Payton...a former Teammate of Kobe...Webber a Kobe Oppenent during Kings v Lakers...is that MJ is the Black Jesus...yeah it's Blashpemy but it is what i heard from them...and KIDS please consider the stats and Facts...Mag aral muna ng History...Kobe will forever be one step below MJ

ohhh..Kobe is Superman? what I heard From Gary Payton...a former Teammate of Kobe...Webber a Kobe Oppenent during Kings v Lakers...is that MJ is the Black Jesus...yeah it's Blashpemy but it is what i heard from them...and KIDS please consider the stats and Facts...Mag aral muna ng History...Kobe will forever be one step below MJ

superman is just a cartoon. para namang sinabi na pantasya na lang ang nagawa ni kobe. hahaha. :lol:

matatapatan nya siguro ung double grandslam pero ung all time scoring leader??? kaya hindi pwedeng itapat si kobe kay mj. malaki masyado ang pagitan.

championship ring na lang nila ang pag usapan kasi un lang naman ang pwede, hanggang dun lang :lol:

pero sabi nga ng ibang player its a compliment to be compare to Jordan:P

Guest hastati

When it comes to greatness, MJ is untouchable at the top. Not even Bryant comes close. If Bryant won his first 3 titles with him as the man, then we can righteously argue who's better between KB and MJ.

And KB can never surpass MJ in one department--how he revolutionized the game. KB and his fans couldn't say that he gave something unique to the game; when MJ came everyone was just blown away by him, and even before his second retirement he's considered the greatest NBA player. After him, the most people would say of those after him are Jordan wannabes. That's not much of a tribute to KB. And yet, there are some who seem delusional that KB can equal or even surpass MJ. But like what I said, the most that KB can muster is being an MJ wannabe.

Nung bumalik si Jordan noong 1995. Nandoon pa si Pippen. Nawala nga si STacy King, Cartwright, Horace Grant, Paxson, Scott Williams at BJ Armstrong. Pero ang pumalit naman si Kukoc, Rodman, Kerr, Longley, Wennington, Randy Brown, Ron Harper. Si Jordan at Pippen pa yung one two punch ng bulls. Kay Kobe naman nawala si Shaq at the same time nawala rin ung mga kakampi niya noong threepeat team nila. Mas mahirap pa nga yung nangyari kay Kobe dahil nawala si Shaq. Considering sila ang one two punch ng Lakers. Ang tanong kung bumalik si Jordan noong 1995 at wala na si Pippen sa Bulls. Malamang hindi magchampion ang Bulls doon.

CORRECT !