His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

For me, he is the greatest basketball player of all time and one of the greatest athlete the world has ever seen.

Many of the stars today wants to become like mike. People thought vince carter, tmac, kobe, wade, iverson, and even lebron, will be the "Next Jordan". But they failed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

kobe surpassed mj as the 3rd all-time leading scorer of the nba... i do not know who is putting this spin but they tend to forget and put in the papers that mj did it in only 14 seasons (hindi pa yun complete) and with an average of 30.1 points.... kobe did it in 18 seasons with an average of 25.5 points... no disrespect to kobe but the marketing guys should stop this spin just to generate curiosity and buzz.... obviously, if kobe started about the same age as mj and not as an 18 year old kid, he might not have reached the milestone....

• Like (+1) 1

kobe surpassed mj as the 3rd all-time leading scorer of the nba... i do not know who is putting this spin but they tend to forget and put in the papers that mj did it in only 14 seasons (hindi pa yun complete) and with an average of 30.1 points.... kobe did it in 18 seasons with an average of 25.5 points... no disrespect to kobe but the marketing guys should stop this spin just to generate curiosity and buzz.... obviously, if kobe started about the same age as mj and not as an 18 year old kid, he might not have reached the milestone....

oo nga..bihirang mamention yung length or bilis ng naabot nila yung milestone

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For me, Michael Jordan is a great player. However, we have to admit that there are better players now. What made MJ stand out is his ability to work with others and his ability to utilize his team to make sure that everyone will contribute to their success. The Chicago Bulls did not have a star studded line up until MJ got his groove on with Scottie Pippen John Paxson and Horace Grant in the 1991 season. Watching MJ is like poetry in motion, he trust his team and will not hesitate to pass to Dennis Rodman if he got a good position.

• 6 months later...

hahnz,

Ok. So MJ beat Larry off the dribble. It's just one play. Like I said, MJ is, no doubt, one of the top 50 players of all time. I agree with that. He's not just the greatest of all time.

i know. we can agree to disagree on who we think is the greatest player. But i have a lot of respect for Larry Bird though. We can debate all we want on who we think is the better player. But in terms of mentality, toughness, and the work ethic. Larry, Michael and Magic are right up there in the conversation.

I've been looking for any news or videos if Larry and MJ talked trash to each other. I haven't found any yet. I think both players respected each others' game and just played their hearts out everytime they played each other. So i guess they didn't talk trash to each other because they knew what they were capable of if they went at it like that.

According to one of the all-time great coaches, Pat Riley, he'd want MJ to take the shot if the game were on the line. However, if his life was on the line, he'd want Larry Bird to be the one to take the shot. Riley and his Lakers had a bitter rivalry with Bird's Celtics. Riley and his Knicks also had a bitter rivalry with Jordan's Bulls.

The statement of Riley just tells you the respect he had for Larry Legend.

I think i remember that quote it was from an NBA video. That's kind of tough for me too. If i were to pick between MJ or Larry to take the shot to win. Either way, i don't think i'd lose if i picked one over the other because both players are clutch. Like i said, they have that kind of confidence and mentally they don't crumble under the pressure in those situations.