His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

• 2 months later...

MJ makes his teammates look good. B)

KB makes himself look good. :angry:

This is Bull s@%t. Paano ka mananalo ng 5 championships if you make yourself look good. When Jordan was much younger he was branded as a one man team. Kobe would be respected once he retires. There is only one Jordan. But fans cannot help comparing Kobe to Mj because of Kobe's accomplishments.

Hands down Michael Jordan was the greatest player of all time. I said 'was' because you never know.

Someone may suddenly appear and be the next Mchael Jordan. But he as a owner, honestly I worry for

him. He is not a hands on person. Yes Yes, he has been appearing recently in Bobcats games. But for

how long. Some people are great player but lousy owner of a team. I hope he suceeds but personally

I doubt it.

He is a good player but sucks as a an owner. He drafted Kwame Brown as the no.1 pick in 2001.

This is Bull s@%t. Paano ka mananalo ng 5 championships if you make yourself look good. When Jordan was much younger he was branded as a one man team. Kobe would be respected once he retires. There is only one Jordan. But fans cannot help comparing Kobe to Mj because of Kobe's accomplishments.

Isang championship ring na lang pantay na si jordan at Kobe :lol:

Guest hastati

Bryant won the first 3 championships with him as second-fiddle to Shaq. MJ had always been the man for the Bulls in each of their championships.

Bryant won the first 3 championships with him as second-fiddle to Shaq. MJ had always been the man for the Bulls in each of their championships.

I don't think Shaq would have won his first three championships without Kobe either.

As for MJ? Pippen took the exact same team without Jordan to the ECF where they were beaten by a bad call, they should have moved on to face the Rockets in the Finals. Remove Kobe from this year's Lakers team and they would have been eliminated by the Thunder in the first round.

Why, do Kobe's championship rings have more diamonds than his teammates'? laugh.gif

with respect to Kobe and MJ, Mj is better than Kobe, 6 ring vs 5 ring.

Wag na lang pagtalunan ang performance dahil team performance ang pinag uusapan.

but they are both better than Paul Pierce laugh.gif

Guest hastati

I don't think Shaq would have won his first three championships without Kobe either.

As for MJ? Pippen took the exact same team without Jordan to the ECF where they were beaten by a bad call, they should have moved on to face the Rockets in the Finals. Remove Kobe from this year's Lakers team and they would have been eliminated by the Thunder in the first round.

It seems to me you're implying that the Bulls can win without MJ and the Lakers can't win without Bryant. Let me ask you this, could the Bulls have won any title at all without MJ? I wonder if MJ ever shot 25% in a do-or-die playoff game. Could Bryant have won those championships without Shaq?

What I'm pointing out is MJ was the man in all those 6 Bulls championships. Bryant was the man in only 2 of them, therefore, MJ>Bryant. Of course he's got one more than Shaq but he could have had only 2 without Shaq.

Edited by hastati

It seems to me you're implying that the Bulls can win without MJ and the Lakers can't win without Bryant. Let me ask you this, could the Bulls have won any title at all without MJ? I wonder if MJ ever shot 25% in a do-or-die playoff game. Could Bryant have won those championships without Shaq?

What I'm pointing out is MJ was the man in all those 6 Bulls championships. Bryant was the man in only 2 of them, therefore, MJ>Bryant. Of course he's got one more than Shaq but he could have had only 2 without Shaq.

wehehe. But shaq got only 1 without kobe + DWade laugh.gif

Guest hastati

wehehe. But shaq got only 1 without kobe + DWade laugh.gif

Uhm, I was saying that Bryant would only have 2 rings today without Shaq. Should Bryant win 6, he still could not claim that he is at par with MJ simply coz he was not the man in 3 of those.

Edited by hastati

lots of newbies around...homework muna bago nyu isalpak c Kobe against MJ...don't get me wrong Kobe will be the best player NEXT to MJ...they will forever be compared but MJ will always come out the better player...

Don't even start putting stats...

10x Scoring Champion

6× NBA Champion (1991–1993, 1996–1998)

5× NBA Most Valuable Player (1988, 1991-1992, 1996, 1998)

14× NBA All-Star (1985–1993, 1996–1998, 2002–2003)

6× NBA Finals MVP (1991–1993, 1996–1998)

NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1988)

10× All-NBA First Team (1987–1993, 1996–1998)

All-NBA Second Team (1985)

9× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988–1993, 1996–1998)

NBA Rookie of the Year (1985)

NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)

3× NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)

2× NBA Slam Dunk Contest winner (1987–1988)

2× Gold Medal Winner in the Olympics (1984, 1992)

NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team

NCAA Men's Basketball Champion (1982)

2× Consensus NCAA All-American First Team (1983, 1984)

1982 ACC Freshman of the Year

ACC Men's Basketball Player of the Year (1984)

USBWA College Player of the Year (1984)

Naismith College Player of the Year (1984)

John R. Wooden Award (1984)

Adolph Rupp Trophy (1984)

1991 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year

2000 ESPY Athlete of the Century

1990s ESPY Male Athlete Decade Award

1990s ESPY Pro Basketballer Decade Award

1st ever Triple Double in a All-Star Game

Highest Scoring Average of All-Time

For me the best player is Bill Russel. Even Jordan couldn't beat that. Jordan just changed the game. Of course Kobe is next in line just in case he surpasses him. At the same time, Kobe is still playing while Jordan has already retired. We would only know Kobe's greatness once he retires.

The only difference with Kobe and Jordan is that he made tougher shots. Jordan made much easier shots. That's according to Phil Jackson. I would have to agree. Just look at their series against the Suns. Kobe made a lot of tough shots that went in. Hindi mo na masasabing chamba yon dahil ilang beses na niyang nagawa yon. Jordan played man to man defense throughout his career. Kobe had to adjust to the zone defense.

Edited by Vegasboy32