All About Scents - perfumes/colognes

us_good

I mentioned this a few pages back that I was planning to purchase one and I finally picked up a bottle of DKNY's Be Delicious Green Apple the other week at the Bangkok DFS (it's available here in Rustan's too). This perfume is true to its brand name when it is newly sprayed on the skin as it just makes your mouth water and want to bite into that refreshing sexy smell! Notes include Apple, Cucumber, Grapefruit, Magnolia and Violet among the few which contribute to its entire juiciness. While I get deliriously intoxicated with this new find, I still need to get accustomed to it (I find it a bit strong to the nose) as I wear it longer (and the longer it stays on the skin, the Magnolia note surfaces more as well). All in all Be Delicious is sensually hypnotic but I would recommend it to be worn on cool days and evenings (and intense hot dates! :lol: ).

For warm days and light flirtations, I would still highly recommend Anna Sui's Secret Wish!! You can't go wrong with this baby! Its lemon, melon, blackcurrant notes are similar to Escada's limited edition circa 2003 Tropical Punch but minus the sinus-attacking notes. Secret Wish is truly dreamy (just like its bottle) and a sweet sexy delight, I just wished (not secretly) that the finish wouldn't be too faint so I could still smell it on me throughout the day.

post-8751-1130598632.jpg

post-8751-1130598866.jpg

As other male (and female as well) contributors mentioned before, wearing a specific scent depends on your mood and the occasion…

Daytime casual wear Mont Blanc Individuel

Burberry Touch

Swiss Army

Daytime active wear Davidoff Cool Water

Ralph Lauren Polo Sport

Alfred Dunhill X-centric

Evening formal wear Aqua di Gio by Armani

Bulgari BLV

Lanvin’s Oxygene

Evening romantic mood Lauder’s Pleasures

Hugo Boss Dark Blue

Alfred Dunhill Desire (red)

Hall of Famers CKs Escape

CKs Eternity

Ralph Lauren Romance

212 Ice

Bulgari Blu

Polo Sport

...but since you mentioned it, I'll try Issey Miyake na rin  :blush:

Ha ha ha :thumbsupsmiley: You won't regret the purchase! Promise!!! But then you must pray very hard that our paths don't cross or I will be forced to threaten you too! :lol:

Kidding aside, when I first smelled Issey Bleu I was reminded of such clean scents like the smell of first rain for example ... and as you let your nose linger on it longer it's as intoxicating (in a good way) as that scent of wet earth from rain ascending and infusing itself with the air (clean not musky) .... after awhile it just becomes enigmatically captivating while remaining subtle and you can smell the colors blue, green, the skies, the cool country landscape . Luv it! Oh just a tip, don't smell it off the sprayed card but try it on skin, it smells totally different!

Ha ha ha  :thumbsupsmiley:  You won't regret the purchase!  Promise!!!  But then you must pray very hard that our paths don't cross or I will be forced to threaten you too! :lol: 

Kidding aside, when I first smelled Issey Bleu I was reminded of such clean scents like the smell of first rain for example ... and as you let your nose linger on it longer it's as intoxicating (in a good way) as that scent of wet earth from rain ascending and infusing itself with the air (clean not musky) .... after awhile it just becomes enigmatically captivating while remaining subtle and you can smell the colors blue, green, the skies, the cool country landscape . Luv it!  Oh just a tip, don't smell it off the sprayed card but try it on skin, it smells totally different!

Hey neat! I'd smell like... er... Father Nature? :unsure:

...I like that! :rolleyes:

But hey, you've got this really trained, experienced, discriminating sense of smell. I'll get your professional advise.

And if ever we'll cross paths one time, I'd be easy to recognize... :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BDC0425

ako I like is yung mahina lang ang scent yung they have to get close to you para maamoy nila...

for me it would be dunhill desire or yung dunhill na orig

:mtc: :mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

i love the scent of miracle (lancome), lacoste pink and sensi.

my story is about 'miracle". my ex-boyfriend (now my husband) had a huge fight that ended to a break up. i was not home when he dropped to get his stuffs (well, nasa kapitbahay lang ako, i just dont want to see him) ;) when i went home, my cousin told me that he took my perfume! when i texted him, he said its the best thing that will remind him of me. :wub: :wub: :wub: that night, we reconciled. :blush: :wub: :blush:

it may sound corny to others, but for me, its a very honest romantic act! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest temperamental

been wearing victoria's secret strawberries and champagne since '98 (before it became oh so generic). got tired of it

currently wearing lacoste touch of pink and gap so pink

i love acqua di gio on my man!! :)