• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Divorce In The Philippines

I've always wondered at the ability of people to "know" what their god/s are thinking. By the way, what bible are you reading? My copy of the King James edition has this for Malachi

Oh, also, if you read the entire text, the God of Israel is reprimanding Judah for "marrying the daughter of a strange god" i.e. that Judah converted to another religion, you can't really pick one verse and say that is what God means when in other verses he talks about divorce (see Leviticus 21 and 22) and what to do with divorced women.

For myself, divorce sounds like a better deal than being separated and unable to secure an annulment without a sizable "donation" to the church.

Nice point there. In the Old Testament, Moses actually allowed divorce but only as a male prerogative due to Israel's strong patriarchalism. IN the New Testament, Christ would reprimand the Pharisees and the Scribes for bringing out the topic saying that divorce only leads to adultery and therefore to eternal damnation.

Barring all other issues --- religion, family, society...

yung two people involved lang. the two persons that "vowed" to stick thru thick and thin.

AGREE. AGREE. AGREE. Yes to Divorce.

Let me borrow this statement from a frat brod of mine --- "Ang tao, dynamic. Nagbabago." cool.gif

Pa'no pag ayaw na sa 'yo - ipipilit mo pa ba?

Pa'no pag ginawa nyo na lahat para mag-work out, pero hindi na talaga --- ipipilit mo pa ba?

Pa'no pag nagkakasakitan na physically and verbally both ways --- ipipilit mo pa ba?

Sabi nila, dapat daw mag-stick ka sa pinakasalan mo ---

Pa'no kung yung pinakasalan mo, bumitaw na. Kanino ka kakapit?

Pa'no kung yung pinangakuan mo, hindi na gustong tuparin yung pangako nya. Kanino mo itutuloy yung pangako mo?

Pa'no kung sinabi na sa 'yo - out loud - "Hindi na kita mahal." Will a marriage work when the love is coming from one way only?

Hindi matatapos yung argument kung hahaluan ng religion, ng pamilya, ng moralidad.

Sana pakinggan na lang at bigyan ng karapatan yung mga tao - babae man o lalaki - na magkaroon ng katahimikan.

Anyway, may mga asawa naman na nagtitiis kahit gabi-gabing binubugbog ng lalaking gustong sumiping, di ba.

At may mga asawa ring nagtitiis kahit araw-araw na minumura ng babaeng pagod na pagod na raw sa pagtatrabaho.

Sila, for whatever reason, ayaw nilang bumitaw. Kinakaya pa. Tinitiis.

Pero pa'no yung di na kayang magtiis ng pambubugbog at pagmumura, hahayaan na lang silang ganun?

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes for divorce. Why stay in a marriage when respect and trust are both out of the picture and be miserable? For the kids, could be. But kids aren't stupid, they can tell that there is something seriously wrong with their family, their parents to be specific. In the end, the kids will also suffer. Why not make it easier for everyone and file for divorce. It doesn't mean a mom can no longer be a mom and a dad no longer a dad simply because they got divorced - responsibility does not end there. So why not do themselves a favor and get divorced instead of putting on a show that they have a happy family when behind closed doors, they're miserable with each other.

Others may say that the Church doesn't agree with it as well as the society - well, you are in charge of your life and your own happiness so why let yourself suffer just to please the Church and the society? It is, after all, your life and you should do what's best for you and your family, not the strangers who dictate what other people should do. You won't get recognition for martyrdom anyway.

Just my two cents. happy.gif

agree.

dahil

di lahat ng mag asawa ay nag nagsasama ng maayos.

di lahat ng ugali ay dapat tiisin.

di lahat ng pananakit ay dapat tanggapin.

di lahat ng pambabae ay dapat palagpasin.

at higit sa lahat, wala tayong pakialam sa kahit na sinong mag asawa kung desisyon nilang mag hiwalay o mag diborsiyo dahil sila ang nakaka alam para sa kanilang sarili at di tayo.

• 3 weeks later...

It will only add up to the hundreds of thousands of street children in Metro Manila. Hope when these children become Hamog Boys they will victimize the Pro-Divorce persons

Napa-tumbling ako with this. Does not make any sense to me no matter how hard I tried to understand and comprehend this statement. The kind of logic and reasoning this statement has is very.... never mind. wacko.gif

Having divorced parents won't necessarily turn them to street kids and eventually, to become Hamog Boys and Girls. That's why both parents have to be responsible enough to make sure that even though they are no longer married, they see to it that their kids do not get any less than they deserve and make sure that their kids are well-taken care of. Still, it is also entirely up to the kids if they will lead the Hamog life or not. It's a matter of choice for the kids. Does not really have much to do with divorce.

• Like (+1) 1