• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

I downloaded a file but when I wanted to delete it I kept getting this message:

"Cannot delete [filename]: It is being used by another person or program

Close any programs that might be using the file and try again"

This also shows up when I try to rename or archive the file. Anyone encounter this? What can I do to delete the file? Thanks.

is it a torrent file? make sure that it is no longer in your torrent client

if it is just a regular file, download unlocker

guys ask ko lang, what would be the right fix sa netbook ni esmi. pag niturn on kasi at pag log in sa profile black screen na lang lumalabas at makikita mo na lang yung mouse pointer. i suspect nadetect ng microsoft yung ininstall kong copied win7 which i got from a link here in mtc. TIA..

guys ask ko lang, what would be the right fix sa netbook ni esmi. pag niturn on kasi at pag log in sa profile black screen na lang lumalabas at makikita mo na lang yung mouse pointer. i suspect nadetect ng microsoft yung ininstall kong copied win7 which i got from a link here in mtc. TIA..

try attaching an external DVD drive and run a Linux Live CD

pag nag load yung Linux without any problem, then Windows nga may problema

pero kung pati sa Linux Black screen pa rin at mouse pointer lang yung nakikita, LCD problem na yan

try attaching an external DVD drive and run a Linux Live CD

pag nag load yung Linux without any problem, then Windows nga may problema

pero kung pati sa Linux Black screen pa rin at mouse pointer lang yung nakikita, LCD problem na yan

thanks sir brutus. medyo bago pa yung asus netbook. mga 3months plang kaya palagay ko talaga windows may problem.

will tell wifey na subukan yung advise nyo.im actually abroad kaya wala rin akong magawa kundi tanggapin ang reklamo ni esmi..:(

hi sirs, maybe you can help out. i noticed lately that whenever my monitor would shut down due to inactivity, whatever i do to the mouse or keyboard, the picture won't come back. and at times, things would freeze up & pc would restart constantly. what could be the remedy for this? thanks! btw, am on xp.

hi sirs, maybe you can help out. i noticed lately that whenever my monitor would shut down due to inactivity, whatever i do to the mouse or keyboard, the picture won't come back. and at times, things would freeze up & pc would restart constantly. what could be the remedy for this? thanks! btw, am on xp.

baka naka set to shutdown at a certain time. may function sa windows nun where u can set it to sleep, shutdown,etc. paki hanap mo na lang. di ko rin kabisado saan sa windows yung setting.

mga sirs,

may i ask for your technical advice.

i have a 500Gb external drive Western digital (Wd) brand w/c

i bought last july at pcexpress.

my brother borrowed it in order to copy HD movies

but he also copied the WD files/folders (drivers) inside it.

so after that, i tried to check such ext D. and found out that

the HD movie files cant be access or opened anymore.

and the good thing is, the ext drive can be still detected.\

after connecting to the usb port, a window prompted up &

says that the device must be formatted before it can be use.

this is my problem.

thank you for your help in advance.

mga sirs,

may i ask for your technical advice.

i have a 500Gb external drive Western digital (Wd) brand w/c

i bought last july at pcexpress.

my brother borrowed it in order to copy HD movies

but he also copied the WD files/folders (drivers) inside it.

so after that, i tried to check such ext D. and found out that

the HD movie files cant be access or opened anymore.

and the good thing is, the ext drive can be still detected.\

after connecting to the usb port, a window prompted up &

says that the device must be formatted before it can be use.

this is my problem.

thank you for your help in advance.

do not format the drive as this will erase everything.

google for freeware or trialware data recovery program that you can use to recover your files.

try "miniTool Power Data Recovery".

thanks sir brutus. medyo bago pa yung asus netbook. mga 3months plang kaya palagay ko talaga windows may problem.

will tell wifey na subukan yung advise nyo.im actually abroad kaya wala rin akong magawa kundi tanggapin ang reklamo ni esmi..:(

3 months pa lang? if the netbook was bought from authorized reseller/dealer, the operating system is preloaded packaged. it should be genuine not unless DOS or no OS ang package niya at nagpa install lang ng OS somewhere else. Anyway, check the underside of the netbook if you can find a Certificate of Authenticity (sticker). Pag meron this means legal and genuine po and OS niya and the blank screen is possibly due to another problem. if that is the case, avail the warranty, bring the unit back.

3 months pa lang? if the netbook was bought from authorized reseller/dealer, the operating system is preloaded packaged. it should be genuine not unless DOS or no OS ang package niya at nagpa install lang ng OS somewhere else. Anyway, check the underside of the netbook if you can find a Certificate of Authenticity (sticker). Pag meron this means legal and genuine po and OS niya and the blank screen is possibly due to another problem. if that is the case, avail the warranty, bring the unit back.

i bought the netbook abroad with linux OS. pero ni format ko at pinalitan ng win7 then sent it to wifey dyan sa pinas.

i bought the netbook abroad with linux OS. pero ni format ko at pinalitan ng win7 then sent it to wifey dyan sa pinas.

yup might be the OS. if windows 7 fails the validation. the screen will turn black and there is this notification on the system tray that you might be a victim of counterfeit. that is for cracked win7 software. however, if the version you installed is legit but a trial-ware. after the trial period the OS will no longer be usable and you need to enter a valid product key to activate.

i have a poblem with my notebook....nag blue screen siya pag nag install ako ng bagong os.....

may service center ba ng gateway ba d2 sa pinas?

what type of code makikita mno sa blue screen? much better if you post what type din ng os you are trying to install and hardware specs mo.

yup might be the OS. if windows 7 fails the validation. the screen will turn black and there is this notification on the system tray that you might be a victim of counterfeit. that is for cracked win7 software. however, if the version you installed is legit but a trial-ware. after the trial period the OS will no longer be usable and you need to enter a valid product key to activate.

thanks for the input guys. problem solved. dinala na lang ni esmi sa sm, may kinausap na technician working from computer shops doon. format/ininstall-an na lng ng bagong win7 (copied din).wala namang important data, net surf at chatting lang gamit nya doon.yun ang hirap pag di techy, 500 daw sinigil sa kanya.no warranty.