• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Hi peeps! :) I don't know if this is the right thread for my concern. Anyways, here it is:

I'm using Xperia X10i and was able to connect to the internet via the free WIFI connection at SM Dasma (and other SM branches for that matter). But for the past months, I could still connect to SM's free WIFI but couldn't connect to the internet at all. Is there any setting that I should change or am I missing out on something?

Thanks in advance for those who can help me out. B)

sorry can't help you with your phone settings - it's best if you contact sony ericsson

Mga bro question lang,

Me 6 pc ako running windows xp at dalawang printer (epson stylus at hp d2360) problem ko is yung isa dun di makapag network printing. Ang nangyayari yung apat nakakapag print sa isang pc (named pc6) but when yung isang pc (name pc5), nagpriprint sa pc6, me lumalabas na print spooler error at di na nakakapag print ibang pc ko. naaayos ko lang kung irerestart ko pc at papatayin ang printer sa pc6 at icacancel printing ang pc5 pero ayoko namang palaging ganun ginagawa ko.

Me paraan kaya maaayos ito maliban sa restarting?

Edited by evilson

Mga bro question lang,

Me 6 pc ako running windows xp at dalawang printer (epson stylus at hp d2360) problem ko is yung isa dun di makapag network printing. Ang nangyayari yung apat nakakapag print sa isang pc (named pc6) but when yung isang pc (name pc5), nagpriprint sa pc6, me lumalabas na print spooler error at di na nakakapag print ibang pc ko. naaayos ko lang kung irerestart ko pc at papatayin ang printer sa pc6 at icacancel printing ang pc5 pero ayoko namang palaging ganun ginagawa ko.

Me paraan kaya maaayos ito maliban sa restarting?

which of the two printers were you using?

what OS is pc5 using? xp home or pro?

what are the ip addresses of all the computers? the printer?

can you ping the printer from pc5?

try checking out this link - issue seems similar to your issue http://forums.techgu...rk-printer.html

Edited by SamanthaJones

my staff's pc got infected with a virus from a usb flash drive. i was able to remove the virus. but now the directory tree is not showing. i am sure the directories/files are intact because i can change directories in the cmd prompt, they just do not show up when i type dir or on explorer. OS is XP. when using excel or winword, the only files that show up are in the default directory. TIA

I'm not sure if you're issue is similar to this but check this out

Source: http://www.mylifeincode.com/2009/07/07/dude-wheres-my-folder-treeview/

http://www.mylifeincode.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dude-missing-folder-treeview.gif

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{EFA24E64-B078-11d0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}]

@=”Explorer Band”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{EFA24E64-B078-11d0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}\InProcServer32]

@=”C:\\WINNT\\SYSTEM32\\SHDOCVW.DLL”

“ThreadingModel”=”Apartment”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{EFA24E64-B078-11d0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}\Implemented Categories]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{EFA24E64-B078-11d0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}\Implemented Categories\{00021493-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}]

I saved that to a new notepad document, saved it with an “.reg” extension and double-clicked it. Voila, my missing treeview returned!

http://www.mylifeincode.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dude-missing-folder-treeview-after.gif

^^^ thanks ma'am, but my problem is different. when i expand or click on the root drive c:, nothing shows as if it contains no files/directories. when it is quite obvious that the files/directories are there, otherwise the OS(windows XP) and other programs will not run if they are not. HELP please

what is the name of the virus that infected the computer?

try this one (Source: http://techfreakindia.blogspot.com/2008/07/surabaya-virus-manually-remove-get-rid.html)

(A) At Registry Level

Step 1: Open registry by typing “regedit” at command prompt. In registry ,search for word "Surabaya”.

You will see two keys entries as LegalNoticeCaption and LegalNoticeText.It contains the same message, which appears at startup.

Delete these keys. No harm

Step 2: Keep searching for this word “Surabaya”. There will be lot of entries, are attached to Rundll32. Just remove the Rundll Surabaya text portion from registry key. Remember, keep no trace of Surabaya.

Step 3: Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hideen\SHOWALL You will see that value of CheckedValue is 0 means show all files are disabled. To enable it make it 1.

Quit from registry and got to command prompt. (Start->Run->cmd)

(B) At Command line level

Step 4. Type CD\ to switch to root of drive say C: drive.

Issue the following command

Attrib *. * -S –H –R /D /S ( Put space between /D and /S switches.)

(Note: /S switchProcesses files in all directories in the specified path. /D, Process folders as well.) It will change the attributes of all files in C drive. Surabaya hides all the files by making them Hidden and System files. This command resets the attributes of the files to normal.

While running this command you may receive error for System Volume information folder. Just ignore.

Repeat this command to all drives in your system.

Now you may be able to see all files and folders in your drive.

Step 5 :When you click on infected drive, the autorun.inf file points to some thumb*.exe file. So delete both the files Autorun.inf as well thumb.exe

From command prompt issue following commands.

Del c:\autorun.inf

Del d:\autorun.inf (If D drive present. Do same for E, F: drives)

Del c:\thumb*.exe /S

Del d:\thumb*.exe /S

You may see the command is deleting thumbs.db files too. Don’t worry, these files will get regenerated

Check the Autoexec.bat files in C: drive. Remove the suspicious entries , if any.

Step 6 :Download and install “autoruns” utility. Check the startup programmes in “Logon” and remove the suspicious entries from startup.Restart the system.

which of the two printers were you using?

what OS is pc5 using? xp home or pro?

what are the ip addresses of all the computers? the printer?

can you ping the printer from pc5?

try checking out this link - issue seems similar to your issue http://forums.techgu...rk-printer.html

OS is xp pro at yung mga ip ng mga pc is static at napiping ko naman sya. Ang name ng printer sa fax and printer is CanonIP1300 on "computername". pero pag nag print na sya pag tinignan yung computername nawawala lahat ng list ng printer nya

Edited by evilson

thanks a lot Sam J. will try your suggestion. at first i thought it was 'autorun.inf' so i tried to delete it from the cmd prompt but it was not found by the attrib command. the anti virus programs/shield flagged several files with the 'exe' extension with the directories/sub-directories as filenames thus Music.exe, Pictures.exe, and so on. i think the anti-virus has removed/quarantined or disabled the virus(es) but the 'missing directory tree' problem remained. i cannot search for files/directories since explorer does not display them. even the 'dir' command at the cmd prompt shows nada. :(

it's possible system if still infected. when you removed the virus did you disable system restore? try safe mode and run you anti virus/ spyware program.

if you could provide the name of the virus ti would help.

if not might as well reinstall windows.