• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

hello, newbie question, pag may virus na ba ang pc at wala akong anti virus software, ang gagawin ko lang ba ay mag install ng anti virus software para tanggalin yong infected pc? salamat

may or may not work, depend on how intrusive the "virus" is. suggest if you're not sure how to take it out, just format your hard drive and install a fresh copy of windows.

otherwise.

try troubleshooting the "virus" in safe mode. are you sure its a virus not a spyware? what messages are you getting?

PC gurus hope you can help me out,

i have problems loading a couple of websites, hindi totally naglload. i tried it on other browsers (IE,firefox, chrome, safari).

i used to have kaspersky, totally uninstalled it.

im using Win7 home premium, 64 bit

just a couple of lines from, firefox error console :

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'white-space'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: http://static.ak.fbc...sh/a9n5je9w.css

Line: 184

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'height'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home

Line: 0

if you have any other questions that would help you, help me fix the problem. just post it up.

if you're in safe mode with networking - does it work?

I have a problem po. I'm using windows 7. I Installed VMWare 5.5.01. Pag ni u uninstall ko po yung VMWare ko, I get the bluescreen window of death. Pa help po plleassee! Lol!

(BTW, I just used system restore here. Hirap maghanap ng tamang pag uninstall sa old school na VMWare ampota)

Edited by polofalltrades

I have a problem po. I'm using windows 7. I Installed VMWare 5.5.01. Pag ni u uninstall ko po yung VMWare ko, I get the bluescreen window of death. Pa help po plleassee! Lol!

(BTW, I just used system restore here. Hirap maghanap ng tamang pag uninstall sa old school na VMWare ampota)

Have you tried uninstalling using windows clean up utility or revo uninstaller?

Did you try to just upgrade instead of removing it?

What's the bsod stop error code that you get?

Did you tried the repair windows option in the installation disc that you have? i may resolve the problem but the My Documents folder may be emptied...

Nonono, I was just messing around. No Add/Remove program will be able to do the work. Even VMWare support would never support 5.5.x installations on Win Vista and 7 due to extreme incompatibility issues. If I'd want to uninstall VMWare 5.5.x on windows 7, I'd have to follow a very strict systematic process or else, it'd be hell removing it completely from my system.

Let's just say uninstalling legacy VMWare on unsupported OS'es like Win7 is a pain in the arse. VMWare 5.5.x was never compatible with Windows Vista and its successors to begin with. I just made it work because I used Win7's compatibility feature. Removing it is another story. Win7 support starts with VMWare 6.x.x.

Tol, ano bang model yang hard drive mo? Try mo pag sinaksak mo sa USB slot mo, i feel mo kung parang umiikot yung loob. Kung umiikot pa yan, me pag asa pa yan. Anu ba nangyari diyan, nabagsak?

di siya nabagsak, nasa loob kasi siya ng bagahe nung pauwi ako galing ibang bansa siguro nadaganan, umiikot pa naman, di nga lang ma detect kahit saang computer or laptop, simpletech yung brand tol.... sana you could help dami kasi important na files dun...

B) is there any way for me to be able to utilize the space of my hard disk which is reserved as oem...it consists of 10gig and since i replaced the original hd of my vaio laptop i am having a hard time getting rid of that oem...any ideas how i could clear this space...thanks... B)

Debug the hdd. Check this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106419

-F 220 L1000 0 (ENTER)

-A CS: 100 (ENTER)

xxxx:0100 MOV AX,301 (ENTER)

xxxx:0103 MOV BX,200 (ENTER)

xxxx:0106 MOV CX,1 (ENTER)

xxxx:0109 MOV DX,80 (ENTER) <---"80" for hd1, "81" for hd2 >

xxxx:010C INT 13 (ENTER)

xxxx:010E INT 20 (ENTER)

xxxx:0110 (ENTER) <-------BLANK LINE "VERY IMPORTANT" >

-G (ENTER)

Program terminated normally

- (CTRL)-(ALT)-(DEL) to reboot system

B) thanks a bunch again for the help miss samanthajones...when it really comes to computer queries your the "woman"...till next time... B)

Debug the hdd. Check this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106419

-F 220 L1000 0 (ENTER)

-A CS: 100 (ENTER)

xxxx:0100 MOV AX,301 (ENTER)

xxxx:0103 MOV BX,200 (ENTER)

xxxx:0106 MOV CX,1 (ENTER)

xxxx:0109 MOV DX,80 (ENTER) <---"80" for hd1, "81" for hd2 >

xxxx:010C INT 13 (ENTER)

xxxx:010E INT 20 (ENTER)

xxxx:0110 (ENTER) <-------BLANK LINE "VERY IMPORTANT" >

-G (ENTER)

Program terminated normally

- (CTRL)-(ALT)-(DEL) to reboot system

di siya nabagsak, nasa loob kasi siya ng bagahe nung pauwi ako galing ibang bansa siguro nadaganan, umiikot pa naman, di nga lang ma detect kahit saang computer or laptop, simpletech yung brand tol.... sana you could help dami kasi important na files dun...

Na try mo na rin ba gumamit ng ibang USB cable? Ang alam ko kasi me pag asa pa yan pag me warranty pa yan, ang pagkakaalam ko diyan, lalo na pag sa toshiba ata, tinatanggal nila yung mga plotter(or platter?) tapos me ginagawa to retrieve the files