• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Let me ask you a few questions first, if its ok with you...Do you get an error when you open YM or IE? What message do you get?

:goatee: the usual error as if you are not connected to the internet wherein the page could not be displayed...my ym just keeps on connecting but wont get through...i have tried disabling my firewall but still it doesnt work... :goatee:

:goatee: the usual error as if you are not connected to the internet wherein the page could not be displayed...my ym just keeps on connecting but wont get through...i have tried disabling my firewall but still it doesnt work... :goatee:

First off what internet security suite are you using? Which firewall did you disable? How are you connected to the internet? What operating system are you using? Let's work with the information you provided. Check if there is a proxy server set for your browser. Could be set to something so disable it. Usually YM is set to http tunnel so with proxy set where it is not called for blocks both browser and YM. But based on the info provided so far it could still be anything. :)

Thanks a lot for the input itikbitik! :thumbsupsmiley:

Will definitely try your suggestion out. :zorro:

By the way, do you have any suggested video/audio converter so I can do it as you have suggested? :call:

More power to you! :cool:

Try ImToo. I use several software to make my DVDs from AVI and I use a linux os so It has been a while since I used windows for "reverse-ripping".

DEP is a feature in XP-SP2. Its an added security feature.

If your computer is set to apply DEP to all programs and services, the DEP error message will have a Change Settings button. If an update to the program is not available, follow these steps to add an exception for the program from the DEP error message:

1. When you receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section, click Change Settings.

2. Click to select the check box next to the program, and then click Apply.

3. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click OK two times, and then restart your system.

You can also add an exception for the program by using System Properties in Control Panel. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.

2. Click the Advanced tab, click Performance, and then click Settings.

3. In Performance Options, click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Add.

4. In the Open dialog box, locate and then click the program.

5. Click Open, click Apply, and then click OK. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click OK.

How to remove?

it cannot be removed...but you can turn it off. steps below:

1. right click my computer

2. click properties

3. click advanced tab

4. click on the settings button in the performance section

5. click on data execution prevention tab

6. Select the item labeled "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only". This, effectively turns off DEP for everything else.

hth.

Edited by Google
When I open a folder containing videos, an error occurs.

Can someone please help... Thanks.

I'm using windows XP.

Info:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.5512 ModName: emzdecmp4_h263.dll

ModVer: 2.9.0.0 Offset: 00002847

your system might be infected with malware or your windows system files are corrupted.

1. Run some malware removal tools to check for spyware.

2. For the File corruption:

ran SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from the Run prompt.

Disable Script Debugging - Internet Explorer

re-installed Div-X

your system might be infected with malware or your windows system files are corrupted.

1. Run some malware removal tools to check for spyware.

2. For the File corruption:

ran SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from the Run prompt.

Disable Script Debugging - Internet Explorer

re-installed Div-X

thanks for the reply!

can you recommend a good malware remover?

hi guys need your help....

i bought a laptop like a year ago...I purchase it with a Recovery disc on it..

Unfortunately i lost it...Is there a way to recover it?

Is recovery disc really important?

pls advise ..Thanks!

What brand? Usually It can be downloaded somewhere :D

If not you can always rebuild using a boot leg XP and hack it to use your key.

Edited by itikbitik
  • 2 weeks later...

mga bossing. need your help. last week i bought a 1tb western digital my book essential (external hard drive). ang problem ko is everytime na magre-restart ng pc ayaw magtuloy sa windows kapag naka plug sa pc ko ung 1tb western digital my book. kelangan nakatanggal siya bago magtuloy sa windows. i tried it sa ibang pc ok naman. sa ken lang talaga ayaw. thanks po!