Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

dude!!! if you're techy...open the drive and clean the lense..otherwise get a diskette drive cleaner...its just dirty

its almost a bnew pc. computer sa office yun e. i dont think its a dirty drive kasi same problem occur when you're using flashdisks as posted..

guys help me naman asap, when i turn on my computer walang lumalabas sa monitor and ayaw gumana ng keyboard sinubukan ko na palitan yung video card and memory pero wala pa din., what are the most likely defect the motherbard and cpu ?, or hw can i determine which most likely i need to replace?, hlp naman tol

mga gurus patulong naman po.

before wala problema ito, biglaan na lang talaga

problem ko kasi kapag normal lang ang typing ko (word, other applications, etc.) walang problema sa keyboard.

pero kapag nag games nako (gta, nfs, nfs carbon) hindi ko magalaw yung cursor keys ko saka

minsan umiikot yung tao (sa gta) tapos naka left steering lagi yung kotse (nfs carbon, nfs hot pursuit)

kala ko before, keyboard, so nagpalit ako ng keyboard

ganun pa rin.

anu kaya problema nito?

windows xp

512mb

40g hdd

athlon xp 2100+

patulong naman po

solution is to boot in the recovery console, and write cmd: copy c:\windows\repair\system c:\windows\system32\config ... it will copy 1 file (overwrite - yes), keyboard and mouse on ps/2 should now working.

from techspot.com

sir thank you for the advice

but could you give me the specifics?

step by step procedure?

im a bit newbie yet in terms of troubleshooting windows :D

thank you very much, very well appreciated po :D

sensya na po kung spoon feed

Guys. Im back...I need ur advice...

Everytime I play Warcraft Moo Moo v1.6 my pc hangs up and shuts down!

When I touched the motherboard, it is so damn hot!! It heats up quickly after I turn on my PC in just 10 mins ...Bunubuksan ko na nga ang casing at nakatapat na sa electric fan ang CPU ko.Still, mabilis pa rin uminit ang mga chassis! Im so pissed off everytime it makes a soft "screeching" sound and hangs up or suddenly shuts down!

here is my PC Spec:

2.8 GHz Intel Dual core Processor (maybe overclocked!)

512 MB memory

ASUS PSP800 SE motherboard

550 watts power supply

What seems to be the prob??? :( :( :(

Check mo dude kung may thermal paste pa. sometimes heat is not properly conducted to the heat sink pag wala ng thermal paste.

Get a better cpu fan or a different cooling system. At 2.8 Ghz Dual (may be over clocked) di pwede alanganin na cooling system. I used a liquid one for my bro's system. Although 2.6 Ghz lang yun at di pa over-clocked.

Guys. Im back...I need ur advice...

Everytime I play Warcraft Moo Moo v1.6 my pc hangs up and shuts down!

When I touched the motherboard, it is so damn hot!! It heats up quickly after I turn on my PC in just 10 mins ...Bunubuksan ko na nga ang casing at nakatapat na sa electric fan ang CPU ko.Still, mabilis pa rin uminit ang mga chassis! Im so pissed off everytime it makes a soft "screeching" sound and hangs up or suddenly shuts down!

here is my PC Spec:

2.8 GHz Intel Dual core Processor (maybe overclocked!)

512 MB memory

ASUS PSP800 SE motherboard

550 watts power supply

What seems to be the prob??? :( :( :(

maybe overclocked? wth?! who's computer is that?

go to the bios and reset all settings regarding the cpu...this includes the thermal switch in there...it will throttle down the cpu if it overheats..this will cause a minor slowdown but not a sudden power off...

if its 2.8ghz..then its not overclocked

check if all the fans inside your pc case are working...it will overheat if the exhaust fan is not working...

check the fan inside the power supply if not working...this will just add heat inside your psu...

check if the fan of the cpu cooler itself..it might be not working...

lastly refit your heatsink with new thermal paste...and by the way thermal pastes don't evaporate...in your case it might just be the fans

or the cpu and thermal paste was installed incorrectly

mga sir tanong lang po..

the taskbar on my laptop keeps on refreshing. i can't open any thing from the task bar. but when i use the task manager i can open any thing.. parang na virus ako..:( any suggestion on what should i do.. if i have to format it, how will i do it. tangtech po ako sa ganito..:D

btw my os is vista home premium.

what do you mean by refreshing? have you tried hitting the windows key?

there are online scanners..try them...

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

vista? hmmmm i don't use vista..but try the online scan...it takes hours if you have lots of files

thanks alot try ko mamaya pag uwi ko.

refreshing it changes every minute then the taskbar will just disappear. i have to run it thru task manager to see it again, but then it will keep on updating. if i try to open anythig thru taskbar it will open then when the taskbar updates the program will close..:(

It's been a while since I've last opened my PC for a makeover and have forgotten how to properly attach the pins for the case's USB extension. Can anyone give me a guide on which pins goes to what plug? Baka ma-short ko PC ko if I do a trial and error approach based on (failing) memory.

How can i repair the windows registry?? Can you suggest a program that will put all registry data back to normal.??

I have recently been inflicted by a trojan that removed the "my computer" icon from the desktop. It also disabled the "properties" command.... The problem is i can't seem to get the 2 back to my command..

How can i get the 2 things back? MY computer is clean according to nod32 3.0 and xoftspy anti-spyware. Hijackthis also presents a clean health. Have completely removed the stubborn dranyam and genetik trojan from my system....

Can you also suggest a good program that catches worms?? is Nod32 enough??

I had a problem with installing nod32.. so uninstalled it and the nod32fix... so i tried to replace it with another antivirus but now have a problem that cannot finish installing anything. error1092 happens do you have adequate administrative privilege. thanks for any help