Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

panu po i - convert yung internal CD ROM to external? may bibilhin po ba at saan? magkakaroon kasi ako ng laptop kaso walang internal CD ROM eh kaya di ko malalagyan ng windows. TIA :thumbsupsmiley:

imho, walang facility or special device to convert your internal CD ROM to an external one.

just buy an external DVD-RW drive. mura na lang din naman yun eh. USB connected.

MTC bros and sis, pls help me. i plan to buy a minilaptop like an asus or msi wind. based on this thread/subforum wla optical drive ang mga ito. My query is: is it technically possible to connect/ install an optical drive & play a dvd movie thereafter installation? TIA

Meron akong Hiren's Boot CD di ko alam na ganito pala kadami utilities nito.

---------------------------------------------------------

BIOS Update Procedure

All latest Motherboards today, 486/ Pentium / Pentium Pro etc.,ensure that upgrades are easily obtained by incorporating the system BIOS in a FLASH Memory component. With FLASH BIOS, there is no need to replace an EPROM component. Once downloaded, the upgrade utility fits on a floppy disc allowing the user to save, verify and update the system BIOS. A hard drive or a network drive can also be used to run the newer upgrade utilities. However, memory managers can not be installed while upgrading.

Most pre-Pentium motherboards do not have a Flash BIOS. The following instructions therefore do not apply to these boards. If your motherboard does not have a Flash BIOS (EEPROM) you will need to use an EPROM programmer to re-program the BIOS chip. See your dealer for more information about this.

Please read the following instructions in full before starting a Flash BIOS upgrade:

A. Create a Bootable Floppy (in DOS)

•With a non-formatted disk, type the following:

format a:/s

•If using a formatted disk, type:

sys a:

This procedure will ensure a clean boot when you are flashing the new BIOS.

B. Download the BIOS file

•Download the correct BIOS file by clicking on the file name of the BIOS file you wish to download.

•Save the BIOS file and the Flash Utility file in the boot disk you have created. Unzip the BIOS file and the flash utility file. If you don't have an "unzip" utility, download the WinZip for Windows 95 shareware/ evaluation copy for that one time use from _www.winzip.com or _www.pkware.com. Most CD ROMs found in computer magazines, have a shareware version of WinZip on them.

•You should have extracted two files:

Flash BIOS utility eg: flash7265.exe (for example)

BIOS eg: 6152J900.bin (example)

Use the latest flash utility available unless otherwise specified (either on the BIOS update page or in the archive file). This information is usually provided.

C. Upgrade the System BIOS

During boot up, write down the old BIOS version because you will need to use it for the BIOS backup file name.

Place the bootable floppy disk containing the BIOS file and the Flash Utility in drive a, and reboot the system in MS-DOS, preferably Version 6.22

•At the A:> prompt, type the corresponding Flash BIOS utility and the BIOS file with its extension.

For example:

flash625 615j900.bin

•From the Flash Memory Writer menu, select "Y" to "Do you want to save BIOS?" if you want to save (back up) your current BIOS (strongly recommended), then type the name of your current BIOS and its extension after FILE NAME TO SAVE: eg: a:\613J900.bin

Alternatively select "N" if you don't want to save your current BIOS. Beware, though, that you won't be able to recover from a possible failure.

•Select "Y" to "Are you sure to program?"

•Wait until it displays "Message: Power Off or Reset the system"

Once the BIOS has been successfully loaded, remove the floppy disk and reboot the system. If you write to BIOS but cannot complete the procedure, do not switch off, because the computer will not be able to boo, and you will not be given another chance to flash. In this case leave your system on until you resolve the problem (flashing BIOS with old file is a possible solution, provided you've made a backup before)

Make sure the new BIOS version has been loaded properly by taking note of the BIOS identifier as the system is rebooting.

For AMI BIOS

Once the BIOS has been successfully loaded, remove the floppy disk and reboot the system holding the "END" key prior to power on until you enter CMOS setup. If you do not do this the first time booting up after upgrading the BIOS, the system will hang.

BIOS Update Tips

note:

1.Make sure never to turn off or reset your computer during the flash process. This will corrupt the BIOS data. We also recommend that you make a copy of your current BIOS on the bootable floppy so you can reflash it if you need to. (This option is not available when flashing an AMI BIOS).

2. If you have problems installing your new BIOS please check the following:

Have you done a clean boot?

In other words, did you follow the above procedure for making a bootable floppy? This ensures that when booting from "A" there are no device drivers on the diskette. Failing to do a clean boot is the most common cause for getting a "Memory Insufficient" error message when attempting to flash a BIOS.

If you have not used a bootable floppy, insure a clean boot either by

a) pressing F5 during bootup

B) by removing all device drivers on the CONFIG.SYS including the HIMEM.SYS. Do this by using the EDIT command.

Have you booted up under DOS?

Booting in Windows is another common cause for getting a "Memory Insufficient" error message when attempting to flash a BIOS. Make sure to boot up to DOS with a minimum set of drivers. Important: Booting in DOS does not mean selecting "Restart computer in MS-DOS Mode" from Windows98/95 shutdown menu or going to Prompt mode in WindowsNT, but rather following the above procedure (format a: /s and rebooting from a:\).

Have you entered the full file name of the flash utility and the BIOS plus its extension?

Do not forget that often you will need to add a drive letter (a:\) before flashing the BIOS. Example: when asked for file name of new BIOS file which is on your floppy disk, in case you're working from c:\ your will need to type a:\615j900.bin, rather than 615j900.bin only.

MTC bros and sis, pls help me. i plan to buy a minilaptop like an asus or msi wind. based on this thread/subforum wla optical drive ang mga ito. My query is: is it technically possible to connect/ install an optical drive & play a dvd movie thereafter installation? TIA

Dude, technically, its very possible. Kung mag burn nga, possible eh. Playing movies pa kaya?

Just make sure you have the right software to play the movies with like Nero Showtime, etc.

And also make sure that your External CD/DVD R/W drive comes with drivers. Yung lang nakikita kong posibleng magka problema. Pero kung bago naman ang bibilhin mo, malamang, kahit walang kasamang driver, may available na driver sa website niya. Just check the package of the product.

Guys ask ko lang po about sa game na nainstall ko, Left4dead sya sa isa kong pc ok naman kaso sa other pc naman sounds lang sya wala yung video pero halos same spec lang naman pc k ano kaya problem d2?

baka sa video rendering yan ng game. try to change muna the monitor settings ng computer mo. start from 640 x 480 and go upwards if needed.

i have a poblem with my notebook....nag blue screen siya pag nag install ako ng bagong os.....

may service center ba ng gateway ba d2 sa pinas?

guys help!!!!!!!

alam ko d ito related sa topic.. pero ask ko lang..

i hav a prblem kc s fs account ko.. binago kc ng x ko ung password so d ko sya mapasok.. any idea guys pno ko ma retrieved ung fs account ko?? tnxssss

guys help!!!!!!!

alam ko d ito related sa topic.. pero ask ko lang..

i hav a prblem kc s fs account ko.. binago kc ng x ko ung password so d ko sya mapasok.. any idea guys pno ko ma retrieved ung fs account ko?? tnxssss

use the forgot password option

just enter the email address you have used to register with Friendster

and a link will be sent to that email address to reset your password

• 2 weeks later...

:goatee: is there any remedy for my drive c and drive d aside from reformat since everytime i double click on the drives it asks for what program to use to open the drive instead of the usual opening of the drive automatically...so instead of being able to access the drive immediately i still have to choose explore in the right click menu for me to be able to view the contents of the drive...what could i do about it...thanks... :goatee:

:goatee: is there any remedy for my drive c and drive d aside from reformat since everytime i double click on the drives it asks for what program to use to open the drive instead of the usual opening of the drive automatically...so instead of being able to access the drive immediately i still have to choose explore in the right click menu for me to be able to view the contents of the drive...what could i do about it...thanks... :goatee:

walang problem yung drives mo inho. ang problem mo is yung windows mo.

try mo muna mag XP repair.

Sir patulong naman. Nag install ako ng yahoo messenger ver 9.0.0.2136 (dati beta 9 gamit ko). Ayaw na gumana yun voice call. i cant hear a ring when they call and when I call, I cant hear a ring either. I just see there "connecting to voice service". Tapows log ng puro missed calls. Sa skype ok naman voice call. do you think I should revert to yahoo version 8.1?

Dito ako sa KSA. 3 of my friends here in same villa also experiences the same problem. Sa ISP kaya to?

Also, di ako makapasok sa sa Administrative tools > Computer management. Access denied daw ako sa Computer mgmt, gawa sana ako ng partion sa HDD ko. Naka Admin User po ako.

Thank you po.

Sir patulong naman. Nag install ako ng yahoo messenger ver 9.0.0.2136 (dati beta 9 gamit ko). Ayaw na gumana yun voice call. i cant hear a ring when they call and when I call, I cant hear a ring either. I just see there "connecting to voice service". Tapows log ng puro missed calls. Sa skype ok naman voice call. do you think I should revert to yahoo version 8.1?

Dito ako sa KSA. 3 of my friends here in same villa also experiences the same problem. Sa ISP kaya to?

Also, di ako makapasok sa sa Administrative tools > Computer management. Access denied daw ako sa Computer mgmt, gawa sana ako ng partion sa HDD ko. Naka Admin User po ako.

Thank you po.

bro try to update the CODEC...go to GOOGLE and search for ym 9 voice codec.. :headsetsmiley: :goatee:

sensya na po di ko alam kung saan ipo-post tong question ko paki lipat na lang po.

i have a multiple workstation, gusto ko po malaman kung paano ko gagawin na hindi makapag navigate ang internet explorer sa ibang website at hindi makapag open ng ibang application ang mga user.

meron po bang software na kailangan or may kailangan lang baguhin sa settings?

i hope someone could help me... thanks in advance :mtc:

Mga Master, tanong lang, I buy 2nd hand IBM desktop computers, since yung OS nya is license sa company, they reformat the computer. I try to switch it on when I first get it and it shows windows XP professional. I'm surprised that there is OS, so I connected it on the internet and downloaded YM. Unfortunately after downloading the YM suddenly it hangs and the screen goes all black. the only thing that i see on the screen is mouse cursor. I try to re-start but it goes the same. Can you please help me find out resolving the problem. Thanks!

mga bossing, pano po pag gamit ng ISO file?

not sure how to answer this but:

ISO file/ ISO image is an archive file. it stores a group of files under a single file. similar to archiving files under winzip, winrar but in compressed format.

uses:

example linux distros that can be downloaded are in ISO format. you can then mount this to a virtual drive as if you have a disk

PSP can load games in ISO file format.

sensya na po di ko alam kung saan ipo-post tong question ko paki lipat na lang po.

i have a multiple workstation, gusto ko po malaman kung paano ko gagawin na hindi makapag navigate ang internet explorer sa ibang website at hindi makapag open ng ibang application ang mga user.

what i know is its a permission

could be changed on the server

sad to say nakalimutan ko na ito.

tinuro sa akin nang admin namin dati

obviously di ako nakinig :lol:

THunDerZ Posted Today, 12:07 AM

Mga Master, tanong lang, I buy 2nd hand IBM desktop computers, since yung OS nya is license sa company, they reformat the computer. I try to switch it on when I first get it and it shows windows XP professional. I'm surprised that there is OS, so I connected it on the internet and downloaded YM. Unfortunately after downloading the YM suddenly it hangs and the screen goes all black. the only thing that i see on the screen is mouse cursor. I try to re-start but it goes the same. Can you please help me find out resolving the problem. Thanks!

did you already try safe mode?

last known good?

sa basics muna :)

are you using a wireless router or even a cabled router? if yes, you may edit the settings there.

I just had my PC reformatted and to my dismay, scrolling in both Opera and Firefox is choppy. I didn't experience this prior to the reformat. How can I fix this?

a. you have not installed your video card driver properly.

b. if you did, edit or change your video settings.

have you tried booting up in safe mode?