The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

depends on your needs imho.

Civic

a. do you need a bigger space?

b. do you need a powerful engine?

c. will it be occassionally used for out of town trips for four to five people?

or

City

a. would it be ok with you to drive in a subcompact?

b. do you prefer a fuel efficient car

c. will it be used for city driving only?

depends on your needs imho.

Civic

a. do you need a bigger space?

b. do you need a powerful engine?

c. will it be occassionally used for out of town trips for four to five people?

or

City

a. would it be ok with you to drive in a subcompact?

b. do you prefer a fuel efficient car

c. will it be used for city driving only?

Now this is exactly my predicament ... coz my needs are as follows:

Civic

a. do you need a bigger space? YES (+)

b. do you need a powerful engine? Generally NO (-)

c. will it be occassionally used for out of town trips for four to five people? YES (+)

or

City

a. would it be ok with you to drive in a subcompact? NO (-)

b. do you prefer a fuel efficient car Definitely YES (+)

c. will it be used for city driving only? MOst of the time YES (+)

Positive Score: 2 Civic - 2 city

To sum it up, my requirement are as follows:

1. a car that has space that could sit 4-5 comfortably

2. this will be predominantly use for city driving but with occational out of town trips (laguna, tagaytay, clark, subic)

3. I definitely want a FUEL EFFICIENT CAR

same engine with jazz, pero mas roomy kc sedan sya, mas malaki nga lang ung gasoline cosumption, 5.7 ltr/100km un jazz, e2 6.7ltr/100km

based on the post above if 5.7 ltr/100km that's roughtly 14-15 km/ltr ... just want to clarify if this is based on purely city driving or a combination of highway+city driving.

Guys please help me decide... would it be the CIVC 1.8V or the new top of the line CITY?

My budget is around P800K and these 2 fits my budget. Look-wise mukhang attractive ang CITY + its paddle shify feature. However, the Civic has a bigger engine, design is not bad either given its advanced digital console.

Civic

c. will it be occassionally used for out of town trips for four to five people? YES (+)

or

City

2. this will be predominantly use for city driving but with occational out of town trips (laguna, tagaytay, clark, subic)

Based on your answers, it looks like its the Civic for you.

Civic

or

City

got for the Civic. Its a fuel efficient car for vehicle that size and displacement.

I owned a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer GLX Cedia

I must admit 2003 was abad time to buy a car, Altis was very common that time, Sentra was not very good in terms of the design and the 2002 Lancer was phased out. Civic on the other handwas not a very good design for me and for our budget we can only get the 1.5L. I wanted to go for Ford Lynx that time but was unsure if Ford was here to stay.

So I took a gamble with the new lancer that will be launch in 2003. We got the Cedia, well as far as design not really good. BUt it was the interior that i was looking for. Beige and brown looks very formal. Not sporty.

Other than that i regret buying the car too early because MAZDA and the new lancer is awesome!

what do you think of my mods on my mits fortis?

it's still a work in progress.

i don't intend to make it into an evo, i plan to do our own custom styling on it. we'd probably slap on a turbo kit while we're on it na.

Sir what variant is this? Bakit hindi projector yun headlights? :)

I'm a newbie when it comes to cars but I'm planning on buying a second-hand Mitsubishi Lancer '87 Model. Any tips?

The seller is offering it at 50,000 PHP (I'm currently negotiating to lower it to 40K) and claims it to be in good running condition. It has Mag Wheels and leather seat covers. He says the AC is good. The paint job needs a few massaging but I'm aspiring to have its color changed to black since I don't really dig maroon.

Any tips? I want to get my money's worth since I've been saving this money since I can't remember when. I wanna make sure I get my money's worth.

Malakas ba ito sa gasolina? I can't really trust everything the seller says. Hehehe.

Maganda pa kaya makina nito? Tsaka gaano pa kaya katagal ang itatagal nito with proper maintenance?

I'm a newbie when it comes to cars but I'm planning on buying a second-hand Mitsubishi Lancer '87 Model. Any tips?

The seller is offering it at 50,000 PHP (I'm currently negotiating to lower it to 40K) and claims it to be in good running condition. It has Mag Wheels and leather seat covers. He says the AC is good. The paint job needs a few massaging but I'm aspiring to have its color changed to black since I don't really dig maroon.

Any tips? I want to get my money's worth since I've been saving this money since I can't remember when. I wanna make sure I get my money's worth.

Malakas ba ito sa gasolina? I can't really trust everything the seller says. Hehehe.

Maganda pa kaya makina nito? Tsaka gaano pa kaya katagal ang itatagal nito with proper maintenance?

Better to save up and get a Toyota Corolla ae92. (89-92). These go for 80 to 100+ depending on the condition. What's nice about this car is that there are soooo many parts. As in madame, easy to modify. Engine swaps are relatively cheap din. Really a good car

^

just be prepared to spend for repairs. you should have money allocated for this in your budget, especially when you are buying a car this 'mature'.

good luck bro.

Yeah, I'm morally preparing myself for that. I think if I get this car, I'll finally be able to stop smoking or at least minimize it. Hehehe.

Better to save up and get a Toyota Corolla ae92. (89-92). These go for 80 to 100+ depending on the condition. What's nice about this car is that there are soooo many parts. As in madame, easy to modify. Engine swaps are relatively cheap din. Really a good car

Dude, that's like double the price of the current car I'm eyeing for. I'm not sure how much longer I'll have to save up for that. My savings keep getting depleted everytime there's an emergency. Ngayon lang ako sinwerte na makapag ipon ng ganito kalaki na walang nagkakasakit. Hehehe. Sa akin kasi nakasandal mga in-laws ko sa mga ganung bagay eh. Hehehe.

its nice to be back here at mtc. @alloy the box type lancer for 40k is good given that the repairs would be at a minimal, its a given that there would be one or two or even more work to be done hehehe. Make sure you have a mechanic that you can trust to check out the engine and suspension. Look for the usual leaks ng oil or water. When taking it out for a test drive notice the noises it makes. Mahirap yung sagad na yung budget mo sa price pa lang ng car. A decent paint job alone would set you back at least 20k na. Be ready for maintenance cost, registration, parking na mahal haay naku yosi na lang tayo hehehe. But you'll never go wrong with a mistubishi :thumbsupsmiley:

Dude, sa paint job lang ako makakatipid ng todo. Buti na nga lang at dati akong nagtrabaho as a car painter nung kabataan ko pa. Hehehe.

I think I'll brush up my skills on the "FrankenToshiba" Project I'm gonna do. (I aim to revive a dead Toshiba Laptop and give it a full makeover. Hehehe. I plan on painting it as if its a car since the design of its casing is slightly based on one. Hehehe.)

Pero talagang kakailanganin ko talaga pinturahan. Dami kasing spots pero makinis pa yung paint sa mga lugar na walang spots. Will post pics of the car later. Maybe I'll get more angles first. Kung wala lang ngang spots, iisipin mong bago pa yung kotse.

I went for an optical inspection and I found out that the seats really had leather seat covers. The tires aren't that old and It had some sweet mags.

Sana maipon ko na agad yung kulang pa sa pambili. Hehehe.

what do you think of my mods on my mits fortis?

it's still a work in progress.

i don't intend to make it into an evo, i plan to do our own custom styling on it. we'd probably slap on a turbo kit while we're on it na.

Nice car pre! heheh budget didn't permit me to get the same car but got the LANCER 2008 GLX (2007 upgrade instead). Cool car still :) hehehe

well, i can't really say I'm a fanatic... but I opted for this new 2009 Lancer GT when I did Car SHopping last week.. Kanina ko lang napickup after rust proofing, tint and all those other stuff... I wanted a Rally Red Color kaso 2 more weeks of waiting pa raw kaya I opted for an Octane Blue Color na lang...

a 2.0 L MIVEC 14 engine

It has a Rockford Fosgate Sound System.. - 9 speakers in seven location and 10 inch long subwoofer.

SIrius Satelleti Radio

Bluetooth cellular Phone Interface

7 airbags for safety..

SUN ROOF

Yun lang ang bigat sa bulsa...

post-31864-1236229386.jpg

post-31864-1236229411.jpg

Edited by vanillasky
elow ... sino d2 mga mitsu cars fanatic. well ako isa na dun im driving a lancer EL 96

lets unite :)

I have a 1973 dodge colt about 80% restoration na ko... actually its my wifes car nabili for 43k, can u guest how much its worth now? check out cardomain under kwatog_ingrato sorry its too large to post it here and an error happen when im posting the tread.. :thumbsupsmiley: