6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

Who are your playoff teams?: Skip2MyLou, FalseHoops, A-Team, House Stark, Team Softies, The Sexy Boys

Mananalo ng championship?: Pag may sinagot ako, sabihin nio namemersonal ako :lol:

Tatakbo sa Mediocrity Treadmill: Chocofish

Gagawa ng most moves: Black Mamba's Jock (kung-fu master)

Gagawa ng least moves: Pinkman's Posse?

Psst, bakit mo sinali team ko? :lol:

Wala, palpak ang draft ko this year, despite all the mock drafts. Sigh.

Psst, bakit mo sinali team ko? :lol:

Wala, palpak ang draft ko this year, despite all the mock drafts. Sigh.

Wala lang, tingin ko kailangan isali :lol:

Yan na sinasabi ko ehh.. Syempre pag legendary na sa fNBA, legendary rin magiging review niya.

Ako lang ehh kailangan ko muna gawin yung homework ko, saka na ako mabigyan ng rights para mag-review :D

@denim, LOL im actually guessing pag-ibig too (not the fund they use at pinas)..

With the legendary Cousin Barry (a.k.a Doc) gone, and Choco Starfish refusing to give us his usual capsule team reviews despite being saved from D-League demotion because of our kindness and generosity :lol: , I was forced to come up with my own unreliable team reviews. :lol: Pagpasensyahan nyo na, ang aangal, gumawa ng sariling team review/s. :lol:

Part 1 (ewan lang kung may Part II)

House Stark

Last season, I did not include House Stark in my prediction of playoff-bound teams. He went on to prove me wrong by winning his first Main League title. This year, Im predicting he will win it all so that the opposite will come true. Ha ha ha. Kidding aside, with a healthy Deron Williams (and to a certain extent, Eric Gordon), this team should be right in the playoff mix although I have a feeling Jong will be looking for big men stats sooner rather than later.

Good job, brod!

I think you're right on the "making the playoffs" part but winning it all requires a minor miracle.

As for the big man stats, I'm still praying for a Dwight Howard injury and at least decent seasons from Cody Zeller and Bennett.

But if this is a roto league, I'll get high scores in PTS, AST, FT%, FTM, 3PTM and maybe A/T. :lol:

Eto na ang Part II, despite the abject lack of public demand. :lol:

Team Softies

He showed his inner geek by choosing to be present at the live draft instead of oggling at girls at Soul Surf. And man, did it pay off. With Ibaka and Marc Gasol manning the frontline, this team is anything but soft. The key, however, will be how soon Westbrook comes back and which Tobias Harris shows up. If Westbrook comes back within a month, Harris plays like he did in the 2nd half of last season, and Bradley Beal becomes a better version of the old KevMart, watch out, this team could win it all. Yes, nerds rule! :lol:

Best value pick: Westbrook in the 3rd

Worst pick: Tyreke in the 6th

Labuyo MTC Main

Live Drafting at 4 in the morning somewhere in the coast of Norway, Labuyo deserves a medal for dedication. That dedication though will not be enough to lead him to a playoff appearance in his first foray into the Main League. The guard stats (assists, steals) leave a lot to be desired with Conley the only reliable pg. Avery Bradley will most definitely help but there are going to be nights when all Labuyo will want to do is drop him and wish he had Rondo. The season has yet to start and Labuyo is already pimping Pekovic. I suggest patience. Pekovic will deliver if healthy.

Best value pick: Favors in the 4th

Most boring pick: Conley in the 2nd

The A Team

Playoff contender. That’s what you get if you have Kryie, Kemba and Felton in the backcourt and Cousins, Monroe, Kanter and Tristan for your frontline. Throw in Brandon Knight as a fourth pg and with McLemore getting a chance to prove his worth, and I’d be very surprised if this team wont finish in the top 3. The only real weakness I can see is that this team might lead the league in turnovers; that’s the downside in getting 4 pgs and Demarcus Cousins but Im pretty sure Ayasadai doesn’t mind one bit.

Best value pick: Kanter in the 6th and/or Thompson in the 9th

Worst pick: None. Pero kung pipilitin, J.R. Smith in the 7th

LBJ’s Bandwagon

The key to owning LBJ is to build on his strength (assists), which was something Snitch Devil failed to do. One reliable point guard would have solidified this team but Snitch ended up with Linsanity instead. Problem with that though is that McHale loves Patrick Beverley’s hustle and defense. But make no mistake about it, this team will always have a chance to win because Lebron is a bad, bad man (not as ‘bad’ as Kobe in his prime of course, he he). All Snitch has to do is to trade either Hayward or Deng for a pg or pf/c (depending on strategy) and this team will become instantly better.

Best value pick: Deng in the 7th

Worst pick: Jeremy Lin in the 6th

Chw Boyz

Good averages (ft & fg%) but this team’s fate will depend on how many minutes KG will play (not a lot) and the health of Noah and Nash (very iffy). Nash aged 10 years in only 1 year in LA-LA Land and at this point, I honestly might as well roll with Steve Blake ‘coz at least I know the latter will not get the Duncan treatment (i.e. DNP-Old).

Best value pick: James Anderson in the 11th

Worst pick: Ryan Anderson in the 4th and Nash in the 7th

Thanwan

What could have been a great draft turned comical with the Bynum pick in the 6th round and to a certain extent, the Amare pick in the 11th. But if Drew stops playing bowling and actually gets into basketball shape, who knows? Amare is another matter though since I think he is completely shot (poor Knicks, they are still on the hook for $45M for the next two years). Whatever, for some weird reason, I still like this team and I think it will finish in the upper half of this league.

Best value pick: David West in the 5th

Worst pick: Bynum in the 6th

Perth Wildcats

He missed the draft but Yahoo managed to draft a pretty decent team. However, decent only means that this team has no real strengths. A lot will also depend on when Kobe will come back or if he can return as the Black Mamba of old. Either Nick Young or Harrison Barnes (or both) must go in exchange for bigger bodies from the FA pool or else this team wont be in sniffing distance of the playoffs.

Best value pick: Calderon in the 5th

Worst pick: Joe Johnson in the 9th

With the legendary Cousin Barry (a.k.a Doc) gone, and Choco Starfish refusing to give us his usual capsule team reviews despite being saved from D-League demotion because of our kindness and generosity :lol: , I was forced to come up with my own unreliable team reviews. :lol: Pagpasensyahan nyo na, ang aangal, gumawa ng sariling team review/s. :lol:

Part 1 (ewan lang kung may Part II)

False Hoops

This is the Main League’s 9th year. And in the past 8 years, Bubuy is the only manager to have won the league title twice. Picking at the turn, False Hoops capitalized by getting LMA and Horford and Teague and Bledsoe for the first 4 rounds. Classic pg/pf-c strategy. I would have been quaking in my boots though if he had picked Ibaka over Horford ‘coz the latter would have taken care of the blocks week in and week out but hey, I'm obviously nitpicking. A shoo-in to make the playoffs and deep down inside, Bubuy knows he has a legit chance of winning his 3rd Main League title.

good vibes. hopefully my no superstar strategy pans out.

Team Softies

He showed his inner geek by choosing to be present at the live draft instead of oggling at girls at Soul Surf. And man, did it pay off. With Ibaka and Marc Gasol manning the frontline, this team is anything but soft. The key, however, will be how soon Westbrook comes back and which Tobias Harris shows up. If Westbrook comes back within a month, Harris plays like he did in the 2nd half of last season, and Bradley Beal becomes a better version of the old KevMart, watch out, this team could win it all. Yes, nerds rule! :lol:

hahaha. talagang nasama yung Soul Surf. Appreciate the analysis, master AJB. Yeah you're right bout Reke, I just checked the draft results and there were still a couple of solid bigs I coulda picked to back up Gasol/Ibaka. A major booboo on my part.

Team Softies

Labuyo MTC Main

Live Drafting at 4 in the morning somewhere in the coast of Norway, Labuyo deserves a medal for dedication. That dedication though will not be enough to lead him to a playoff appearance in his first foray into the Main League. The guard stats (assists, steals) leave a lot to be desired with Conley the only reliable pg. Avery Bradley will most definitely help but there are going to be nights when all Labuyo will want to do is drop him and wish he had Rondo. The season has yet to start and Labuyo is already pimping Pekovic. I suggest patience. Pekovic will deliver if healthy.

Best value pick: Favors in the 4th

Most boring pick: Conley in the 2nd

The A Team

Playoff contender. That’s what you get if you have Kryie, Kemba and Felton in the backcourt and Cousins, Monroe, Kanter and Tristan for your frontline. Throw in Brandon Knight as a fourth pg and with McLemore getting a chance to prove his worth, and I’d be very surprised if this team wont finish in the top 3. The only real weakness I can see is that this team might lead the league in turnovers; that’s the downside in getting 4 pgs and Demarcus Cousins but Im pretty sure Ayasadai doesn’t mind one bit.

Best value pick: Kanter in the 6th and/or Thompson in the 9th

Worst pick: None. Pero kung pipilitin, J.R. Smith in the 7th

LBJ’s Bandwagon

The key to owning LBJ is to build on his strength (assists), which was something Snitch Devil failed to do. One reliable point guard would have solidified this team but Snitch ended up with Linsanity instead. Problem with that though is that McHale loves Patrick Beverley’s hustle and defense. But make no mistake about it, this team will always have a chance to win because Lebron is a bad, bad man (not as ‘bad’ as Kobe in his prime of course, he he). All Snitch has to do is to trade either Hayward or Deng for a pg or pf/c (depending on strategy) and this team will become instantly better.

Best value pick: Deng in the 7th

Worst pick: Jeremy Lin in the 6th

Chw Boyz

Good averages (ft & fg%) but this team’s fate will depend on how many minutes KG will play (not a lot) and the health of Noah and Nash (very iffy). Nash aged 10 years in only 1 year in LA-LA Land and at this point, I honestly might as well roll with Steve Blake ‘coz at least I know the latter will not get the Duncan treatment (i.e. DNP-Old).

Best value pick: James Anderson in the 11th

Worst pick: Ryan Anderson in the 4th and Nash in the 7th

Thanwan

What could have been a great draft turned comical with the Bynum pick in the 6th round and to a certain extent, the Amare pick in the 11th. But if Drew stops playing bowling and actually gets into basketball shape, who knows? Amare is another matter though since I think he is completely shot (poor Knicks, they are still on the hook for $45M for the next two years). Whatever, for some weird reason, I still like this team and I think it will finish in the upper half of this league.

Best value pick: David West in the 5th

Worst pick: Bynum in the 6th

Perth Wildcats

He missed the draft but Yahoo managed to draft a pretty decent team. However, decent only means that this team has no real strengths. A lot will also depend on when Kobe will come back or if he can return as the Black Mamba of old. Either Nick Young or Harrison Barnes (or both) must go in exchange for bigger bodies from the FA pool or else this team wont be in sniffing distance of the playoffs.

Best value pick: Calderon in the 5th

Worst pick: Joe Johnson in the 9th

Very good draft analysis ser... I would agree with the Ryan Anderson and Nash review... Lintik ang hirap ng b2b picks (16th and 1st) with only a minute separating each pick... talagang pressure cooker... I wish 2nd or 3rd pick na lang ako... KD and the enigma, James Anderson will have to do all the heavy lifting...

Also, mahirap mag focus sa draft if your watching Homeland's Morena Baccarin getting pounded at the same time.... :lol:

Edited by energysearcher

Pinkman’s Posse

For the first time in 4 or 5 years, TripleDouble was actually at the draft, although he still missed the first 5 or 6 rounds. I’m sure he wasn’t tickled pink with Yahoo’s picks of Ilyasova and Greivis Vasquez in the 5th and 6th rounds. 3D decided to go for glory with Rondo in the 7th round. Might pan out, but don’t count on it. With the injuries to Rondo and Ilyasova, 3D is in for a slow start. He will also most likely be dropping Glen Davis within the first week or so ‘coz no team can survive with 3 injured guys in the roster.

@master ajb

thanks for the review / doze of reality :D

actually, i made the pass-quez pick :D... panic mode, running out of PGs in an A/T league... and went for rondo - last thing i remember, he had a gruesome elbow injury and came back a couple of games later. dude's one tough SOB - or i'm just convincing myself of not bombing out :lol:

got DC'ed for a while, and voila, i have mcgee and hawes... well, kinda bummed out and just picked guys that imma cut eventually :lol: :lol: :lol:

slow start indeed... this team won't win the title, but it'll survive another year...

@k-ville

pakner... imma burn 80 moves around january LOL

@master ajb

thanks for the review / doze of reality :D

actually, i made the pass-quez pick :D... panic mode, running out of PGs in an A/T league... and went for rondo - last thing i remember, he had a gruesome elbow injury and came back a couple of games later. dude's one tough SOB - or i'm just convincing myself of not bombing out :lol:

got DC'ed for a while, and voila, i have mcgee and hawes... well, kinda bummed out and just picked guys that imma cut eventually :lol: :lol: :lol:

slow start indeed... this team won't win the title, but it'll survive another year...

@k-ville

pakner... imma burn 80 moves around january LOL

Ha ha, I was right about Glen Davis though. You already dropped his ass even before the start of the season. :lol:

there was no luck involved. :ninja:

whoever picked plumlee is lucky, wish i did jump on that chu chu train ride.

also thanks to the one that made analysis. will take note of your suggestions and analysis. happy playing everyone

i agree with bubuyster..

shouldve known better when we got into the last rounds.

buti na lang nandyan si pareng alec bovick, este burks. yaaaaaay! :lol: