6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, MIG bubuy, for a well-fought finals matchup!

(A bigger 'thank you' to LeBron for sitting out a couple of games. :lol: )

At least when I retire, I can say "I've won 'em all."

Of course, that's excluding dynasty leagues where I generally suck. :lol:

Cheers to all other winners this fNBA season, AJB and Papa Snitchy!

And the D-League winners too! Welcome to the Main league!

Full Baseball Mode ON!!

Congrats to Jong for winning it all! I underestimated your team from the beginning (shows you what I know, no?) Ha ha.

Congrats to Bubuy from coming all the way from the bottom and making it all the way to the finals! My prediction fell short but still, your team had an amazing run. You also had the most amazing trades (as usual).

See you next season boys!

Congrats to Jong for winning it all! I underestimated your team from the beginning (shows you what I know, no?) Ha ha.

Congrats to Bubuy from coming all the way from the bottom and making it all the way to the finals! My prediction fell short but still, your team had an amazing run. You also had the most amazing trades (as usual).

See you next season boys!

Thanks, bro!

It was a freak season for my team.

For Curry who played probably a career high in games played and won 3PTM for me every week before I dealt him away.

Melo went for the scoring title.

Kemba and Hickson had breakout seasons.

Deng was more or less healthy.

CP3 was so-so by his standards but played well when I needed him.

Pau Gasol was a gift from the waiver wire.

Then there's the Curry-for-Wall/Tristan trade that eventually made me look like a genius. :lol:

Yes, mad props should go to MIG bubuy who at about midseason was in danger of getting eliminated.

A couple of big trades and he finished the regular season with the third seed.

Curry and Melo were autopicked by Yahoo as I was late in the draft.

I should keep this little detail in mind for next season's draft. :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Announcement:

Twelve managers have also registered, including Labuyo from the D-League.

We're still waiting for energysearcher to register.

Per league rules, the bottom two finishers (kville and ChickenNuggets) will be demoted to the D-League.

However, there is a vacancy created by the retirement of jayredux.

To fill the vacancy, only one will be sent to the D-League this year and it would be the one with the worst record.

So, welcome back, kville!

Announcement:

Twelve managers have also registered, including Labuyo from the D-League.

We're still waiting for energysearcher to register.

Per league rules, the bottom two finishers (kville and ChickenNuggets) will be demoted to the D-League.

However, there is a vacancy created by the retirement of jayredux.

To fill the vacancy, only one will be sent to the D-League this year and it would be the one with the worst record.

So, welcome back, kville!

I feel somewhat guilty after a horrendous showing last season.

But from the bottom of my heart, thanks for the second chance. :)

Currently having "intense" preparations for the upcoming fNBA season.

A lot of work has to be done; knowing the competition..

• 2 weeks later...

Who are your playoff teams?: Skip2MyLou, FalseHoops, A-Team, House Stark, Team Softies, The Sexy Boys

Mananalo ng championship?: Pag may sinagot ako, sabihin nio namemersonal ako :lol:

Tatakbo sa Mediocrity Treadmill: Chocofish

Gagawa ng most moves: Black Mamba's Jock (kung-fu master)

Gagawa ng least moves: Pinkman's Posse?

With the legendary Cousin Barry (a.k.a Doc) gone, and Choco Starfish refusing to give us his usual capsule team reviews despite being saved from D-League demotion because of our kindness and generosity :lol: , I was forced to come up with my own unreliable team reviews. :lol: Pagpasensyahan nyo na, ang aangal, gumawa ng sariling team review/s. :lol:

Part 1 (ewan lang kung may Part II)

False Hoops

This is the Main League’s 9th year. And in the past 8 years, Bubuy is the only manager to have won the league title twice. Picking at the turn, False Hoops capitalized by getting LMA and Horford and Teague and Bledsoe for the first 4 rounds. Classic pg/pf-c strategy. I would have been quaking in my boots though if he had picked Ibaka over Horford ‘coz the latter would have taken care of the blocks week in and week out but hey, I'm obviously nitpicking. A shoo-in to make the playoffs and deep down inside, Bubuy knows he has a legit chance of winning his 3rd Main League title.

Pinkman’s Posse

For the first time in 4 or 5 years, TripleDouble was actually at the draft, although he still missed the first 5 or 6 rounds. I’m sure he wasn’t tickled pink with Yahoo’s picks of Ilyasova and Greivis Vasquez in the 5th and 6th rounds. 3D decided to go for glory with Rondo in the 7th round. Might pan out, but don’t count on it. With the injuries to Rondo and Ilyasova, 3D is in for a slow start. He will also most likely be dropping Glen Davis within the first week or so ‘coz no team can survive with 3 injured guys in the roster.

The Sexy Boys

He likes them big. With a frontline of Dwight, Duncan, Griffin, DeAndre, Thad Young and Alex Len, Dencio wont have a problem with big men stats. He also added Frye in the last round just to make sure. 7 guys all standing at least 6 ft 8 and he calls them sexy boys. John Wall, Wes Matthews and Reggie Jackson wont cut it for the guard rotation which is why Im guessing he will most likely cut one of his sexy big boys for a guard. This team has a lock on rebs, fg% and blocks with a chance to steal the steals cat but wont have enough 3s and obviously, assists. If he loses rebs, fg% and blocks, Dencio’s team could lose big but he also has a chance to win big against a team without solid guard stats.

Chocolate Starfish

What happened on the way to the D-League? Salvation. Choco was on his way to D-League demotion due to a dismal finish last year. But with the legendary Doc opting to leave fantasy sports to search for love (since we don’t really know the real reason, we are allowed to guess and gossip), Choco was given another chance to prove he belongs with the big boys. With a solid triple pg committee of Lillard, Parker and George Hill and a frontline of Davis, Drummond and ZBo, Choco obviously did his homework. From D-League demotion, Choco Starfish is headed for the playoffs this year.

House Stark

Last season, I did not include House Stark in my prediction of playoff-bound teams. He went on to prove me wrong by winning his first Main League title. This year, Im predicting he will win it all so that the opposite will come true. Ha ha ha. Kidding aside, with a healthy Deron Williams (and to a certain extent, Eric Gordon), this team should be right in the playoff mix although I have a feeling Jong will be looking for big men stats sooner rather than later.

LP

With CP3, Iggy, Lowry and Pau Gasol, this team will have enough dimes (and steals) to go around but frankly, I don’t know if it will have much else. The EmoBosh and Iggy picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds were head-scratchers. Im not saying both guys will be bad since I actually believe Bosh will be better this year than he was last year; I just think there were better options available at the time. If the Patrick Beverley pick pans out (and I think it will), LP could trade him for an additional big man ‘coz I don’t think Bogut will last the season.

Edited by AJBredux