Pet Lovers Anyone? - "Anong Inaalagaan Ninyo?"

us_good

Man's best friend

About 2:00pm, February 12, 2007 an old lady and a pitbull named chief were in the couch watching television. Suddenly, chief jumped and a commotion was going on. The old lady screamed so Mavic ,the grand daughter of the old lady and the wife of the pitbulls master named Marlon Fronteras, pulled her grandmother to safety. The old lady told her that there was a big cobra who was about to attack her that is why chief came to her rescue.

The commotion stopped, so Mavic went outside and turned the lights on, to her surprised, a cobra standing about 2 feet tall, expanding its neck and spitting, was going to her direction and about a meter away. Out from nowhere chief grabbed the cobra in its neck, shaking the cobra to the cobras death.

They were glad chief was there to save them. Chief was about a five year old pitbull. He was considered a member of the family. He eats, sleeps,and even bathe with the family. His relationship with his masters children was exceptional. He was also an entertainer to his masters visitors because he jumps around, sits on your lap until your legs cramps. He was also an eye catcher, head turner during dog shows because he was so big, so cute and very friendly.

After the fight, Mavic noticed that chief was shaking his head and was sort of crying. They noticed that the cobra bit him in his lower lip, they called marlon because he was still at Nestle Philippines working and they called the vet. But the vet told them it is a hopeless case because the bite mark was within his head and the venom moves like hell and what is worse is that our city has no anti- venom for this matter. Around 30 minutes after he was bitten, chief’s leg went wobbly and he was paralyzed. He has no more control of his organs, he urinated and looses bowel. He was grasping for air and panted heavily. Marlon arrived and called his pet. Call me corny,but chief gave his 2 deep breaths and died. He was fighting and saving his last ounces of breath to see a glimpse of his master for the last 2 seconds of his life.

This is what you get when you have a purely bred American pit bull terrier. A pet with a big heart, clown, an exceptional playmate for kids, a warrior, and will risk its life for his master. It is so disappointing to hear the bad image of this humble breed. It is just media hype that created the worst of the breed. Every time that a pit bull bites, they call it a monster and will be banned. But the truth is they are the people who are ignorant of the breed. They should at least get a pure pit bull first before they criticize the breed. All dogs bite. And in the Philippines, the dogs that should be banned are those dogs that are in the streets “askal” as we call it. Those dogs contribute to the ballooning statistics of dog bites and rabies.

I have a couple of dog breeds myself, from rottweilers, german shepherd , Doberman to Chihuahua. But the breed I entrusted to play with my kids is the pitbull breed. And I have a lot of pitbulls in my yard. And I am sure that my pit bulls will do the same thing to me, as chief did to his master.

To my brother in oath Mr. Marlon Fronteras and his family, my deepest sympathy and my deepest admiration for the superb relationship with your pet and to Chief, a true warrior in every sense of the word, I salute you and our hero. That is what a true pit bull made of.

truly, a dog is a man's best friend.

what a loyal pet he was.

hei guys saan b makakabili ng tarantula?.....anyone???

thanx

i have seen some species sa Teindecitas. The problem is, i am not sure if these spiders are well documented or classified.

I saw a book in National Bookstore about caring for ur pet tarantula. it is very informative. I think its a must have for every tarantula enthusiast.

peace out B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the best parin saking ang philippine rat snake yung brown, madali ma tame at for some reason nakikilala nya ako........

namamasyal kmi palage, pti nung nagaaral pako sinasama ko lagi sa skul though mga 5ft na sya nun...

snake is my bestfriend :cool:

y?

friendly, beautiful, facinating tsaka eversince nagalaga ko nun ni minsan dipako naholdap kahit sa iskwater ako pumunta they wouldnt bother... si marcuz(mangrove snake) kasi at brownie(brown ratsnake - he's with his new owner na) mahilg sumilip sa labas...pag nasa bag at bulsa ko...

We have a chihuahua couple "Santi" and "Lucie" and their five offspring: George, Dutchie, Beyonce, and two others who names escape me at the moment. Buntis na naman si "Lucie". We also have the puppies' daschund uncle "Jessie". And then an assorted number of cats, the most adventurous is the one whom our domestic staff call "Basahan".

Tapos sa fishpond, we have a lot of fish and two turtles. The big one has red eyes.