San Miguel Beer

i was able to watch the game all through out, that is the first time i saw olsen racela really fuming mad and enrage!!!! talagang susugurin nya si junthy na pinagmumura pa nya! hanggang ngayon nga di ko sya ma imagine na sa sobrang galit nya nagawa nya yun. talagang cheap shot naman yung ginawa ni junthy! binabaan nya talaga ng braso or siko si racela after the shot! tambak na sila nun, ano pa mapapala nila doon. bka instruction ni yeng kaya yon?

go SMB....andyan pa ba si ricky brown? joke lang mga sir pampapalamig ng ulo!

dude... pano ba nangyari?! akala ko sinipa sa mukha...

I really wasn't able to watch the game bec I had to leave early...

anyway... what I am more curious is why the PBA didn't sanction Junthy? I must admit sa RB team si Junthy ata pinaka tirador dyan (they don't call him "the hitman" for nothing) galing lang sumimple... you should watch him run... lumalabas siko... but going back... I know that the technical committee may review game tapes and sanction those players who were initially, able to escape sanction during the game...

BEERMEN TO MEET RED BULL FORCE WITH FORCE

“Matira na ang matibay.” – SMB head coach Chot Reyes

Tuesday, 30 January 2007

Playing physical isn't exactly San Miguel's type of game. But head coach Chot Reyes wants Red Bull counterpart Yeng Guiao and the Barakos to know that his troops won't back down when push comes to shove.

The SMB mentor made his declaration Sunday evening after the Beermen clobbered the Barakos, 109-82, in Game 3 of their best-of-seven semifinal playoff to take a 2-1 series lead.

It was a redeeming victory for the Beermen who just two nights ago allowed the Barakos to take away their dignity in the form of a 106-84 blowout in the process casting doubts on their ability to endure pressure.

"We simply allowed ourselves to be intimidated," Reyes admitted. "Game 2 was an eye opener for us."

The disappointing 22-point loss was San Miguel Beer’s most lopsided in 19 months and Reyes’ worst in almost three years.

After that Game 2 defeat, Reyes said he warned his troops they don't stand a chance against the Barakos if they could not withstand the pressure of what is likely to be a highly-physical series.

"They're not dirty. They're just physical," Reyes said of Red Bull's style of play. "And they're (Red Bull) good at that."

But San Miguel is not just any other ballclub. It's a team with a great championship tradition, the 17 championships in their trophy cabinet the most in league history. On Sunday, the Beermen showed why they are the winningest team in the PBA.

Watched by conference record crowd of 17, 875, Danny Ildefonso and Romel Adducul banged bodies and traded barbs with Red Bull's big men and Olsen Racela, Dondon Hontiveros and rookie guard L.A Tenorio repeatedly drove in traffic with reckless abandon to dominate the emotionally-charged Game 3 for the go-ahead win anew in the series.

"I guess… my players have shown what kind of stuff they're made of. They didn't back down when the going got tough. I'm so pleased with the way responded," proclaimed Reyes.

Ildefonso, who came away with 16 points and 10 rebounds, typified the Beermen's toughness by picking up two technical fouls which meant an automatic ejection early in the fourth quarter.

But even with the possibility of Ildefonso being suspended for Game 4 as result of those two “Ts,” Reyes was unfazed.

"If that's the price that we will have to pay (for being tough) we'll take it," the San Miguel coach said.

Reyes hinted the remainder of the series will no doubt be highly physical and emotional. But he said the Beermen are ready.

"We won't allow ourselves to be manhandled. From now on, when they make a stance, we will also make a stance. Matira na ang matibay," Reyes said. (DBC)

I was very surprised that chot reyes stayed with calaguio late in the game. I was not surprised at all that maybe it cost them the game. Calaguio issued a bad pass to siegle who is in to deep and wasnt expecting the pass. turnover. Minutes later, calaguio took a long three. Ill advised. They were up by five at that point and it was a long three with time in their shot clock. Red bul scored at the other end. Chot took him out after that. Too late.

sori to all calaguio fans. i am an smb fan thats why i am very disappointed. i tot it was a won game if only they were smart in the end game. calaguio is a decent player. but i guess he lacks the intensity and hustle needed in playing against team like redbul and ginebra. Chot played him too long in game 2. They simply cannot match RBulls intensity with him in the court.

sori to all calaguio fans. i am an smb fan thats why i am very disappointed. i tot it was a won game if only they were smart in the end game. calaguio is a decent player. he can be effective against other teams. but i guess he lacks the intensity and hustle needed in playing against team like redbul and ginebra. Chot played him too long in game 2. They simply cannot match RBulls intensity with him in the court.

I was very surprised that chot reyes stayed with calaguio late in the game. I was not surprised at all that maybe it cost them the game. Calaguio issued a bad pass to siegle who is in to deep and wasnt expecting the pass. turnover. Minutes later, calaguio took a long three. Ill advised. They were up by five at that point and it was a long three with time in their shot clock. Red bul scored at the other end. Chot took him out after that. Too late.

ako din! I was so disappointed with calaguio though I must admit that maybe if also not for him hindi rin makakahabol and makakalamang ang smb... I mean when RB was making its run... esp while they were using a zone defense it was calaguio who opened it up by hitting at least 2 triples... sayang lang! IMHO ang missing factor tlaga dito sa series is si lordy... parang di sya makagawa... bkit kaya?! nahihiya ba sya sa dati nyang team? he should step up and make RB miss what they gave away!!!

sayang lang... dondon had 5 fouls agad reason why coach chot had to pull him out of the game!

talo smb kay PENISsi!

titi ka talaga burat!

sabi pa ni yeng guiao, hindi daw katulad ng mga players niya sila illdefonso at adducul na NAKIKIPAGANGASAN!

kapal ng mukha nitong kamukha ni yoda na to

magsama kayo ni topex fetus robinson!

and the psy wars begin!!!

coach yeng did this to espino... remember that game?

palibhasa di makapalag si rico sa mga big boys ng smb!!!

kay Peña pa lang panis na... pano pa kaya kay Ildefonso and Adducul?

calling coach chot... better start shielding your players esp your Ildefonso and Adducul from the psy wars

it's just a style to make the said players lose their focus on the game and the series itself!

feeling ko dapat nung last play ng red bull,si danny i dapat ang pinasok at d si pena dahil he's too slow for penisi.sayang!panalo na sana.

actually... when you look at the replay it was more of the lack of communication between willie and dorian that did them in...

after the pick n roll... the defenses switched... willie was trying to recover while dorian was blocking the path to the lane... after the pass neither player didn't know who had to guard the shooter... as a result... the killer 3 by mick!

the psy war , i think, didn't work much at adducul and pena... pero the two danny's are realling getting reeled

into what guiao wants... nawawala composure nila.... sayang natalo pa... -_-

two danny's? I think si Ildefonso lang... Danny S. has been pretty steady and his usual hotheaded self :D

typical naman kasi kay Dynamite Danny to be looking for fouls and complaining sa refs...

What I don't understand is why San Miguel with 45 seconds to go and leading by 3 with ball possession would go for 3s, man they should have been more intelligent than that. Give the ball to Peña (who was having a good game) or Siegel to at least get the foul and go to the free throw line. SMB played dumb in the last minute of the game. Sayang lang lahat ng ginawa ni Tenorio and Calaguio. Nadala sila ng mga na shoot na 3s ni Tenorio and Calaguio. Better do good on friday Beermen!!!

What I don't understand is why San Miguel with 45 seconds to go and leading by 3 with ball possession would go for 3s, man they should have been more intelligent than that. Give the ball to Peña (who was having a good game) or Siegel to at least get the foul and go to the free throw line. SMB played dumb in the last minute of the game. Sayang lang lahat ng ginawa ni Tenorio and Calaguio. Nadala sila ng mga na shoot na 3s ni Tenorio and Calaguio. Better do good on friday Beermen!!!

maybe bec nag point shave ang beermen?

you can't help but wonder... just that they didn't think mick wld sink a 3pt shot...

after all they had all the chance to go up double digits but just didn't...

but that's just me... feeling ko lang smb wanted to win by 1pt