San Miguel Beer

• 2 weeks later...

Paano naging Overrated yung nanalo ng 3 All Filipino Titles in a row. If Overrated sila paano yung mga natalong teams? Garbage? :lol:

The first two games that were lost were caused by import meltdown. The game against Alaska could have gone either way. And then there is the three game streak.

Edited by Sir Galahad®
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2018 PBA Commissioner's cup

San Miguel Beer: 0 - 3

From 0 - 3 to the First Finals Seat. Not Bad.

Natawa naman ako sa comment sa kabila na nahirapan sila sa Alaska kahit walang superstar. Alaska reached second seed with Abueva playing only 5 games.

They also worked hard (read: Brownlee) even as the top two local contributors from RoS were not performing as expected. And they survived that game three.

Bakit ba yung mga napupunta dito mga para mang-asar na 0-3 or 3-4 galing GSM? Inaano ba kayo? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Sir Galahad®

Natatawa ako sa mga comments sa kabilang thread, Hambog na SMB, Hambog na Chris Ross, Hambog na Arwind Santos

It's like GSM are the good guys and SMB the bad guys.

Pero nung nag suntukan ang PHL vs AUS sa FIBA, ano sinisigaw ng mga audience. Hehehe! Ingrained na yung ganun sa team culture. Kita mo naman pati yung tatay na dati din player namato ng Silya hehe...

Pero Balik tayo sa Series na ito. What went in SMB's Favor

1. In the two wins, there was one hot hand, It was Cabagnot in game two, Ross in Game 3. GSM may have shut down Cabagnot, but it was Ross who was hot after averaging only 2.0 ppg in the first two games

2. JMF has been solid. He wasn't aggressive in game 1 although he had 13 and 12, He is now averaging 20ppg and 11.7rpg om 60% shooting after 3 games

3. CStan. Whenever I watch him it's like he's sloppy that he would lose the ball. And he would often go to his right which makes him predictable, but somehow he was effective.

4. Balkman has mellowed down from what happened in game one and was effective even from the two I think Brownlee is the more effective import.

(Oh, and to those who were complaining about Standhardinger getting into SMB, the same thing happened how Ginebra got Japeth from Air 21. Same thing how SMB Got Fajardo and GSM Got Slaughter)

Also, a loss is just a loss and a win is just a win no matter what the margin. So anything can still happen. Brownlee is still a machine. I always freeze when he throws up a three because it's almost automatic it's not funny. What makes me nervous if Slaughter, Tenorio or Devance give out solid performances like what they did against Rain or Shine because that could shift the tide in the other way.

As predicted... The things that were going for SMB to win weren't there.

1. Someone with the hot hand (maybe Arwind but wasn't dominant like Cabagnot or Ross)

2. June Mar giving out a solid performance. Although he has 15 pts and 14 rebs, he was 6 of 14 from the field. Not one of his best

3. Christian Standhardinger was out of his element today.

4. Balkman mellowed down. He wasn't hehe.

And for Ginebra to win, the three locals I expected to perform for them to win were on point... Slaughter, Tenorio and Devance.