Brian®

The Fury

First appearance:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Trademark:

Fire

Weakness:

Knives

The Fury doesn't just look like an evil astronaut, he is one. Apparently, on his way back to earth from space, he went nuts and imagined the entire world on fire. From that moment on, his life's work began. To better burn things, he joined The Boss and Cobra unit, where in spite of his all-consuming rage, he got along pretty well with the other kids. That is, until you put him out. It's a difficult fight, as more and more of the level burns. But The Fury has one awesome weakness that makes his encounter much more bearable--knives. Or more specifically, tears in his heat-resistant suit. If you equip the combat knife and slash him a few times, The Fury won't be able to bear The Heat. He'll go up in flames, and down in history.

post-31605-1186258642.jpg

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colonel Volgin

First appearance:

Turn-ons:

Boys, girls, pain

Turn-offs:

Peace

Colonel Volgin, a.k.a. Thunderbolt, is one of the best Metal Gear villains. He's completely insane, loves to hurt people, wants to have sex with everything, and has possibly the best evil laugh in a video game, ever. His body is loaded with electricity, and the guy is so tough, he can shoot bullets without a gun. Possibly the coolest move in his arsenal is a lightning strike that will hit your gun and make all the bullets in it discharge. The other slick move at his disposal is an electric strike that hits so hard, it'll knock you across the room and make you barf. In spite of these intimidating attacks, Volgin isn't hard to k*ll, but he's impossible not to like.

post-31605-1186259402.jpg

Edited by brian

The Boss

First appearance:

Trademarks:

A fem-mullet, silver jumpsuit

A.K.A.:

The Joy, Voyevoda

We saved The Boss for last. Not only was she Big Boss's hot female mentor, she was also the original bearer of the series' legendary action mullet. She's a jumble of weird contradictions: an American defector who wields a gun called "The Patriot," rides a horse, wears a colonial cape, and is dressed in a silver astronaut's suit. Meanwhile, her pupil, Naked Snake (Big Boss) swears they weren't lovers, just that they invented CQC (close quarters combat) together. That's hot. And so is your battle against her. It takes place in a beautiful field of flowers, where she hunts you with her Patriot as you slither unseen. After she's slain, you learn she was ordered to die a traitor for the United States, yet remained loyal to the end. Of all the bosses in Metal Gear, she may be The Best.

post-31605-1186259853.jpg

For me, my top 3 MGS Bosses are:

1. Solidus Snake - its a cool boss fight because you fight him with a Katana. I've beaten him in the Hard mode but not yet in the Extreme mode. When I first played MGS2: Sons of Liberty, I was surprised to learn that he was the President of the United States in the original MGS for PS1. Plus he has to have the coolest outfit of all the MGS bosses.

2. Colonel Volgin - this guy is tough! You have to fight him 4 times only to be killed by a lightning. Like what Snake said, "A fitting end." I liked this boss because he's such a badass. He also have some sick sexual appetite. :lol:

3. The Boss - to top it all, for me, she IS the best MGS Boss. She taught everything that Snake knows about survival techniques and combat. That battle setting in the white grassland was awesome. Unlike your battle with The End, there is a time constraint for you to beat, so you have to be quick & accurate.

I can't wait for MGS4. It's reason enough to buy a PS3 since it will be PS3 exclusive.

• 2 weeks later...
GC '07: Kojima Holds Court in Leipzig

Metal Gear master dishes on MGS4 bosses, teases attendees' questions about 360 ports and PS3 force feedback.

LEIPZIG, Germany--After a fleeting appearance at the E3 Media and Business summit last month, Hideo Kojima returned in force to the Games Convention. Despite having shown a lengthy presentation of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots at the series' 20th-anniversary party in Tokyo recently, the famed Metal Gear creator presented more new material to a packed audience this morning.

Kojima began his presentation by commenting on the legacy of superhuman boss characters in Metal Gear Solid games. He said that he felt compelled to create a new set of bosses for the fourth game that would top even the larger-than-life personalities of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Thus, he created the previously unveiled Beauty and the Beast Unit for MGS4, a group of four beautiful women whose minds have been destroyed by the horrors of war. The quartet has apparently chosen to work out their issues by donning animallike robot suits--similar to a wolf, an octopus, a raven, and a mantis--and making Solid Snake's life hell. Kojima then showed off the characters in a new trailer released here at Games Convention.

After the trailer, Kojima talked about his use of actresses and models after whom the four battle-scarred women in the game are modeled. Japanese actress Yumi Kikuchi, the inspiration for one of the members of the Beauty and the Beast Unit, joined Kojima on stage and gave a token greeting and thanks to the city of Leipzig. Then Kojima presented a brief video showing some footage of Kikuchi and others, such as blonde model Lyndall Jarvis, being scanned facially so their likenesses could be incorporated into the game.

Following the presentation of the Beauty and the Beast trailer, Kojima engaged a short Q&A session that provided little hard information but a number of laughs from the crowd. When asked whether the recently unveiled Metal Gear Online would be included in MGS4 or released as a separate SKU (or retail item), Kojima and other Konami reps indicated that at least some aspect of MGO's gameplay would appear as an online mode in MGS4. However, the final plans for the eventual release of Metal Gear Online have yet to be decided. He also confirmed that boss characters from some past Metal Gear games will appear as playable characters in MGO.

A savvy member of the audience quickly asked about the status of an Xbox 360 port of MGS4, a question which producer Ken Imaizumi addressed directly in English. He stated that Konami has no plan for an Xbox 360 version of the game, then paused, and added a sly "for now." This elicited much laughter and groaning from the audience. Another attendee asked if MGS4 will support controller rumble, to which Imaizumi said "We wish we could. Let's see what's gonna happen." Kojima followed this up by describing the "rumble guy," the member of Kojima productions whose job it is to make smart use of force feedback. Lately, Kojima said, he's become worried that the rumble guy has nothing to do, and he hopes that he can give said fellow more tasks in the near future.

post-31605-1187988199.jpg

I like the MGS4 T-shirt. :D

This is a very good reason for me to get a PS3. This can't be ported to the Xbox360. :P

• 2 weeks later...

:ninja:

from wiki:

the beauty and the beast unit

Four new characters are also introduced: Screaming Mantis, Laughing Octopus, Raging Raven, and Crying Wolf, of The Beauty and the Beast Unit. Their animal names openly reference characters from the original Metal Gear Solid. All four of them are women who suffer from posttraumatic stress disorder. The only way they could cope with the damage done to their minds was to become war machines. Their inner human side is referred to as "Beauty", while their outer appearance is referred to as "Beast". The character Screaming Mantis has two marionettes on two of her four robot arms; a closer inspection reveals that they are Psycho Mantis and The Sorrow. The members' body contours are derived from four real life models: Lyndall Jarvis, Scarlett Chorvat, Mieko Rye, and Yumi Kikuchi. The English voice acting for the characters is done by having the female voice actors perform the lines, while a male voice actor (Fred Tatasciore) over dubs the female performance, creating the split voices effect that the characters have.

post-75904-1188838759.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guys have you tried MGS online? Gagana ba ito sa pirated PS2 game? Has anyone tried this experience?

I haven't tried it. I think hindi rin ganon karami ang naglaro online nun kasi mas sikat ang XboxLive that time.

:ninja:

ang alam kong MGSO sa ps3 yun eh....i'm not sure....

MGS3: Subsistence yung sinasabi nya ata. Though meron din lalabas na MGSO sa PS3 talaga after ng MGS4.

Metal Gear Solid 4: The Tokyo Game Show Experience

Hands-on with Metal Gear Solid 4 at the Tokyo Game Show

For the typical game at TGS. a booth staff member will lead you to the game controller for your chance to play for up to 10 minutes. For Metal Gear Solid 4, Konami's flagship title, you get far more than just a few minutes in front of a random display.

After waiting in line for 30 minutes (while being entertained by booth babes offering a chance to play more Metal Gear Solid on their PSPs), a group of roughly 20 attendees were brought into a theater where a Japanese man dressed as Colonel Cambell and two others dressed in United States army fatigues were waiting for us.

What followed was a mission briefing-like presentation, "Operation Intrude 2007." One of the soldiers and the Japanese Colonel Cambell provided a walkthrough of the basic controls for Metal Gear Solid 4.

Mid-way through the presentation, alarms begin to blare and warning lights flash as the soldiers leap to action. There's a spy within the group and he's transmitting mission secrets! Once the soldiers figure out who the spy is -- someone sitting among us and likely a part of the act. He is literally held at gunpoint, taken to the back room away from our sight and "shot," complete with gun shot sounds and death scream. But it's not over yet! We're still under attack! Suddenly the room starts filling with smoke and the 20 of us are sent off to the game test machines where we got our 20 minutes of uninterupted hands-on game play.

As is fairly well known you play as Old Snake (and it literally says Old Snake above your energy bar as you play). As a veteran of the previous three Metal Gear Solid games one change to the game play mechanics I noticed right away was you do not instantly put your back up against the wall when you push the directional pad in the direction of a wall. Instead, the option to press triangle button comes up, and if you do press the button, your sneaking suit takes on the same pattern as the wall you are leaning against similar to a chameleon. You are provided with a camouflage percentage, the higher the number the more difficult it is to spot you. Overall the other game play mechanics are similar to previous Metal Gears -- the use of rations for healing, the interface for switching items and weapons, and the emphasis on stealth over brute force.

Even with the 20 minutes of straight game play, it seemed nearly impossible to venture any further than what has already been seen in the trailers released on the web and the PlayStation Network. The only thing new for those who have kept up with all the released media is confirmation that the game's controls are still razor sharp.

--DailyTech

post-31605-1190410936.jpg

I hope in the future magkaroon din dito sa atin ng mga Game Conventions like these. Of course the Booth Babes included. :D

Edited by brian
I haven't tried it. I think hindi rin ganon karami ang naglaro online nun kasi mas sikat ang XboxLive that time.

MGS3: Subsistence yung sinasabi nya ata. Though meron din lalabas na MGSO sa PS3 talaga after ng MGS4.

Yes I was talking about MGS3. I was curious kung nalalaro dito sa pinas yung online games ng PS2 (any online games) using pirated discs? I would want to try sana kaso ayoko muna bumili ng ethernet adapter sa PS2 baka hind rin pala gumana.

Yes I was talking about MGS3. I was curious kung nalalaro dito sa pinas yung online games ng PS2 (any online games) using pirated discs? I would want to try sana kaso ayoko muna bumili ng ethernet adapter sa PS2 baka hind rin pala gumana.

Hmm...wala pa din akong kilala na naka-try na mag-laro online gamit ang pirated discs. Sa XboxLive kasi nade-detect nila kapag pirated yung copy mo at kapag modded ang console mo.

Well thats all fun and Dandy pero meron ba sa inyo kahit isa na nakalaro na ng MGS4? umm I know im oing noob on this pero na release na ba un?

Well ako hindi pa. :lol:

Merong demo sa Tokyo Game Show, pwede mo laruin for 10mins. At may rumor na ire-release yung demo for download sa Playstation Network so yung mga may PS3 at may broadband could play it for sure pag ni-release yung demo.

Hindi pa. Next 2008, kasabay ata ng DMC4.

Hmm...wala pa din akong kilala na naka-try na mag-laro online gamit ang pirated discs. Sa XboxLive kasi nade-detect nila kapag pirated yung copy mo at kapag modded ang console mo.

Oh man! Sayang naman if I tried it out and di rin gagana. Ayoko naman bumili ng ethernet adapter sa PS2 ko kung wala rin. Wawa naman ang pinas.

• 1 month later...

...hmmm, hiwalay ba yung MGS:O sa MGS4? o bundled na? lam ko in beta testing sa ngayon ang MGS:O...waaah, sana meron din nun dito...i mean, may online community...tapos laro MGS:O....'stig yun!....haaay :(

...wait mode muna sa MGS:4...