• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Filipino Habit That You Hate

Guest airmax

1. Laging late.

2. Hindi alam kung kelan hindi dapat makisama. Kahit sa masama, nakikisama.

3. Hindi marunong gumamit ng kalsada - ang mga driver - bastos, mga pedestrian - tanga.

4. Gustong laging nakakalamang - kahit sa anong bagay. "Wala ka sa lolo ko..."

5. Laging pasikat - maghahanda nang marami pag pyesta kahit walang pera.

passiveness

its always "pwede na yan!"

i dont think they voice out their opinions enough.

also, it seems like kids are not really encouraged to take a stand on anything either. when kids say a smart comment, their parents always say "pilosopo ka a!" without paying attention to the point their child just made. so, kids think they CANT ever come up with anything valid. we'd make better lawyers if filipinos were less submissive and passive...

• 2 weeks later...

Magagaling ang Pinoy kapag nakatalikod at maraming kasama pero kapag kaharap ang kalaban at nag-iisa, umuurong.

Kahit saan bansa, pure bread pinoy ay mayayabang, ewan ko ba? Not to downgrade those from the South pero naku kung umasta sila, akala mo, sa kanila ang host country nila, bagamat only few lang naman. Mind you, mother ko from Ormoc City, Leite.

i dont know how you call this... yung pag nasa ibang bansa you care so much about their rules specially sa pagkakalat napaka ingat nila specially pag strict rules tapos as soon as they reach manila or pinas ayun balik na sa tapon dito tapon dun. im guilty of it din hehehe umamin pero now hindi na :online2long:

passiveness

its always "pwede na yan!"

i dont think they voice out their opinions enough.

also, it seems like kids are not really encouraged to take a stand on anything either. when kids say a smart comment, their parents always say "pilosopo ka a!" without paying attention to the point their child just made. so, kids think they CANT ever come up with anything valid. we'd make better lawyers if filipinos were less submissive and passive...

Hay naku sinabi mo shodandille.

I do most of the hiring in the company I work. One criteria I watch out for is the ability to speak. Needless to say, everyone I hired is quite articulate and opinionated. That is, until you put them all together in one room and try to get a discussion going. Lo and behold, everyone clams up and keeps to him/herself...which I think is a typical pinoy ugali na not wanting to speak up lest he/she be misconstrued as a showoff. We are always "nahihiya". Modesty is a virtue, but there are times we take it to extremes.

• 2 weeks later...