Where Are Your Ex's Now? Do They Still Affect You?

Guest foxtrotbravo
This is my way of releasing the anger, brother... :hypocritesmiley:

yeah, i can see that.

talking about it is good catharsis, too! ^_^

Ex 1. Complaining unceasingly about his cc job at the business district

Ex 2. In Europe, working in an accounting firm

Ex 3. A friend at friendster, having the time of his life at the huge computer company

Ex 4. Around, still stuck with a "jolalay"- who is consistent in scattering her yucky being all over the internet-dom :boo:

Updated huh ;)

This is taken straight from my blog, so bear with me, it's kinda long or if it looks like I'm just posting it here to grab attention. Just wanna share this with you guys. Somethimes being mad at your ex has repercussions that you'll regret in the end...

I just found out a few days ago that the girl I was madly in love with in college was dead. In a car accident... that happened 3 years ago. She was the first girl I fell for, and I fell for her HARD. I Sacrificed every single shred of self for her. It didn't matter to me if it cost my own dignity or self-respect, or what anyone else thought about the matter, if she smiled at the end of it and she was happy I would gladly do it. But what I thought was a mutual feeling the both of us, she on the other hand, waned. But I guess she'd growned accustomed to having me at her beck and call, 24/7, that she kept me on the perpetual carrot-on-a-stick situation. She would lead me on and play with my feelings for her. She knew I loved her more than anything in the world at that time, and she did her best to exploit it. After showing inticimacy with me, for example, she would talk about another guy she was seeing or worse, invite him along when I offered to take her out to dinner. She knew how much she was hurting me, and she relished the pained look in my eyes each time she did that. I've tried to talk to her about it, to tell her how I felt, but she kept doing it anyway. It went on for the better part of a few more years after college, until I woke up one morning and told myself she wasn't worth all this heartache and pain. I decided to quit her cold turkey. When she called, I told anyone else in the house to answer it and tell her I was gone. When she sent messages to my phone or tried to chat with me, I didn't reply and went invisible. Eventually the messages and calls trickled to a stop, and I took a good hard look at the broken glass window my life has become because of what she's done to me. I remember praying to God to make her feel the same pain I felt during that time as I cried myself to sleep each night.

I have to confess, that relationship with her jaded me towards any of the other girls that followed. I realize now, I hated her so much, I was inadvertantly trying to get back at her through the others. I'm not justifying that, I know it was wrong. Although they had the best intentions for me, it was the trauma I suffered that caused me to build thick walls between me and them. No matter how hard they tried to reach me, to make me open up to them, to communicate, I built more walls, became more isolated, and I refused to meet them halfway. It didn't matter that they loved me, the only thing that mattered was that I would never let another girl hurt me that way again. Suffice it to say that it took a while before I was able to truely care about anyone but myself again. Once my exes, and yes even my girlfriend right now on occasion, learned the reason why I was acting distant or cold at times, they try to understand and do the best they can to help me through it. I am so thankful for that, and if any of them are reading this right now, I want them to know how grateful I am that they did that.

Flash forward to a few nights ago, I was talking to a college friend I haven't talked to in some while. It just so happened that she was also a close friend of her as well, so I asked her how so-and-so was. I expected the usual married, 2 beautiful kids, house in the suburbs story, but nothing could have prepared me for what I learned next. After I left her best friend's life, she progressively got worse to say the least. She was learning to smoke cigarettes and weed when I gave up (I tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen to me, occasionally she would lash out at me because of it), but right at the end of her life she was into cocaine, extasy, and other deadly, chemical substances. Her mother basically fell in love with a poser/loser, and they suffered alot of financial problems because of that. On top of that her father, which she's never known and only recently came back into her life, tried to rape her as well. One bad relationship after the other, and add in street trash "friends" who couldn't get a job to save their lives and only relied on their rich families to get them by, and it had to come sooner or later. They were heading home from Tagaytay Highlands, her boyfriend high on drugs and piss drunk, flooring the pedal. There were five of them in the wreck. What's ironic is her boyfriend lived, I bet he's suffering bouts of heartache between his drug-induced dreams and wild parties right now. She wasn't as fortunate, she was severely hurt and commatose. After 5 or 6 months of not responding to treatments, her family decided to pull the plug. I heard about her being in an accident and that she was in the hospital a few years back, but I hated her so much I didn't care. I myself was just recovering from a deadly case of dengue (doctors said I was going to die... yes it was that bad) and she never bothered ot visit me... so I reasoned, why would I visit her?

Well, now I'm thinking about all that's happened, and I can't help but think that Revenge, if this is what you can call it isn't as sweet as I imagined it would be all those years ago. After everything's said and done, the only thing I keep thinking about is how I wished I was there before she died. How I could probobly helped with some of the problems she was going through, be it financial or otherwise. How I just stuck in there longer, things wouldn't have turned out the way it has. One song keeps playing in my head and I'd just like to post it for everyone to read it. Cha, this song's for you, wherever you are. Even through the hate and pain, I wish you well...

DIG

Incubus

We All Have A Weakness

But Some Of Ours Are Easier To Identify. Look Me In The Eye

And Ask For Forgiveness;

We'll Make A Pact To Never Speak That Word Again

Yes You Are My Friend.

We All Have Something That Digs At Us,

At Least We Dig Each Other

So When Weakenss Turns My Ego Up

I Know You'll Count On The Me From Yesterday

If I Turn Into Another

Dig Me Up From Under What Is Covering

The Better Part Of Me

Sing This Song

Remind Me That We'll Always Have Each Other

When Everything Else Is Gone.

We All Have A Sickness

That Cleverly Attaches And Multiplies

No Matter How Hard We Try.

So When Sickness Turns My Ego Up

I Know You'll Act As A Clever Medicine.

If I Turn Into Another

The Better Part Of Me.

Sing This Song!

Oh Each Other....

When Everything

Else Is Gone.

This is taken straight from my blog, so bear with me, it's kinda long or if it looks like I'm just posting it here to grab attention. Just wanna share this with you guys. Somethimes being mad at your ex has repercussions that you'll regret in the end...

I just found out a few days ago that the girl I was madly in love with in college was dead. In a car accident... that happened 3 years ago. She was the first girl I fell for, and I fell for her HARD. I Sacrificed every single shred of self for her. It didn't matter to me if it cost my own dignity or self-respect, or what anyone else thought about the matter, if she smiled at the end of it and she was happy I would gladly do it. But what I thought was a mutual feeling the both of us, she on the other hand, waned. But I guess she'd growned accustomed to having me at her beck and call, 24/7, that she kept me on the perpetual carrot-on-a-stick situation. She would lead me on and play with my feelings for her. She knew I loved her more than anything in the world at that time, and she did her best to exploit it. After showing inticimacy with me, for example, she would talk about another guy she was seeing or worse, invite him along when I offered to take her out to dinner. She knew how much she was hurting me, and she relished the pained look in my eyes each time she did that. I've tried to talk to her about it, to tell her how I felt, but she kept doing it anyway. It went on for the better part of a few more years after college, until I woke up one morning and told myself she wasn't worth all this heartache and pain. I decided to quit her cold turkey. When she called, I told anyone else in the house to answer it and tell her I was gone. When she sent messages to my phone or tried to chat with me, I didn't reply and went invisible. Eventually the messages and calls trickled to a stop, and I took a good hard look at the broken glass window my life has become because of what she's done to me. I remember praying to God to make her feel the same pain I felt during that time as I cried myself to sleep each night.

I have to confess, that relationship with her jaded me towards any of the other girls that followed. I realize now, I hated her so much, I was inadvertantly trying to get back at her through the others. I'm not justifying that, I know it was wrong. Although they had the best intentions for me, it was the trauma I suffered that caused me to build thick walls between me and them. No matter how hard they tried to reach me, to make me open up to them, to communicate, I built more walls, became more isolated, and I refused to meet them halfway. It didn't matter that they loved me, the only thing that mattered was that I would never let another girl hurt me that way again. Suffice it to say that it took a while before I was able to truely care about anyone but myself again. Once my exes, and yes even my girlfriend right now on occasion, learned the reason why I was acting distant or cold at times, they try to understand and do the best they can to help me through it. I am so thankful for that, and if any of them are reading this right now, I want them to know how grateful I am that they did that.

Flash forward to a few nights ago, I was talking to a college friend I haven't talked to in some while. It just so happened that she was also a close friend of her as well, so I asked her how so-and-so was. I expected the usual married, 2 beautiful kids, house in the suburbs story, but nothing could have prepared me for what I learned next. After I left her best friend's life, she progressively got worse to say the least. She was learning to smoke cigarettes and weed when I gave up (I tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen to me, occasionally she would lash out at me because of it), but right at the end of her life she was into cocaine, extasy, and other deadly, chemical substances. Her mother basically fell in love with a poser/loser, and they suffered alot of financial problems because of that. On top of that her father, which she's never known and only recently came back into her life, tried to rape her as well. One bad relationship after the other, and add in street trash "friends" who couldn't get a job to save their lives and only relied on their rich families to get them by, and it had to come sooner or later. They were heading home from Tagaytay Highlands, her boyfriend high on drugs and piss drunk, flooring the pedal. There were five of them in the wreck. What's ironic is her boyfriend lived, I bet he's suffering bouts of heartache between his drug-induced dreams and wild parties right now. She wasn't as fortunate, she was severely hurt and commatose. After 5 or 6 months of not responding to treatments, her family decided to pull the plug. I heard about her being in an accident and that she was in the hospital a few years back, but I hated her so much I didn't care. I myself was just recovering from a deadly case of dengue (doctors said I was going to die... yes it was that bad) and she never bothered ot visit me... so I reasoned, why would I visit her?

Well, now I'm thinking about all that's happened, and I can't help but think that Revenge, if this is what you can call it isn't as sweet as I imagined it would be all those years ago. After everything's said and done, the only thing I keep thinking about is how I wished I was there before she died. How I could probobly helped with some of the problems she was going through, be it financial or otherwise. How I just stuck in there longer, things wouldn't have turned out the way it has. One song keeps playing in my head and I'd just like to post it for everyone to read it. Cha, this song's for you, wherever you are. Even through the hate and pain, I wish you well...

DIG

Incubus

We All Have A Weakness

But Some Of Ours Are Easier To Identify. Look Me In The Eye

And Ask For Forgiveness;

We'll Make A Pact To Never Speak That Word Again

Yes You Are My Friend.

So When Weakenss Turns My Ego Up

I Know You'll Count On The Me From Yesterday

If I Turn Into Another

The Better Part Of Me

Sing This Song

We All Have A Sickness

That Cleverly Attaches And Multiplies

No Matter How Hard We Try.

So When Sickness Turns My Ego Up

I Know You'll Act As A Clever Medicine.

If I Turn Into Another

The Better Part Of Me.

Sing This Song!

Oh Each Other....

When Everything

Else Is Gone.

.................deeply touched....thanks for sharing.....