• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Philippine/filipino References In A Foreign Movie

Leverage (TV series)

Season 4 episode 2

Parker (Thief): this place reminds me of my first grab of some lady's house in the Philippines, its like a palace. She's all this shoes.

An obvious reference to I.R.M.?

Remember that the executive producer of the series is half-Pinoy Dean Devlin (co-producer, ID4 & Godzilla)

• 1 month later...

filming of apocalypse took 3 years in the philippines because it was interrupted because the cast and crew suffered from malaria. accounts say its because of karma. the production bought all unclaimed bodies from funeral homes in laguna and hanged them to decorate the set of the camp of Col Kurtz (Marlon Brando). aside from the contract dispute between Brando and the director Coppolla. another account says that they rented all PAF choppers which are only few and they had to source out from private owners. in the morning they will paint it with USAF for the shooting and in the afternoon they will paint it back to AFP.

source: my tito who lives in laguna. he now stays at the set that the production built that eventually became a community.

"7. Apocalypse Now - This is a 1979 war movie by Francis Ford Coppola. It was shot in Baler, Quezon and Pagsanjan, Laguna. The filming and scouting of locations were done around 1974 up to 1977.

Cheap labor and the existing American military bases at that time are the primary reasons why the producer chose to film this in our country instead of Australia.

The actors are Martin Sheen, Marlon Brando, Harrison Ford, Robert Duvall, Albert Hall, Frederic Forrest, Sam Buttons and Laurence Fishburne."

• 4 weeks later...