• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Guys, I lost $4K today or Php200K. This is the equivalent of 1 month's worth of trading gain slayed in 1 day. Brutal? Yes.

BUT, I am happy. :D Coz you know what that means? Yessir, Discounts Galore.

Namiss ko na itong Discounts. This is really where I earn. Buying at cheaper prices.

As always, I will document here how I recover that $4K loss in the hope of curing guys who have fear of losing money in stocks.

The plan is simple: Buy more when discounts are high.

Cheers!

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Guys here is the loss of $4.2K in one day.

From 38.7.

XxjpjVF.jpg

To 34.5

9KBTZyq.jpg

Yehey!! Celebration! Celebration! :lol: :lol: Remember our philoshopy! We look at losses at happier times in long-term investing because it is opportunity to buy low. Anytime you get a chance to buy low is a big boost to your future eanings.

And as it just so happens, today is paycheck day for me so give me the Discounts! :ninja:

Patuloy pa rin Discounts today guys.

So my total loss so far went up to -$5.8K from yesterday's -$4.2K.

But with some selling of good performing stocks and buying of cheapened stocks, IF the market goes back up to its highest point today, not only will I gain all -$5.8K losses BUT I will also GAIN +$4.0K.

So every day na tumatagal itong pag recover, the more my GAIN will increase kasi the more opportunity to buy at cheaper prices.

Let the GOOD TIMES ROLL!! :lol: :lol:

Just to put things in context, my biggest loss was during the 2009 armageddon where I lost $30K or Php1.5 Million within 1.5 year, representing 40% of my savings at the time.

I was depressed because it ate up my money for downpayment for the house I am going to buy that year. I thought with the market already down big, if I put my "saved downpayment" money into stock, I could earn some from it. Little did I know it was an armageddon year and stocks were just going down every day, week, month.

Just this year, I lost $25K within 1.5 months (!) due to Covid pandemic from Feb-Mar.

Having experioed big losses like that AND knowing that I recovered all of it over time makes me this kind of investor I am today.

Buy and buy. You only start selling when you age to 55 and it is a gradual sell of say, 10% a year of your portfolio until it is down to say 40% stocks 60% cash.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

My losses now -$7.1K.

I tried to be conservative a bit and now I am looking at just about +$1.7K GAIN pag bawi ng market. :)

I call this phase as Market Irritation. Nakaka-irita kasi. LOL. It's that phase where malaki lugi mo bigla. :)

Wait lang nating settling down OR if it continues to slide down, then buy some more.

Market closed and I was able to trim my losses from -$7.1K to -$4.4K.

If the market recovers back to its high point, I would recover all losses plus a gain of +$2.2K. B)

Basically my foreign stocks and gold went up and covered some of the drop from US stocks and bonds. Well, as the stocks were getting decimated, I went and bought some more at discounted rates! That is why I see a gain of +$2.2K when all these go back to full recovery. Pretty cool right? ;)

Now you know why I prefer stocks to go down. LOL.

Like I said, there are only 2 emotions to investing. Happy when it goes up, and Happier when it goes down. :lol: :lol:

Sweldo na sa Viernes mga tsong at tsang! Woohoo. ^_^

Shopping time with Big Discounts! 2 tulog na lang.

Nakakainggit sa Pinas, super ang discounts ninyo dyan. Do you know I prefer investing there? Kasi the longer the time it takes to recover back to previous high, the more one can gain.

Kaya I invest also sa Pinas stock market as part of my international funds.

Non-Retirement

For 2H of the Year

My profit goal this year is $770 per week.

10 weeks so far this 2H of year so $770 x 10 = $7.7K Target Profit YTD

Actual 10 weeks 2H YTD Profit = -$1.1K.

Analysis: -$1.1K NOT > $7.7K

Conclusion: MRS NOT Beating the Target :lol:

Non-Retirement

My 2020 Scoreboard as of 20200908:

Year-to-Date gain of $28.9K or Php1.44M. :wub: :wub:

Non-Retirement

My 2020 Scoreboard as of 20200913:

Year-to-Date gain of $29.1K or Php1.45M. :wub: :wub:

I am introducing this - my projected profit when market fully recovers The analysis is,

the longer the down - the larger the gain :D

the bigger the down - the larger the gain :D

Current drop: 8.5%

Projected Gain at full recovery: $2.6K B)

Edited by MRROUGHSEX