I like the idea of penny stock.. pero katakot pa rin... I still do my studies and see the result.

Is AmiBroker really that good?

thanks!

Don't get me wrong, I buy penny stocks - but that previous statement "always get penny stocks..." should be qualified.

Amibroker as a data processor is very nice - filters, indicators, etc. But it's up to us on how we'd interpret those data. I'm still learning the market, with the help of this Amibroker software :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how about BPI Trade, any good?

for me, they have different pros/cons

COL - Pros: 1. Established. 2. Has EIP (for buy and hold strat, averaging entries) 3. Stores broker historical data (eg if you want to see what Deutsche bank purchased and sold for the past 6 months)

Cons: 1. System has stability issues primarily because of the number of subscribers (especially during the times wherein the market's very active)

BPI Trade - Pro: 1. Convenience of transferring money (transferring from BPI online acct to BPI trade acct)

Con: 1. System has stability issues although it has improved over the past few months.

Wealthsec - platform is just similar to BPI Trade (minus the money transferring convenience)

Maketrade - Pros: 1. Faster transactions 2. Great charting (ichimoku, intraday charts, etc). 3. Very nice feel of the platform

Con: 1. Doesn't show the actual running balance as it doesn't include the SCCP fees, commissions in your real time portfolio.

Others that have online platforms that I haven't personally seen yet are: Unicapital, RCBC, First Metro, Timson. Marami pa atang iba.

Imho, Maketrade has the best platform if you want to trade. COL has that EIP functionality if you want to buy regularly in chunks.

Lol! It's not that. In a way turtle trader din ako, I kind of diversify (eg I dont risk 30% of my overall capital in 1 stock). It's just that I've come across "turtle traders" in trading books; I didnt expect that I'd chance upon that term in mtc :P

A pleasant surprise though

for me, they have different pros/cons

COL - Pros: 1. Established. 2. Has EIP (for buy and hold strat, averaging entries) 3. Stores broker historical data (eg if you want to see what Deutsche bank purchased and sold for the past 6 months)

Cons: 1. System has stability issues primarily because of the number of subscribers (especially during the times wherein the market's very active)

BPI Trade - Pro: 1. Convenience of transferring money (transferring from BPI online acct to BPI trade acct)

Con: 1. System has stability issues although it has improved over the past few months.

Wealthsec - platform is just similar to BPI Trade (minus the money transferring convenience)

Maketrade - Pros: 1. Faster transactions 2. Great charting (ichimoku, intraday charts, etc). 3. Very nice feel of the platform

Con: 1. Doesn't show the actual running balance as it doesn't include the SCCP fees, commissions in your real time portfolio.

Others that have online platforms that I haven't personally seen yet are: Unicapital, RCBC, First Metro, Timson. Marami pa atang iba.

Imho, Maketrade has the best platform if you want to trade. COL has that EIP functionality if you want to buy regularly in chunks.

What do you mean by EIP?

• 2 weeks later...