• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

I would like to enter the stock market but i have little to no experience in it. But i do have skills in predicting trends because of my profession (i predicted the stocks trend of US during both presidential elections)

my question is this.

what is the general behavior of the stocks before and after Christmas season? (it sound weird but i have to have a baseline on the behavior, if it follows what my known industry does). does it go up before christmas and down after christmas?

I would like to enter the stock market but i have little to no experience in it. But i do have skills in predicting trends because of my profession (i predicted the stocks trend of US during both presidential elections)

my question is this.

what is the general behavior of the stocks before and after Christmas season? (it sound weird but i have to have a baseline on the behavior, if it follows what my known industry does). does it go up before christmas and down after christmas?

the general trend is it goes up in december ... should be higher after christmas due to year-end window dressing activities

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How the stock market issues move is a mirror of the country's economy in general.

Specific issues move depending on outlook of the particular industry and how well the listed company is managed.

To be a good investor in the stock market, you need to be familiar with balance sheet, income statement and basically in the subjects most people are not interested in, accounting and economics.

Fair value is a function of interest rate and outlook on growth.

The stock market will almost always end up being overvalued or under valued. In a very flat market, it may settle at what is perceived, repeat perceived as fair value.

No one is more correct about the price or value of the listed company, than what the market dictates, ie the price of the stock.

Takes time and lots of reading to be a good investor Takes even a longer time to be a good trader.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There are 2 kinds of players in the stock market

1. Investors

2. Traders

Investors are people who buy stocks and hold it for number of years. They buy equities based on fundamentals of the companies. These companies has a known products and even if the market is bearish they tend to appreciate in prices. But not all blue chips companies perform good in stocks there are times that these companies price go down and there are times that it shoot up. But the good thing is if you are a long term investors you will reap the profit once you exit.

Traders are people who monitor the stocks everyday they buy stocks based on fundamentals and technical analysis. These people are skilled in predicting where the price of a certain stocks will go up or down and they make decisions based on their analysis. They buy and they sell for a short period of time depending on the trend they see. But most of them are sentimental so they tend to sell their stocks to cut loses but some take profits.