As an insider, SMC will have a hard time challenging the TELCO giants.... unless they roll out their own back bone networks... and this will incur a lot of costs...

SMC already has investment in backbone infra for WiTribe. Add to this Telsta's pre-existing local infra (through their buyout of PacNet). So investment-wise, it may not be that big, but I imagine that it would still be substantial to put up the required cell sites. Considering that PLDT/Smart and Globe earn billions of pesos in revenue, the incentive to invest is there.

anyone buying PXP and why?

SMC - can someone verify that they are going TELCO even without Telstra?

PXP reported bad earnings Friday, I haven't checked the PSE site though. It is a buy on dips if you are anticipating a bounce in oil. speculative play, but i like PXP better than PNX. PNX is "heavier".

SMC is definitely going telco, it will be under the name bell telecom. They badly need a partner though, and it will be kinda hard to get one, magulang si RSA eh, hahahaha.

I sold PX on 14% gains bought MWC instead which gives me a better position (Confirm strong uptrend and tech indicators). Nevertheless will still keep an eye on PXP once it confirms uptrend.

SMC at 5% gains , still waiting for strong uptrend signal.

Thank you all for the info. Happy trading/investing! all the best to all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

MVP was candid enough to discuss the decline in earnings of PLDT due to structural changes in the revenue mix of the company, cutting its core income (yung walang one-time gains) to lower levels compared to previous years. Yung expectation ay lesser dividends in the next few years as reinvestments will have to happen since PLDT has to focus on the shift to the digital age. MVP's message for me is to temper shareholder expectations, as they are used to strong dividends in the past years. The digital shift continues to hurt the company’s already weak topline, but on the long-term, this will be good for the company.

Timing na lang sa pagbili ng PLDT stocks, and I will take a long-term view on this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Is DoubleDragon a good IPO buy?

in January or Feb, you could've made a fortune kasi nagunstoppable bull run siya from Feb from 20s to 38.80 (almost double your Money right there bruh) right now. Right now DD is stuck in a consolidation Phase and is testing the support at 38.60. If it breaks, wait for it to bottom out then buy. if the suppport holds, DD is still bullish so you can buy. DD has solid fundamentals so it has a low risk of totally bottoming out (but be careful, always use your logic with the help of technical and fundamental Analysis).

Soooo, what do you guys think will happen to the bull run by the PSEi right now? Will it continue or will it hit the wall? Ano mauuna, 7800 o 6400? Abangan ang susunod na kabanata.

• Like (+1) 1

MVP was candid enough to discuss the decline in earnings of PLDT due to structural changes in the revenue mix of the company, cutting its core income (yung walang one-time gains) to lower levels compared to previous years. Yung expectation ay lesser dividends in the next few years as reinvestments will have to happen since PLDT has to focus on the shift to the digital age. MVP's message for me is to temper shareholder expectations, as they are used to strong dividends in the past years. The digital shift continues to hurt the company’s already weak topline, but on the long-term, this will be good for the company.

Timing na lang sa pagbili ng PLDT stocks, and I will take a long-term view on this.

MVP has such strong influence, that only mere days after bottoming out, PLDT got back to the 1900s. One of the few time na makaka"tsupit" ka using PLDT. Insider info on PLDT suggests that the shift will be a Long process and the Price may not move much, pero as you've said, PLDT Players are mostly reliant on the dividends to be strong and not the Price Action of the stock. I wouldn't say na good buy ang PLDT right now, it was when it bottomed out at 1700, pero right now, with weak dividends and Price Action being slow, not for me. I prefer short to medium term stock Investments.

SMC already has investment in backbone infra for WiTribe. Add to this Telsta's pre-existing local infra (through their buyout of PacNet). So investment-wise, it may not be that big, but I imagine that it would still be substantial to put up the required cell sites. Considering that PLDT/Smart and Globe earn billions of pesos in revenue, the incentive to invest is there.

This is true, SMC's ace is their infrastructure of WiTribe and truth be told, PLDT/SMART and GLOBE are still "renting" this from SMC. On Topic though, watch out for the buy signals from SMC and LIB.

This is true, SMC's ace is their infrastructure of WiTribe and truth be told, PLDT/SMART and GLOBE are still "renting" this from SMC. On Topic though, watch out for the buy signals from SMC and LIB.

Telstra backed out na earlier this month. Maybe SMC and LIB are in talks with other foreign telcos.

Last na

WTF is up with These basura stocks topping out in the past few days? I mean 2-4 days consecutive 50% days!!! May alam ba sila na Hindi natin alam?

If you can, check out who has been buying up these stocks.

Edited by nwebe

Telstra backed out na earlier this month. Maybe SMC and LIB are in talks with other foreign telcos.

If you can, check out who has been buying up these stocks.

SMC is pushing through without a Partner for now. Good luck sa kanya.

That's the thing, walang big buyers like what happened with the meteoric rise of DAVIN and SB Securities, wala ring volume. tumaas lang Yung presyo. IMP lang yung medyo convincing hahaha hassle

SMC is pushing through without a Partner for now. Good luck sa kanya.

That's the thing, walang big buyers like what happened with the meteoric rise of DAVIN and SB Securities, wala ring volume. tumaas lang Yung presyo. IMP lang yung medyo convincing hahaha hassle

Another foreign telco expressed interest in the Philippines - telenor a European company. So expect pldt to globe to continue to fall... Negative sentiment pa rin for sure