Coffeebreak Island,

Spy,

Indio I,

Reggae Mistress,

Junior Kilat, and Tropical Depression.

For tickets, call 891-9999.

Edited by pizzapandesal
hey zup reggae peeps...

i love reggae esp. back on my college days..

i went as far as changing religions..

being a rasta is fa ckin fun.. but i just grew out of it..

i mean life is not just bout dutchie and dreads.. but i missed it alot..

i still hit that ganja once a week though..

maybe us reggae fanatics and sum rastas out there (if any)

cud meet and jam and have sum "meditation sessions" if you know what i mean..

fav reggae artist:

bob marley

peter tosh

ub40 sublime

song:

exodus

redemption

etc etc

F.U. drei.. changing religions ka pa dyan.. there is no such thing as a pinoy rastafarian.. damn u...

reggae fest by the bay

On March 24, MTV Philippines rolls out

the season’s hottest outdoor

concert, “Reggae Fest by the Bay,” at

the breezy poolside area of Sofitel

Philippine Plaza [CCP Complex, Roxas

Blvd., Pasay; phone: 551-5555].

Ziggy Marley

will be at the helm of a reggae-tinged roster of artists, including

Peacepipe,

Milagros Dancehall Collective,

Coffeebreak Island,

Spy,

Indio I,

Reggae Mistress,

Junior Kilat, and Tropical Depression.

For tickets, call 891-9999.

Venue: Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

Date/Time: March 24, 2007 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Ticket Prices: P1854.00 (with barbeque dinner) / P618.00 (show only)

KEWL nakakita din ako ng reggae thread hehe, pero sana peace and music nlng d2 sa rum wlang BADWORDS kc every1 has their own opinion on their religion,

pero astig d2, am frowing my hair for dreads but ang tagak badtrip, pero ok lng

eniwe, oo nga sana magkaroon tau ng peacepice session.

il bring sum! :D

F.U. drei.. changing religions ka pa dyan.. there is no such thing as a pinoy rastafarian.. damn u...

havnt seen this forum i forgot about this..

first of all very childish cursing out sum1..

second how bout a lil thinking before bushing??

third. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari_movement)

Rastafari today

Rastafari is not a highly organized religion. In fact, some Rastas say that it is not a "religion" at all, but a "way of Life". Today, many Rastas are not just Black African, but are as diverse a crowd as White, Māori, Indonesian, etc. Most Rastas do not identify with any sect or denomination, and thus are encouraged by others in the faith to find inspiration by themselves, though there are three prominent mansions of Rastafari: the Nyahbinghi, the Bobo Ashanti and the Twelve Tribes of Israel. By claiming Jah as the returned Jesus, Rastafari is a new religious movement that has arisen from Christianity, much as Christianity arose from Judaism.

In 1996, the Rastafari movement worldwide was given consultative status by the United Nations.

Also, the word "Rastaman" in 1990s obtained a special meaning in Post-Soviet states. After the fall of the USSR, a youth subculture of marijuana users formed, primarily in Russia and Ukraine, many of whom began to call themselves "Rastamany" ("растаманы", in plural). They borrowed a number of symbols from Rastafari culture including Reggae music (especially honoring Bob Marley), green-yellow-red colors, sometimes dreadlocks and other appearance, but not Afrocentrism (most are ethnically Slavic). Many of them protest against something they call "Babylon". A special Russian Reggae scene developed which is only partly similar to common reggae. Rastamany have their own folklore, publish literature and records, as well as create websites and form online communities.

so next time u try to mouth of to people who know their stuff maybe u should do a lil thinking first.. just a lil. dont make ur brain explode...

havnt seen this forum i forgot about this..

first of all very childish cursing out sum1..

second how bout a lil thinking before bushing??

third. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari_movement)

Rastafari today

Rastafari is not a highly organized religion. In fact, some Rastas say that it is not a "religion" at all, but a "way of Life". Today, many Rastas are not just Black African, but are as diverse a crowd as White, Māori, Indonesian, etc. Most Rastas do not identify with any sect or denomination, and thus are encouraged by others in the faith to find inspiration by themselves, though there are three prominent mansions of Rastafari: the Nyahbinghi, the Bobo Ashanti and the Twelve Tribes of Israel. By claiming Jah as the returned Jesus, Rastafari is a new religious movement that has arisen from Christianity, much as Christianity arose from Judaism.

In 1996, the Rastafari movement worldwide was given consultative status by the United Nations.

Also, the word "Rastaman" in 1990s obtained a special meaning in Post-Soviet states. After the fall of the USSR, a youth subculture of marijuana users formed, primarily in Russia and Ukraine, many of whom began to call themselves "Rastamany" ("растаманы", in plural). They borrowed a number of symbols from Rastafari culture including Reggae music (especially honoring Bob Marley), green-yellow-red colors, sometimes dreadlocks and other appearance, but not Afrocentrism (most are ethnically Slavic). Many of them protest against something they call "Babylon". A special Russian Reggae scene developed which is only partly similar to common reggae. Rastamany have their own folklore, publish literature and records, as well as create websites and form online communities.

so next time u try to mouth of to people who know their stuff maybe u should do a lil thinking first.. just a lil. dont make ur brain explode...

haha.. let me laugh at you.. there aint no thinking needed.. just what like Bob said - Chase those crazy baldheads out of town.. If youre a real rastafarian, you should know what crazy baldheads mean.. haha.. i bet you dont..

haha.. let me laugh at you.. there aint no thinking needed.. just what like Bob said - Chase those crazy baldheads out of town.. If youre a real rastafarian, you should know what crazy baldheads mean.. haha.. i bet you dont..

bro i said i used to be a rasta.. im now a christian and yes i effing comb my hair now.. hey man stop acting like your bob marley..

"don't haffi dread to be rasta"... <Morgan Heritage

In fact, most rastas didn't have dreads 'till the '50s/60s

know your roots...

and yer avoiding the conflict bro we're talkin bout rasta who are not jamaicans..

jamaica is a christian country with more churches per square mile in the world.. if you're a rasta you are only admitted to skul til primary skul.. if u want to have a higher ed you need to be a crazy baldhead a conformist. nuff said. peace bro

• 3 weeks later...

holy smokes! i've been out of the forum for so long and this thread is still around?!? i started this thread like about 4 years ago, hahaha... :boo:

yo warriorofjah:

i heard of matisyu, i like the groove of their sound. quite a character that frontman, he performs in a rabbi outfit while blasting vocal reggae beats :thumbsupsmiley: any idea why tower records scrapped the albums off their racks?

reggae fest by the bay

On March 24, MTV Philippines rolls out

the season’s hottest outdoor

concert, “Reggae Fest by the Bay,” at

the breezy poolside area of Sofitel

Philippine Plaza...

Ziggy Marley

will be at the helm of a reggae-tinged roster of artists, incl.....

were any of you here at the Reggae Fest too? maan, ziggy sounds and performs like his late dad! its kinda creepy at first, hahaha.... i thought about it while listening--- the thought of Bob's songs being passing down to his son, Ziggy, like "pamana" sends chills down any musician's spine. now that's legendary, itself :)

Edited by jay_lanz
holy smokes! i've been out of the forum for so long and this thread is still around?!? i started this thread like about 4 years ago, hahaha... :boo:

yo warriorofjah:

i heard of matisyu, i like the groove of their sound. quite a character that frontman, he performs in a rabbi outfit while blasting vocal reggae beats :thumbsupsmiley: any idea why tower records scrapped the albums off their racks?

oi jay_lanz...

actually, matthew miller (aka matisyahu) was a rap artist before he went to a jewish camp or somethin for a rehab of some sort, and to discover his musical inclinations as well. there he adopted his Jewish roots and became a Hassidic Jew. dun nya na lang pinalitan ung name nya from matthew miller to matisyahu. that's why his reggae beats has some Jewish flavor on it.

oi jay_lanz...

actually, matthew miller (aka matisyahu) was a rap artist before he went to a jewish camp or somethin for a rehab of some sort, and to discover his musical inclinations as well. there he adopted his Jewish roots and became a Hassidic Jew. dun nya na lang pinalitan ung name nya from matthew miller to matisyahu. that's why his reggae beats has some Jewish flavor on it.

cool trivia, jah. i got curious though, is there actually such a genre as "Jewish Music"? :rolleyes: he did integrate that traditional jewish feel in his songs through the use of eastern guitar scales and relative modes.

check out "Dispatch the Troops" and "Exaltation" its a tripout song. also check out the intro of "Beatboxing" too! if you cant find a copy anywhere else, suggest that you just rip it off limewire (for personal use of course and not to mass produce as music piracy :lol: )

cool trivia, jah. i got curious though, is there actually such a genre as "Jewish Music"? :rolleyes: he did integrate that traditional jewish feel in his songs through the use of eastern guitar scales and relative modes.

check out "Dispatch the Troops" and "Exaltation" its a tripout song. also check out the intro of "Beatboxing" too! if you cant find a copy anywhere else, suggest that you just rip it off limewire (for personal use of course and not to mass produce as music piracy :lol: )

oi jay_lanz..

unfortunately, i don't have limewire installed in my pc at home (it's being reformatted as i type this. i'm using the pc at work). gusto ko sana yung buong album e. anyways, it's for my perusal naman. am not planning on mass producin' it. :D

regarding your question, yeah i think there is. i believe it's one of those sub-genres of music designed for a specific group of listeners (much like Christian music or Contemporary Christian music). sa US kasi sobrang wide ang musical selection dun e. so bale in terms of demographics, may music na para sa isang grupo lang. so i believe there's such a thing. it's like this: imagine mainstream music (pop, rock, r&b, etc.) tapos nilagyan ng Indian flavor, ng african feel, etc. gets! :cool:

Greeting rasta people!.. ehehe, nice thread you have here..

I suggest you guys listen to "OSHEN" too, a native of hawaii.. Polynesian reggae this one is..

Songs:

1. Nation of Confusion

2. Meri Lewa

3. Island Warriors

4. Pacifican Herbsman

5. Pretty Wahine

6. Carry on Rootsman

and a whole lot more.. bsta the best!..

I suggest you guys listen to "OSHEN" too, a native of hawaii.. Polynesian reggae this one is..

Songs:

1. Nation of Confusion

2. Meri Lewa

3. Island Warriors

4. Pacifican Herbsman

5. Pretty Wahine

6. Carry on Rootsman

oi, mon..

Polynesian reggae? sounds cool..

baka pwede akong humingi ng ripoff ng album if you have one. :cool:

miss ko na Brown man revival...

makapunta nga uli xaymaca..

:goatee:

yac kzzzz baduy brownman revival although nakapanood na ko ng tugtog nila somewhere here in qc , feeling reggae lang wenta, lalo na yung vocalist... mayabang nman yung mga supporters ng mga RA.

Songs:

1. Nation of Confusion

2. Meri Lewa

3. Island Warriors

4. Pacifican Herbsman

5. Pretty Wahine

6. Carry on Rootsman

wasup, brah. polynesian reggae eh? interesting. im guessing more percussive elements fused in reggae beats. Is Oshen a person or a band? How long have they been around?

oi, mon..

Polynesian reggae? sounds cool..

baka pwede akong humingi ng ripoff ng album if you have one. :cool:

oh yeah! really cool, t'was introduced to me by my bro during college years (2004 i guess) when i was so obsessed on reggae beat.. don't really have an album can't find any records of him here in the Phils just a couple of mp3's downloaded from limewire.. :D

Oshen

- is the name of the jah person ^_^, sometimes O-shen. his style is much more like of a beach music so relaxing.. can't get you enough of it when you started to listen to his music..

"Nation of Confusion"

All the things thats happenin around me got me stressin

Society leaves me with so many unanswered question

Destruction of the planet and of nature and of culture and the way of life

simple way of life

We strong minded simple people got no sanctuary

The load is getting heavy on our backs that we must carry

My cup is overflowing what they call reality is here today and then

gone tomorrow

Chorus:

And you're lost in the nation of confusion

And the bright future seems just like an illusion on the horizon oh yeah <-- i love this line :D

I say you're lost in the nation of confusion

And the bright future seems just like an illusion on the horizon oh yeah

Where do we jobless youths we tell into this picture

The poor are getting poorer you know the rich them getting richer

They made the life revolve around this evil being paper and with out it now

we dont have a thing

(repeat verse 2)

Rap:

No can look in TV too mai sem biya mani nu

Forget the video or walk in something we no do

Or boderup in thinking belong one young fella

Babylon he likes the lim casablo upela

Chorus:

repeat verse 1:

Instrumental:

We are the simple people and we say

Strong through ever changing present day

Contentive character will lead our way

And we no go a stray go a stray

(repeat)

Chorus:

repeat rap:

Times are getting crazy and we got no where to run away

Thinking that they moving forward when they moving reverse today

let me hear some feedbacks if ever you guys have listened to it!.. have fun in the beach! ^_^

Edited by shinglai

"Meri Lewa"

Oshen

Boyz, taim yu stap longwei lo meri lewa blo you and you misim tru, trim les imbre somia, tokim em olsem, harim, harim

Chrous:

Meri Lewa, mi save misim yu tru

Na mi wari wari tumas long you

Longpela taim mi no kisim onepela leta

Bai mi mekim wanem nau

Sapos you losim mi bai mi olgeta

Meri Lewa, yu kam na yu senisim laip long mi

Mi same salim tingting taim mi raun wantaim ol mangi

Long wanem na mi bisi long you olsem

Mi save laikim lukim yu lo wara (Butawin)

Maski lo wanem hap wei mi save stap

Kain kain gutpela memori blo yu bai kam up

Mi olsem canu na yu, yu olsem samen

Mi no ting sapos mi tanim het bai yu nap giaman

Chorus

Meri, mi save ting ting tumas lo yu

Mi tok olsem mi bai kam bek na dispela tok i tru

Mi rasta mangi bilong PNG na mi stap

I no long taim bai mi kam lukim yu long hap

Oooh nogut yu ting lus long mi meri yeah x 2

Chorus

Thinkin about you girl because I'm so far away from you

Want in you to know that this love for you is always true

Not a day goes by that I don't see you in my eye

But I try to carry on my guard so lonely I could die

And my heart feelin the sparks that you be givin me

Why are we in two different places, girl, you know it's insanity

The man in me is what I got to find to carry on

This song is what I'm sending to you girl, it's been too long

Chorus

i guess the song is about a man who is separated seas apart from his loved one and missing her so bad.. i don't really totally understand the full meaning of the song, coz it is in Polynesian language though the last part is in English.. nevertheless it's that beat thats what me driving nuts to listen to it over and over again.. :D

Edited by shinglai