Guitar Talk

if you can live with plugging and unplugging you instrument cable to tune your guitar. it's a good choice already. but if you're like me who doesn't want to go through that hassle and have your own pedal board, i suggest you buy the pitchblack tuner. it's a stomp type tuner with true bypass capability and great tuning accuracy. i have one and love it.

thanks for the nice suggestion bro SilentStriker. will look at the pitchblack tuner.

Finally, I'm back in Manilatonight after all this commotion of this house-buying crap. Anyway, I'm coming home Sept of 09 (mejo matagal pa). Anybody want DVD lessons from frank Gambale, Zakk Wylde, Vivian Campbell, Eric johnson etc? I'd be happy to burn a DVD for free. Preferably from Laguna na lang para dun ko na rin abot yung DVD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
^bro, try mo lang mga practice ng ilan kanta so you can be comfortable shifting your fingers from one chord to another. depende kasi yan sa pagpindot mo ng chord.

...and try doing finger exercises...one finger on each fret, start from the first string f,f#,g,g#...then to the second string bb,b,c,c#....so on and so forth.

it's all in the fingers, so try to make those fingers as flexible as possilbe. happy scaling bro.

thank you sirs for the tips. very helpful indeed. am starting now on some songs. :thumbsupsmiley:

the story of my trip was that i did not get the amp simply because there is a just launched (jan 23 2009) new line of Marshall MG amps. 2 updates were made from the "older" line of MG.

1) the 2009 series allows saving of programmed settings

2) the 2009 series allows footswitch control from 15 watt up whereas prior series only has it at 30 watt up. this is key as i only intend to get 15 watt.

since it is new release and marshall is a British company, it has not reached outside UK markets. will wait for that. maybe in 2-3 months time.

Despite my friend buying the guitar for me from an accredited dealer, when I looked at the serial number of the guitar I could not make it out, even where it was made. with so many fake replicas out there, it is scary.

I have to bring the guitar myself to Gibson for them to check. i mean, buying a fake for $250 is one thing, but buying a fake for $1750 is another.