Gatorade mixed with water 50/50 solution...good for outdoor and high altitude activities...field tested.

Hey this is exactly what I do ... by itself I find Gatorade a bit too sweet/salty and makes me thirstier..

So what I do is I fill my water bottle halfway with Gatorade, freeze it. Then right before I head out, I fill it with cold water. By the time I arrive to where im going to ride or work out, its chilled to a perfect temperature and the ice crystals have all but melted.

Not only does it quench your thirst perfectly, it also effectively cuts the calories in Gatorade by half.

:cool:

Gatorade.

Pero when I was younger, we had this retired US army trainer ... he gave us an ice cold homemade juice (ie. fruit juice with some salt and sugar) before and during a basketball game ... it tastes odd ... but it's really refreshing :)

Essentially, thats what Gatorade is (less some of the food colorings and chemicals they add)... the salt acts to replace the salt your body loses thru sweat.

• 2 weeks later...

be careful about drinking gatorade you guys... if you dont sweat like an nba player... chances are you load up with too much sugar and sodium.. in the long run... with minimal activity, it'll make you bloat.

rush actually is worse, it does nothing for you. at all. except give mo a momentary boost of sugar.

look for something that has isomaltulose. a slow burning sugar ingredient that gives you energy, yet gives you enough time to digest it and burn it. so it doesnt make you bloat. i heard theres a product like it coming out soon.