The Music Of The 80s - Favorites, Classics And Rarities

hitman531ph

Ironically, given their obsession with America's favorite pastime, the Outfield got their start in London's East End. Playing under the name the Baseball Boys, the trio of bassist/singer Tony Lewis, guitarist/keyboardist John Spinks, and drummer Alan Jackman played around London and recorded some early demos, attracting the attention of Columbia/CBS Records. They were signed shortly thereafter and began working on their debut album, Play Deep, which was released in 1985. The album was a smash success, going triple platinum, reaching number nine on the album charts, and producing their biggest song, "Your Love," which was a Top Ten hit and followed by another Top 10 hit "All The Love" and another Top 40 hit "Say It Isn't So". To support the album, they launched an international tour opening for Journey and Starship. They began recording their second album in 1986 and in 1987 issued Bangin'. While not duplicating the huge commercial success of their debut, it did produce two hit singles, "Since You've Been Gone" and "No Surrender." The band's third album featured a bit of a stylistic shift and was more meticulously produced than their previous efforts. Voices of Babylon, released in 1988, produced a single of the same name, but the band's commercial success was slipping. Jackman left the band after it was recorded and they hired Paul Reed to step in as drummer for the Voices tour.

post-23387-1123846455.jpg

I dunno if any one of you were fans of Menudo during their heyday, but you already probably know that Latino singer/actor Robbie Rosa and Latino singer Ricky Martin were once member of this defunct Latino teeny singing quintet.

Things really went bad for the group when in 1986, they were caught red-handed smoking pot... The group went pffftt afterward

errr, i am :) was in gradeschool then (grade 4 or grade 5) when they hit the air. was already into spandau and debarge then. i remember pepsi has sponsored the group alongside with lionel richie and michael jackson. hmm am i right? darn i'm old!

DEF LEPPARD

.... After a spelling change, the trio, augmented by a now-forgotten drummer....

Tony Kenning was Def Leppard's original drummer. Tony quit the band because his girlfriend was not happy that he spent more time with the band than her. Tony Kenning was replaced by Frank Noon, who was himself replaced by Rick Allen. Rick Allen has been Def Leppard's drummer ever since.

They also holds the Guinness World Records: Concert performed in most continents in 24 hours. Def Leppard played on three continents on October 23, 1995. The first began at 12:23 a.m. in Morocco. They then flew to London for the second concert and finished in Vancouver, Canada, at 11:33 p.m. on the same day.

counted ba ang new york dolls dito???

bad girl, trash ang guto na kanta nila.....

cruesome.. magkano damage sa amazon??? gusto ko na din mag parating eh... kaso baka sobrang mahal..

i'd say they are glam. and vixen too :)

usually pag bumibili ako in group of at least 4 para medyo tipid sa shipment. then syempre sa exchange rate ng dollars, tapos sa lagay sa post office customs officer :)

once may order ako in two boxes, may limit kasi ng items per box, yung isang box charged mga 6am then the other box charged mga 1pm, yung applied exchange rates magkaiba, take note mo na lang ang selling $ exchange rate.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - THE BOSS

In the 1980s, Bruce Springsteen released the double album The River (October 1980), which topped the charts and featured his first Top Ten hit, "Hungry Heart."

Nobody was calling him a hype anymore, but Springsteen retreated from his expanding success, next recording the low-key album Nebraska (September 1982), a virtual demo tape on vinyl. (Springsteen did not tour to promote the album, and in the interim E Street Band guitarist Van Zandt amicably left the group for a solo career, to be replaced by Nils Lofgren.)

But then came Born in the U.S.A. (June 1984) and a two-year international tour. The album threw off six hit singles and sold over ten million copies. Dancing in the Dark (#2), Cover Me (#14), Born in the USA (#10), Glory Days (#8), I'm on Fire (#9), My Hometown (#10) were the hits of the album. That puts Springsteen in the pop heavens with Michael Jackson and Prince. After touring for more than a year, he released a five-LP/three-CD concert album, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band/Live 1975-85 (November 1986), which topped the charts. The album came up with a single with a live performance of 'Fire' which made it to the Top 40.

Characteristically, Springsteen returned with a more introverted effort, Tunnel of Love (October 1987), which presaged his divorce from his first wife, Julianne Phillips. (He married a second time to singer Patti Scialfa, who had joined the E Street Band.) The album came up with two hits Brilliant Disguise (#8) and Tunnel of Love (#8)

After another marathon tour, Springsteen gave the E Street Band notice in November 1989, breaking up a celebrated unit who had stayed together 15 years.

post-23387-1124277561.jpg

BRYAN ADAMS - Canadian rocker

From the mid-'80s to the mid-'90s, Canadian singer/songwriter and guitarist Bryan Adams was one of the most successful recording artists in popular music worldwide. Usually dressed in blue jeans, sneakers, and white T-shirts, the energetic performer stalked stages around the globe, electric guitar in hand, singing his own up-tempo pop/rock songs and ballads before audiences numbering in the tens of thousands. He released a series of multi-platinum albums containing chart-topping singles featured in popular motion pictures. His raspy voice, simple compositions, and straightforward musical approach earned him early critical approbation as a likable if unoriginal rock & roll journeyman, but as he began to become massively popular, reviewers increasingly pointed out the clichés in his lyrics and the derivative nature of his music, especially as he softened his style in the early '90s for his hit movie theme songs. By the end of the '90s, his record sales had fallen precipitously and he had become largely identified with his movie work, though he continued to tour extensively, playing his many hits.

Adams was born Bryan Guy Adams on November 5, 1959, in Kingston, Ontario.

Bryan Adams entry into the music world was no instant hit. After his debut and second album, Bryan Adams did not gain much recognition.

Cuts Like a Knife, Adams's third album, contained "Straight from the Heart," and released as a single in December. It broke his career open, peaking in the Top Ten of the Hot 100 and setting up the LP, which followed in January 1983 and eventually reached the Top Ten and went platinum, spawning further Top 40 hits in the title song and "This Time." The album's success was stimulated by Adams' extensive touring in support of it, which began in Canada in January and February and continued from March to August in the U.S., where he opened for Journey, with a six-week tour of Europe in the fall and dates in Japan in November, followed by another round of shows in Canada. In total, he spent 283 days on the road in 1983.

Meanwhile, Adams and Vallance had accepted an offer to write their first song for the movies, and November 1983 saw the opening of A Night in Heaven and the release of its soundtrack album, featuring their song "Heaven," which Adams performed. The track made the Top Ten of the mainstream rock chart in early 1984, but Adams declined to release it as a single just then. Instead, he held it back for his next album, which he and Vallance began writing after he completed a tour of the Far East in March 1984. As usual, the products of their writing sessions began to turn up on other albums before Adams himself re-emerged. "Can't Wait All Night" was the title song of Juice Newton's June 1984 album and became a singles chart entry. "Boys Nite Out" (co-credited to bandmembers Marc Storace and Fernando Von Arb) was featured on The Blitz, an album by Krokus, released in August 1984. The following month saw the opening of the film Teachers, the soundtrack to which included two Adams/Vallance songs, "Teacher, Teacher," which became a Top 40 hit for .38 Special, and "Edge of a Dream," a singles chart entry for Joe Cocker. Adams' fourth album, Reckless, was released on his 25th birthday, November 5, 1984, preceded by the single "Run to You," which reached the Top Ten. It was followed by no less than five Top 20 singles drawn from the album: "Somebody," "Heaven" (which hit number one), "Summer of '69" (Top Ten), "One Night Love Affair," and a duet with Tina Turner, "It's Only Love." The LP, which hit number one in the U.S. on August 10, 1985, sold five million copies in America and a reported three million more in the rest of the world. (Adams also earned his first two Grammy nominations, best male rock performance for the album as a whole, and best rock performance by a duo or group for "It's Only Love.") As usual, Adams toured extensively to support it, his World Wide in '85 tour launching in late December and continuing through November 1, 1985. He found time early on to co-write (with Vallance and David Foster) "Tears Are Not Enough," Canada's answer to "Do They Know It's Christmas" and "We Are the World," as a charity song for Ethiopian starvation relief, which was recorded by the all-star group of Canadian artists Northern Lights and became a number one hit in Canada, later included on the We Are the World LP. He also opened the American side of the Live Aid concert on July 13, 1985.

Adams' success made him and Vallance, if anything, even more appealing to other artists as songwriters. In August 1985, Loverboy featured another of their compositions, "Dangerous," on the Lovin' Every Minute of It album. The song was later released as a single and reached the Hot 100. In September, Roger Daltrey included two Adams/Vallance songs, "Rebel" and "Let Me Down Easy," on his album Under a Raging Moon, and "Let Me Down Easy" also became a chart single. (The songwriters reworked "Rebel" for the next Adams album.) Adams was also in demand as a guest performer on records. Vallance was producing the Canadian group Glass Tiger, and Adams came in to sing a duet vocal on their song "Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)." It hit number one in Canada in February 1986 and number one in the U.S. eight months later. In April, Adams and Vallance's song "No Way to Treat a Lady" appeared on Bonnie Tyler's album Secret Dreams & Forbidden Fire. (Tyler had covered "Straight from the Heart" on her platinum 1983 album Faster Than the Speed of Night. Four months later, Bonnie Raitt also sang "No Way to Treat a Lady" on her Nine Lives album.) In May 1986, Adams and Vallance's song "It Should Have Been Me" was included on Neil Diamond's album Headed for the Future. (The following year, it was covered by Carly Simon on her album Coming Around Again, with Adams producing.) In June, Adams participated in six stadium concerts as benefits for Amnesty International. In September, the songwriters contributed "Back Where You Started" to the Tina Turner album Break Every Rule.

Into the Fire, the fifth Bryan Adams album, was released in March 1987, prefaced by the single "Heat of the Night," which became Adams' fifth Top Ten hit in the U.S. The album also spawned the Top 40 hits "Hearts on Fire" and "Victim of Love," but its success fell far short of that enjoyed by Reckless. Nevertheless, Into the Fire reached the Top Ten in the U.S. and sold a million copies, with another million sold overseas. Adams' worldwide tour in support of the album went on for more than a year, starting in May 1987 and continuing until July 1988. (One of the final shows, in Werchter, Belgium, was filmed for a television special, Bryan Adams: Live in Belgium, broadcast on television in Canada January 15, 1989.) Meanwhile, as usual, there were songs for other artists. Adams and Vallance's "Back to Paradise," co-written by Pat Benatar and performed by .38 Special, was used in the film Revenge of the Nerds II in the summer of 1987 and became a singles chart entry, and in August Adams' co-composition "Hometown Hero" appeared on Loverboy's Wildside LP.

post-23387-1124278366.jpg

TINA TURNER

The most dynamic female soul singer in the history of the music, Tina Turner oozed sexuality from every pore in a performing career that began the moment she stepped onstage as lead singer of the Ike & Tina Turner Revue in the late '50s. Her gritty and growling performances beat down doors everywhere, looking back to the double-barreled attack of gospel fervor and sexual abandon that had originally formed soul in the early '50s. Divorced from Ike in the mid-'70s, she recorded only occasionally later in the decade but resurfaced in the mid-'80s with a series of hit singles and movie appearances; her high-profile status was assured well into the '90s.

Born Annie Mae Bullock near Brownsville, TN, she began singing as a teen, and joined Ike Turner's touring show as an 18-year-old backup vocalist. Just two years later, Tina was the star of the show, the attention-grabbing focal point for an incredibly smooth-running soul revue headed by Ike and his Kings of Rhythm. The couple began hitting the charts in 1960 with "A Fool in Love," and notched charting singles throughout the '60s, though the disappointing position of "River Deep-Mountain High" -- cited by Phil Spector as one of his best productions -- was very hard to take. All expectations were filled in 1971 with "Proud Mary," a number four hit which became the capstone of Ike & Tina's Revue. Frustrated by Ike's increasingly irrational behavior, though, Tina walked out just three years later.

She celebrated her new-found freedom in 1975 with a role in the film version of The Who's Tommy. Playing the Acid Queen, she delivered an outrageous, all-too-brief performance in an otherwise forgettable mistake of a movie. Several albums were recorded for United Artists during the late '70s, but she appeared to be washed up by the turn of the decade. Surprisingly, Tina returned in 1983, first teaming with a Heaven 17 project named BEF on a remake of the Temptations' "Ball of Confusion." Tina's vocal offering was understandably apocalyptic, and she gained a solo deal with Capitol that same year. Her first single, a cover of Al Green's "Let's Stay Together," hit the Top 30 early in 1984. Second single "What's Love Got to Do With It" became one of the year's biggest hits, spending three weeks at number one. Her album Private Dancer included two more Top Ten singles, the title track and "Better Be Good to Me." With another movie role in 1985 (Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome), she found a number two hit with its theme, "We Don't Need Another Hero." Her next big hit followed in 1986 ("Typical Male"), after which Tina began to decline, still charting occasionally and selling respectably with albums including 1989's Foreign Affair

post-23387-1124278814.jpg

KISS - In the 80s

Kiss Unmasked, released in the summer of 1980, was recorded with session drummer Anton Fig; Criss' permanent replacement, who left the band earlier in 1980. Eric Carr, joined the band in time for their 1980 world tour. Kiss Unmasked was their first record since Destroyer to fail to go platinum, and 1981's Music From the Elder, their first album recorded with Carr, didn't even go gold -- it couldn't even climb past number 75 on the charts. Ace Frehley left the band after its release; he was replaced by Vinnie Vincent in 1982. Vincent's first album with the group, 1982's Creatures of the Night, fared better than Music From the Elder, yet it couldn't make it past number 45 on the charts. Sensing it was time for a change, Kiss dispensed with their makeup for 1983's Lick It Up. The publicity worked, as the album became their first platinum record in four years. Animalize, released the following year, was just as successful, and the group had recaptured their niche. Vincent left after Animalize and was replaced by Mark St. John; St. John was soon taken ill with Reiter's Syndrome and left the band. Bruce Kulick became Kiss' new lead guitarist in 1984. For the rest of the decade, Kiss turned out a series of best-selling albums, culminating in the early 1990 hit ballad "Forever," which was their biggest single since "Beth.

post-23387-1124279298.jpg

Post niyo naman yung mga power ballads na galing sa mga glam/hair metal bands o. Yan kasi ang forte ng mga glam bands noon e. I'm trying to compile a collection of power ballads e.

Alam niyo ba yung bandang Little Caesar? Oo, bago pa nagkaroon ng pizza, banda yun dati. Pinapatugotg sa NU 107 dati yung ballad nila na "In Your Arms". Hindi ko mahanap yung song na yun, cno ba may mp3 nun sa inyo?

Post niyo naman yung mga power ballads na galing sa mga glam/hair metal bands o. Yan kasi ang forte ng mga glam bands noon e. I'm trying to compile a collection of power ballads e.

Alam niyo ba yung bandang Little Caesar? Oo, bago pa nagkaroon ng pizza, banda yun dati. Pinapatugotg sa NU 107 dati yung ballad nila na "In Your Arms". Hindi ko mahanap yung song na yun, cno ba may mp3 nun sa inyo?

dude, marami akong power ballads, mas gusto ko yun kesa pa pretty boy na songs. pero si little ceasar sa nu ko lang nadinig. mp3's ba gusto mo? i burn na lang kita kung ganun? libis area ka deba?

eto not so well known na gusto ko:

When I'm With You - Sheriff

Honestly - Stryper

All That I Bleed - Savatage

pang labsung (pampainlab ng girls :))

eto short quick list:

Alias: More Than Words, Waiting For Love

LA Guns: It's Over Now, I Found You

Kix: Don't Close Your Eyes

Winger: Miles Away

Mr. Big: Just Take My Heart, Promise Here The Moon

Warrant: Heaven, Blind Faith, I Saw Red

Poison: I Won't Forget You

Steelheart: I'll Never Let You Go

Skid Row: Quicksand Jeasus, I Remember You, In A Darkened Room

Cinderella: Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone), Heartbreak Station

Van Halen: When Love Its Love, Love Comes Walkin In, Can't Stop Loving You

Motley Crue: Without You

Def Leppard: Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad, Love Bites, When Love And Hate Collide

Slaughter: Days Gone By, Real Love

Kiss: Forever

Lita Ford: Close My Eyes Forever (with ozzy)

Ozzy: Goodbye To Romance

White Lion: You're All I Need

Tesla: Love Song

Additional Power Ballads of Glam Bands:

Faster Pussycat: House Of Pain

Mr.Big: Anything For You (lupit ng guitar solo)

White Lion: Wait, When The Children Cry, Til Death Do Us Part

Whitesnake: Now You're Gone, The Deeper The Love

Poison: Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Life Goes On

Trixter: Surrender

Danger Danger: Think About You

Skid Row: 18 & Life

Warrant: Sometiomes She Cries

LA Guns: Ballad Of Jane

Bon Jovi: Never Say Goodbye, I'll Be There For You

Isip pa ako iba. :)

GLAM GLAM GLAM!!!!

meron ako:

all that i bleed- savatage

rain-jet black joe

mama-steelheart

18 and life-skidrow

silent lucidity-queensryche( di ko alam kun glam to)

home sweet home-motley crue

sleeping with you tonight-firehouse

lovesong-tesla

shuffle it all-izzy stradlin and the juju hounds

bringing on the heartache- def leppard

mama im coming home-ozzy