The Music Of The 80s - Favorites, Classics And Rarities

hitman531ph

Guys, will you suggest other 80s songs? The groovy ones like the tunes they play at Jill's.

Thanks guys!

Hope this helps...

My favorite 80s songs...

Dancing with tears in my eyes - ultravox

Dancing with myself, eyes without a face, rebel yell - Billy Idol

Just can't..., Master and Servant, Blasphemous rumours, People are people. - Depeche Mode

Yung mga bastos nung late 80s, yung all day and all night.. (one plus one, we had some fun in her bedroom all day and all of the night) saka push-it

alive and Kicking, all the things she said - simple minds.

INXS - Devil inside, original sin, new sensation, I need you tonight, Disappear - INXS

The whole Thriller album ni Michael Jackson.

Songs nina cindy Lauper, Madonna

She's so Young - the pursuit of Happiness

Turning Japanese - can't remember

Sedated - The Ramones

Mga Stray Cats stuff (Rockabilly)

Rock the Casbah - The clash

London Calling - the Clash

Pride, Sunday Bloody Sunday, etc. - U2

I touch myself - the vinyls

Cities in dust - Siouxsie and the banshees

Girl in trouble - romeo void

Bizarre love Triangle, Perfect Kiss, Blue Monday, True Faith (The Morning Sun) - New order

Union of the Snake, Rio, Girls on Film, The Reflex, A view to a k*ll, Hungry like the wolves, New Moon on Monday, Wild boys, and many others - Duran2

Some like it hot, get it on bang a gong, harvest for the world (cover) - Power Station

election day, Goodbye is Forever, - Arcadia

Bad boys, wake me up, careless whisper, Last Christmas - Wham

All police/sting

She sells sanctuary, love removal machine, wildflower - The cult

Just spent 2 hours on this. Will think of more.

Adds:

Head over heels, vacation - the gogos

Shout, everybody wants to rule the world, change, head over heels, mad world, pale shelter, mother's talk - Tears for fears

Round and round, true (the only un-baduy slowdance song of that time!), Gold, Only when you leave - Spandau Ballet

Jump, Panama - Van halen

Add sa ultravox - White China

punk music rules the decade of 80's, the likes of duran duran, spandau ballet, eurythmics and many others. but still rock music like heavy still shines during those times. music of guns n roses errupts then, mettalica was born on the 80's too, skidrow, poison, ac-dc rules the downunder. i love the music of the police during those times, u2, ac-dc, rod stewart, rolling stones, van halen

Hope this helps...

My favorite 80s songs...

Yung mga bastos nung late 80s, yung all day and all night.. (one plus one, we had some fun in her bedroom all day and all of the night) saka push-it

Turning Japanese - can't remember

Sedated - The Ramones

Late 80s "bastos" songs or "dirty rap" that become popular on the dance floors were predominantly by 2 Live Crew. These songs started in 1988-89. It was just a fad as dirty rap mostly disappeared from the dance floors after 1991.

The title of the "all day and all of the night" song is "One And One" by 2 Live Crew that came out in 1989.

"Push It" is by Salt N Pepa, sometime in 1987-88.

"Turning Japanese" is by The Vapors in 1980. The Vapors evaporated and never came up with another hit.

The Sedated sone is "I Wanna Be Sedated" by The Ramones which came out circa 1980-81.

Dark Wave stuff mostly (Siouxsie and the Banshees, Sisters of Mercy, Joy Division, The Cure, etc.) Gusto ko rin yung Steely Dan, Frank Zappa, at mga Metal bands sa Rothenberg Movement.

Dark Wave is better known as Gothic Rock but it had its roots from New Wave

Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run) by Billy Ocean actually had three versions released on various parts of the world. Caribbean Queen was the title used for the US and the rest of the world.

Another version was African Queen, which was originally the version for US realease but the music label thought that the title may turn off some music buyers. Thus, Caribbean Queen came out.

In Europe, the version released there was European Queen.

Mr. Roboto was one of Styx's last hits. The song went to #3 in the US Charts. It was a cut from the album Kilroy Was Here.

The same album also chalked up Don't Let It End. It did not do as well as Mr. Roboto but it managed to reach #10.

Their next hit was "Music Time" which only reached #40.

Then came Dennis De Young's solo album and first hit Desert Moon.

Mr. Roboto was one of Styx's last hits. The song went to #3 in the US Charts. It was a cut from the album Kilroy Was Here.

great trivia hitman... so THAT's why there was an "i'm kilroy! kilroy! (to fade) " chant at the end of the song (always wondered what it was doing there).

ya learn something new every day. ;)

domo arigato! :)

Edited by thebigbadlonewolf

some of my favorite 80's tunes for me

leave me alone - new order

whatever possessed you - the care

love my way - psychedelic furs

wunderland - munchener freiheit (dalas to play sa mga audio venture parties nun) :cool:

? - nena (german version syempre) :cool: :cool: :cool:

illusions - the creatures (ahem)

transfer affection - a flock of seagulls

more to loose - seona dancing (sino naman hindi to gusto) :thumbsupsmiley:

wala ba new wave party anywhere? san kaya meron? :boo: