Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

• 1 month later...

guys im planning to buy an ipad for my daughter,is it possible for me to load all her books in that ipad as a pdf file so all she need to bring to her school is the ipad,a pen and few papers so to lessen the weight she is carrying everyday

I've read the iPad is not recommended for school books. Lalo na pag PDF na mahirap mag search. You need to be able to browse and skim school books kasi. Physical paper books better.

http://www.memoryworld.com.sg//index.php?option=com_products&task=details&pid=549

RESELLERS AND DISTRIBUTORS WANTED IN THE PHILIPPINES!

email me at : gus@memoryworld.com.sg

Imported from Singapore:

extend your iPad life by 10 extra hours or fully recharge the iPhone 6 times, extending your talk time by up to 72 hours, standby time by up to 1800 hours, Internet use by up to 54 hours, video playback by up to 60 hours and audio playback by up to 180 hours. Contact me for more details!

post-104105-030270000 1286903330.jpg

guys im planning to buy an ipad for my daughter,is it possible for me to load all her books in that ipad as a pdf file so all she need to bring to her school is the ipad,a pen and few papers so to lessen the weight she is carrying everyday

The short answer? Yes. Anything you can get into your Macbook as a PDF or better yet, ePub format will work. You will have to scan every page of her books and then import the scanned jpegs into Adobe Acrobat PRO. Then use Acrobat Pro to run character recognition on the entire PDF with indexing to make it searchable. If you are handy with javascript you can even make interface enhancements.

The short answer? Yes. Anything you can get into your Macbook as a PDF or better yet, ePub format will work. You will have to scan every page of her books and then import the scanned jpegs into Adobe Acrobat PRO. Then use Acrobat Pro to run character recognition on the entire PDF with indexing to make it searchable. If you are handy with javascript you can even make interface enhancements.

thanks again boom,i'll be getting it as her gift for xmas :) 32gb is enough,right?

boomouse, any dealers youc an recommend apart from SencoLink?

Try Liteware, it seems they inherited lot of Ynzal's business when they lost the Apple dealership. Look for Théa, she is ex-Ynzal.

http://web.mac.com/liteware/Liteware_Computers/Home.html

Prices are lower than the Power Mac Store. And they carry Adobe so that is a telltale that they cater to a professional clientele. Supporting Adobe is not easy and only an established clientele in media and advertising would justify it.

Guys,

Mac user here, can anyone please direct me to a free tutorial on web page design?

thanks

Here re a few PDFs. They are not free because what I ask you in return is to take the time to read them. That is how you pay me back.

Click on the link. If you do not have Pando, you will have to download it but don't worry this is not a marketing gimmick, just a way of sending large files to people. The link tells you what you need to do (nothing to buy, nothing else to click, no surveys to fill, no cookies will be loaded).

Web Page Instructionals

Guys,

Mac user here, can anyone please direct me to a free tutorial on web page design?

thanks

Here re a few PDFs. They are not free because what I ask you in return is to take the time to read them. That is how you pay me back.

Click on the link. If you do not have Pando, you will have to download it but don't worry this is not a marketing gimmick, just a way of sending large files to people. The link tells you what you need to do (nothing to buy, nothing else to click, no surveys to fill, no cookies will be loaded).

Web Page Instructionals

• 2 weeks later...

The new OS Lion is coming out na! :D

Where's the cheapest place to buy an iPad does anyone know?

Lion won't be out until the summer of 2011 t the earliest. Don't hold your breath.

The cheapest place to buy an iPad or any computer for that matter is most school bookstores in a US college or university. For example, the Harvard COOP in Cambridge, Mass. Get a student or lecturer you know to buy one for you under an edu discount. That's about 30% off SRP.

Oh you mean in the Philippines? Its not sold here officially yet, so 'cheapest' is whoever flight attendant has it in stock. If you really want one now, you should not really care about the price too much unless you just want to do some window shopping. In which case, why bother? The gray market price of a 64GB iPad with 3G is almost the same aas the SRP for an 11-inch Macbook Air with 64 GB SSD at P52k. Get an iPhone 4 from Globe (wait a few weeks) with an unlimited internet plan and tether it to your Mac to get wireless broadband anywhere.

Or just go to HK or Singapore to buy your iPad, since it's being sold there, officially. It's 3,888 Hong Kong dollars = 21,908.593 Philippine pesos and 728 Singapore dollars or 24,722.9996 Philippine pesos, respectively. Sure beats the 52K and a plane ticket to the US...

You re right about the HK price!!! Thanks for the heads up. The 64GB with 3G is still about P40k though. But even for the 16gb wifi only model that is a darn good price. A legit purchase at the HK Apple Store.

I don't play games either. In fact, I'm against their use on a Mac when better and more games will run on cheap Windows machines. And this is true for the iPad which is now my "carry" computer of choice. Measure what activities you spend more time on in your computer. With me, it's reading and answering emails, online banking, web surfing, some Facebook, and reading and light siting of Excel and DOC files. None of these require heavy duty hardware. For that, I have MBPs and MBAs in the office and iMacs at home.