Digital Cameras

wouldn't the Automatic setting in a DSLR be the same as making the camera a Point and Shoot camera? wouldn't be like getting a kia for a daily 15 minute drive where a benz can expensively serve the same purpose?

most DSLR cameras are typically 2 to 3 times the cost of PnS cameras but a technoquack like moi needs marquee brands and models to enhance our pogi status. what then would be a more econimical brand and model but adds bragging rights to be carried around?

wouldn't the Automatic setting in a DSLR be the same as making the camera a Point and Shoot camera? wouldn't be like getting a kia for a daily 15 minute drive where a benz can expensively serve the same purpose?

most DSLR cameras are typically 2 to 3 times the cost of PnS cameras but a technoquack like moi needs marquee brands and models to enhance our pogi status. what then would be a more econimical brand and model but adds bragging rights to be carried around?

in very good light and still subjects, yes, auto on a dSLR would be equal to a PnS cameras. but we're talking just about exposure here, we're not even going into focus speed, depth of field, light balance accuracy, etc. and photography isn't just about exposure.

nobody buys a dSLR and stays in auto-mode forever.

if you really want bragging rights, get a dSLR. :goatee:

D40x user din..

napabili lang dahil sa promo.. at goyo ng seller..

i recently bought a SB-800 speedlite flash kasi i liked he feature that u can use the flash remotely..

kaso nde mo mamamaximize yung capability dahil D80 lng may ganung feature..

kaya haaay..

pero sabi nga ni kenrockwell wla sa camera yan... :lol:

suggestion lang sir-- AFAIK the SB-800 can act as a Flash commander to other Nikon speedlights. if you don't want to waste your flash investment, get a SB-400 (less than 6k at Hidalgo). use the SB800 on your body and set it on commander mode-- this will trigger the SB-400 as well.

instant I-TTL Flash system :thumbsupsmiley:

You do need to verify this though, as I've tested this with an SB-800 and SB-600 setup and it works marvelously. hopefully it works with the SB-400 Flash as well.

One more thing...what is the kit lens mostly good for? What setting would be best?

landscapes(not exactly)to portraits.. 18-55mm is the range.. If you can wait,buy the VR kitlens if the price gap is not that far.. :cool:

and Nikon kit lens just got better-- the next batch of 18-55 lenses will come with VR :thumbsupsmiley:

Exactly...

Unless you're into taking a lot of pictures in low light, a VR feature in the 18-55mm range is actually not that important as you can use slower shutter speeds in within that focal range anyway. Remember, the lowest hand-holdable shutter speed you can use is reciprocal to your focal length. (i.e. you can shoot at 1/18th sec with a 18mm lens, or in the case of Nikon's 1.5x crop factor - 1/27th sec.)

VR only becomes a big deal feature in the telephoto range (70mm and beyond), not so much in wide angle lenses. Also, VR lenses significantly cost more than their non-VR counterparts, that's also another thing to consider.

Edited by fry
hi guys, im a newbie to dSLR cameras. can anyone offer suggestions as to where i can get a good deal on a Nikon D40x with 18-55mm lens kit in metro manila?? please indicate contact information. thanks!! :unsure:

Hidalgo is the place to be Dude!

Try to back read to get the numbers and map.