There is a new bar in Polaris Street, Makati called Beer Paradise.

It's run by a Belgian guy and they have around 100 different types of European beers - mainly Belgian.

Hooegarden and a couple of others on tap.

Many made by Trappist Monks and most of the beers are between 8 and 14% alcohol - have a couple and you know about it.

Slightly expensive - most beers between Pesos 200 and 300 a bottle but if you have the cash definitely worth a look.

how about toohey and foster's,sir? have you tried this aussie beers already?

are u frm australia?

if ur not basically toohey and fosters are like considered aussie/yobbo drinks or in american terms rednecks haha but more towards toohey's....fosters has many range but there about the same very bitter, very australian bitter haha...i dont like them at all but there cheap and youngins get em so they can get drunk and off their face...

are u frm australia?

no,i'm not....pero i've tasted those beers when i went there on a holiday.still get to drink foster's paminsan-minsan pero you're right.di ko rin kursunada lasa nito,medyo bitin ang lasa,comparable to god eagle beer. i've tasted many kinds of beer,medyo adventurous ako pagdating sa alak.for a time,i was into stella artois then grolsch pero ryt now budweiser is my fave poison.of course,wala pa ring tatalo sa SMB, or is it maybe homesick lang ako at miss ko na ang favorite ktv at gro ko. :lol:

how about toohey and foster's,sir? have you tried this aussie beers already?

Toohey's and Foster's aren't good beers at all - Australian exports most of its Fosters.

A couple of good Australian beers:

James Boags - actually now owned by San Miguel

Cascade

The Bees Knees

Crown Lager

Coopers

Australia also has a pretty big micro brewry industry and there are a lot of designer beers from small brewers that are really good.

• 5 months later...