• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

A law punishing public officials accused of graft and corruption with jail without bail even if the crime isn't one of plunder ESPECIALLY if the public official holds high public office (eg. Sandiganbayan Associate Justice Gregory Ong)

Thing is, Ong just got convicted today by the Supreme Court. He should have been in jail all this time pending the resolution of his case.

Should graft, corruption, or plunder charges be officially filed against Chief PNP Purisima, then it would be great if we had a law ordering him to stay in jail without bail pending the resolution of his case.

Control and operation of city buses must be removed from the public sector and be brought under the umbrella of the MMDA.

City buses are those whose routes are limited to within Metro Manila only. Buses with provincial routes are excluded.

Mass public transport, excluding taxis and tricycles should be a publicly owned service such as the MRT/LRT.

I think we are the only country in the world that have privately owned inter city bus lines.

Most of the problems that we have regarding city buses all stem from the fact that these buses are all looking for a profit. They go out of their lanes because they're chasing fares, they stop anywhere they want because they need more passengers, they're filled to the roof because they need to go over the daily "boundary" set by the operator. They drive like demons because they need to make more trips because they need more money.

That's why it all turns to s@%t. It's profit driven.

If city buses were publicly owned service, and just give drivers a basic monthly wage like government employees. No one would try to compete for fares. you can setup orderly bus stops where buses stop on a schedule. They would all stay in their lanes and just drive along.

If only the government operates all city buses, there would be no need to overspeed or drive like a mad man, there'd be no point to it anymore, since they'd all be paid the same regardless of how many trips they make. In fact they'd probably drive slower and easier now.

Ever wonder why city buses in HK and Singapore are orderly and not scary? Because they are government owned, nobody operates the city bus for a profit.

In all other countries I've been to bus drivers are the most sane drivers in the city, it's the taxis you have to worry about. Round here however, buses drive exactly like taxis except they're bigger and more dangerous. Why? Because like taxis buses here chase fares

Control and operation of city buses must be removed from the public sector and be brought under the umbrella of the MMDA.

City buses are those whose routes are limited to within Metro Manila only. Buses with provincial routes are excluded.

Mass public transport, excluding taxis and tricycles should be a publicly owned service such as the MRT/LRT.

I think we are the only country in the world that have privately owned inter city bus lines.

Most of the problems that we have regarding city buses all stem from the fact that these buses are all looking for a profit. They go out of their lanes because they're chasing fares, they stop anywhere they want because they need more passengers, they're filled to the roof because they need to go over the daily "boundary" set by the operator. They drive like demons because they need to make more trips because they need more money.

That's why it all turns to s@%t. It's profit driven.

If city buses were publicly owned service, and just give drivers a basic monthly wage like government employees. No one would try to compete for fares. you can setup orderly bus stops where buses stop on a schedule. They would all stay in their lanes and just drive along.

If only the government operates all city buses, there would be no need to overspeed or drive like a mad man, there'd be no point to it anymore, since they'd all be paid the same regardless of how many trips they make. In fact they'd probably drive slower and easier now.

Ever wonder why city buses in HK and Singapore are orderly and not scary? Because they are government owned, nobody operates the city bus for a profit.

In all other countries I've been to bus drivers are the most sane drivers in the city, it's the taxis you have to worry about. Round here however, buses drive exactly like taxis except they're bigger and more dangerous. Why? Because like taxis buses here chase fares

I agree 100%. Actually there have been calls in the past to return the operation of city buses to the public sector like they did during martial law. Back then, as I recall, there was only one bus line...The Love Bus.

I would hazard a guess that the reason this administration as well as past administrations haven't done this is because private bus companies have been lobbying (read bribing) the legislature from passing such a law. Again, corruption, in my opinion, works against the public interest.

You're absolutely right that order and discipline on the roads will be achieved if we removed bus operations from profit-oriented private bus companies. There should be a lobby group as well pushing for this proposal. Media should also get into the action unless they're also being paid off by private bus companies to keep quiet.

There's no reason or excuse for me not to be gentle. Especially toward an intelligent lady such as you. We see things in different perspectives and hence form different observations and form different beliefs. This is the perfect place to air your ideas so I'll see where you're coming from and will be able to look at the situation from your perspective.

And vise versa of course. I'll do my best to make you understand my observations and beliefs based on my perspective. Let's just agree to be rational and as diplomatic as we can possibly be. B)

Fair enough.cool.gif

I wonder if ever anyone goes overboard in the forum, would he/she be sanctioned by this Cybercrime Act? Hmm...what's your take on this?

Fair enough.cool.gif

I wonder if ever anyone goes overboard in the forum, would he/she be sanctioned by this Cybercrime Act? Hmm...what's your take on this?

I suppose. Some people become so passionate with their beliefs that they'll sometimes defend these beliefs in a manner that doesn't take into consideration the passion others have for their own beliefs.

Sometimes, people need to be reminded about their behavior because emotions may overcome the way they respond to others who disagree with their own interpretation of the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Pwede bang ipagbawal ang pamumudmud ng dole outs gaya ng delata, cake, bigas at noodles sa mga LGU? Vote buying na ito kung tutuusin. Syempre bawal mamigay nito sa kampanya, kaya habang ikaw ang nasa pwesto. Kaya naman hinding hindi na matinag tinag mga political families na yan. Biro mo, sa presyo ng isang supot na may kalahating kilong bigas, noodles, at sardinas, pwede ka na manalo lagi sa eleksyon. Katarantaduhan din ang mga ganitong gawa. Ni walang makain yung pamilya, reregaluhan mo ng cake? Imbes turuan mo magsikap ang masa tinuturuan pa maging palaasa at tamad.

Pwede bang ipagbawalang pamumudmudng dole outs gayangdelata, cake, bigas at noodles samga LGU? Vote buying naito kung tutuusin. Syemprebawalmamigaynito sakampanya, kaya habangikawang nasapwesto. Kaya namanhindinghindi namatinagtinag mga political families nayan. Biro mo, sapresyo ngisangsupot na may kalahatingkilong bigas, noodles, at sardinas, pwede ka namanalo lagisaeleksyon. Katarantaduhan din ang mgaganitonggawa. Ni walangmakainyung pamilya, reregaluhan mo ng cake? Imbesturuan mo magsikapang masatinuturuan pa maging palaasa at tamad.

I'll agree this is an excellent proposal. Problem is the ones making the laws are the ones who benefit from these unethical practices. Law makers will never agree to pass such a law. Any one who does propose such a law will be ostracized by the majority and will never belong to the "big boys' club. Even urban poor groups will oppose this since they also benefit from the "benevolence" of candidates during the campaign period.

A clear example of our "leaders" perpetuating/reinforcing the mendicant mindset of the people.

I'll agree this is an excellent proposal. Problem is the ones making the laws are the ones who benefit from these unethical practices. Law makers will never agree to pass such a law. Any one who does propose such a law will be ostracized by the majority and will never belong to the "big boys' club. Even urban poor groups will oppose this since they also benefit from the "benevolence" of candidates during the campaign period.

A clear example of our "leaders" perpetuating/reinforcing the mendicant mindset of the people.

sorry for the typos hehehe.

Para sakin, dapat talaga ibawal ito, kasi isa ito sa mga pinakamatinding dahilan kung bakit hindi natitinag mga political families lalong lalo na sa probinsya. Kahit walang patulay, eskwelahan, maayos na ospital, iboboto ka sa balwarte mo basta regular ka magambag ng mga "supot" na ito na may kalahating kilo ng bigas, isang de lata, at isang noodles. Madali bilhin ang katapatan ng mga taong kakalam kalam sikmura. Ano ba paki ng mga yan kung wala ka naman kaalam alam sa pagpapatakbo ng probinsya. Basta kasama ka mamudmud ng erpat mong outgoing mayor, sa susunod na eleksyon landslide na panalo mo.

Isa pang nakakainis, yang mga pinapamigay hindi naman yan galing mismo sa local government, at lalong hindi galing sa bulsa ni mayor. Donasyon na yan dati pa ng mga kumpanya o tindahan. Madali naman sa totoo lang hingiin ang mga yan eh. Lalo kung gusto magbawas ng stock sa mga bodega. Tapos, dikitan mo sticker na may pangalan ni Gob at mayor, ayus!

Minsan nakasama ako sa medical mission para sa mga agta. Para sakin, natapos ang araw na wala naman akong naramdaman na fulfillment na nakatulong ako. Unang una, nung tapos na kami sa mga libreng check up at mamudmud, wala man lang tumulong samin magangkat ng gamit pabalik sa sasakyan. Ni "salamat" wala din! Isa pa, ano matutulong ng mga supot na yan? Isang saingan lang yan ubos na. Wala naman sustansya sa sardinas at noodles. Bukas ganun pa din sila.

Forgive me for saying this, Im not being racist or anything. May isa kasing nagsabi na ang katamaran daw natin hindi naman sa mga kastila namana kundi sa mga agta, kasi ang agta, pag di mo pakainin, hihilata lang yan buong araw. Sabi ko naman, panong di magbabago mga yan, eh pinapamihasa pa lalo.

sorry for the typos hehehe.

Para sakin, dapat talaga ibawal ito, kasi isa ito sa mga pinakamatinding dahilan kung bakit hindi natitinag mga political families lalong lalo na sa probinsya. Kahit walang patulay, eskwelahan, maayos na ospital, iboboto ka sa balwarte mo basta regular ka magambag ng mga "supot" na ito na may kalahating kilo ng bigas, isang de lata, at isang noodles. Madali bilhin ang katapatan ng mga taong kakalam kalam sikmura. Ano ba paki ng mga yan kung wala ka naman kaalam alam sa pagpapatakbo ng probinsya. Basta kasama ka mamudmud ng erpat mong outgoing mayor, sa susunod na eleksyon landslide na panalo mo.

Isa pang nakakainis, yang mga pinapamigay hindi naman yan galing mismo sa local government, at lalong hindi galing sa bulsa ni mayor. Donasyon na yan dati pa ng mga kumpanya o tindahan. Madali naman sa totoo lang hingiin ang mga yan eh. Lalo kung gusto magbawas ng stock sa mga bodega. Tapos, dikitan mo sticker na may pangalan ni Gob at mayor, ayus!

Minsan nakasama ako sa medical mission para sa mga agta. Para sakin, natapos ang araw na wala naman akong naramdaman na fulfillment na nakatulong ako. Unang una, nung tapos na kami sa mga libreng check up at mamudmud, wala man lang tumulong samin magangkat ng gamit pabalik sa sasakyan. Ni "salamat" wala din! Isa pa, ano matutulong ng mga supot na yan? Isang saingan lang yan ubos na. Wala naman sustansya sa sardinas at noodles. Bukas ganun pa din sila.

Forgive me for saying this, Im not being racist or anything. May isa kasing nagsabi na ang katamaran daw natin hindi naman sa mga kastila namana kundi sa mga agta, kasi ang agta, pag di mo pakainin, hihilata lang yan buong araw. Sabi ko naman, panong di magbabago mga yan, eh pinapamihasa pa lalo.

Ok lang ang typos.;) Ginamit mo siguro yung mobile phone mo kaya nahirapan ka mag post. Anyway I think you made your point quite clear. Nobody (except the squatters and the politicians who are campaigning) will disagree with this proposal.

Ok lang ang typos.;) Ginamit mo siguro yung mobile phone mo kaya nahirapan ka mag post. Anyway I think you made your point quite clear. Nobody (except the squatters and the politicians who are campaigning) will disagree with this proposal.

Honga eh, hirap magtype sa touch pad

I dont know kung naalala mo pa si Mang Pandoy. Nung presidential elections ng 1992, sumikat ito ng husto. Kinatawan mga mahihirap. Naging mukha at pangalan ng mga dukha. Syempre dahil sa kanyang 15-mins of fame, dumagsa biyaya sa kanya. Nabigyan ng baboy, bahay, binigyan ng trabaho sa munisipyo, may scholarship pa mga anak. Ano nangyari pagkatapos ni Ramos? Ayun namatay ng mahirap. Kinatay daw yung baboy kasi walang makain, naibenta ata bahay, ewan ko kung nagtuloy sa pagaaral mga anak, at at at, di nagtagal sa trabaho si Mang Pandoy, kasi may hika daw.

Ito ang dahilan kaya gusto ko talaga maalis kultura ng dole out. Hirap kasi sanay tayo sa beggar mentality. Kahit pa bigyan ng gobyerno tig-i-isang milyon mga yan, ilang buwan lang mahirap pa din sila. May dahilan kung bakit nabubuhay at namamatay silang mahirap. Pusta ako ng isang case ng beer at sisig, iresearch mo mga nanalo sa wowowee o mga gametime shows hindi naman umasenso buhay nila. Aanhin mo pangkabuhayan showcase na yan kung wala ka naman alam sa pagpapatakbo ng negosyo?

Simpleng suhestiyon:

Gamiting template sa lahat ng opisina ang attendance policy ng mga call centers.

-no grace period, 1 minute past the time is late

-May escalating sanctions ang repeated tardiness at absences which can lead to termination

-Required ang med cert sa one day SL