Dream School/s

• 2 weeks later...

DLSU-Manila scores big in licensure exams

Seventeen accountancy and engineering alumni grabbed the top spots in board examinations conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) recently. Eight from the Accountancy Department and nine from the College of Engineering made it to the Top 20, with De La Salle University-Manila seizing most of the first 10 places.

First placer Paul Michael Ang led the roster of successful examinees of the May 2006 Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Licensure Examinations. Other CPA board topnotchers from La Salle are Chloe Chizu Go (3rd), Ana Janice Esguerra (4th), Mary Josephine Tesalona (5th), William Benson Gan (6th), Michelle Ang (7th), Shirley Ann Mae Magtipon (13th), and Billy John Sia (19th).

The University registered a 72% passing percentage, almost triple the national passing percentage of 24%. The feat catapulted DLSU-Manila to the No. 1 rank among the schools with 100 or more examinees.

Graduates from the Civil Engineering Department likewise showed impressive performance in the May 2006 Civil Engineering Licensure Examination and earned six top rankings. These honors were reaped by Jeffrey Bernardo (2nd), Joel Cesarius Reyes (3rd), Harold Wayne Ratonel Cruz (7th), Mark Gil Constantino (15th), Dandy Sy (16th), and George William Hong (19th). The PRC recognized DLSU-Manila as the 4th among the top performing schools.

Three examinees from the Mechanical Engineering and the Electronics and Communications Engineering Departments also landed in the top 10. ME's Brilliant Chua and Ferline Tanya Ong were the first and sixth placers of the April 2006 Mechanical Engineering Licensure Examination, respectively.

Meanwhile, Klaribelle Obsum gained the 5th top spot in the April 2006 Electronics and Communications Engineering Board Exam. The overall performance of ME graduates in the board exam, earned for La Salle the number two ranking in terms of passing percentage among schools with 25-59 examinees. Eighty-eight percent passed against the national passing percentage of 45%.

DLSU-Manila scores big in licensure exams

Seventeen accountancy and engineering alumni grabbed the top spots in board examinations conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) recently. Eight from the Accountancy Department and nine from the College of Engineering made it to the Top 20, with De La Salle University-Manila seizing most of the first 10 places.

First placer Paul Michael Ang led the roster of successful examinees of the May 2006 Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Licensure Examinations. Other CPA board topnotchers from La Salle are Chloe Chizu Go (3rd), Ana Janice Esguerra (4th), Mary Josephine Tesalona (5th), William Benson Gan (6th), Michelle Ang (7th), Shirley Ann Mae Magtipon (13th), and Billy John Sia (19th).

The University registered a 72% passing percentage, almost triple the national passing percentage of 24%. The feat catapulted DLSU-Manila to the No. 1 rank among the schools with 100 or more examinees.

Graduates from the Civil Engineering Department likewise showed impressive performance in the May 2006 Civil Engineering Licensure Examination and earned six top rankings. These honors were reaped by Jeffrey Bernardo (2nd), Joel Cesarius Reyes (3rd), Harold Wayne Ratonel Cruz (7th), Mark Gil Constantino (15th), Dandy Sy (16th), and George William Hong (19th). The PRC recognized DLSU-Manila as the 4th among the top performing schools.

Three examinees from the Mechanical Engineering and the Electronics and Communications Engineering Departments also landed in the top 10. ME's Brilliant Chua and Ferline Tanya Ong were the first and sixth placers of the April 2006 Mechanical Engineering Licensure Examination, respectively.

Meanwhile, Klaribelle Obsum gained the 5th top spot in the April 2006 Electronics and Communications Engineering Board Exam. The overall performance of ME graduates in the board exam, earned for La Salle the number two ranking in terms of passing percentage among schools with 25-59 examinees. Eighty-eight percent passed against the national passing percentage of 45%.

Yep DLSU scores high mostly in the May board exams. For the November board exams it is usually UP which tops. Pag pinagsabay mo UP and La salle, syempre, alam nyo naman kung sino ang magtotop

UP or UST..

basta gusto ko magarki..

tapos next stop eh either NUS o HARVARD.. :lol:

B)

UP Arki ka na lang. To give you an idea, since I have the chance to see the design prowess of both (although many a-UP or UST architect would disagree or agree): UP Arki is more on project management, theory and design, while UST focuses on presentation and design. UP can handle macro-level architectural and urban development, while UST focuses on total building design.

Then go into Urban and Regional Planning!!!

I'm an Architect, but before I went into UP Arki, my first choice was UP Fine Arts, where the cool people are! Sayang, hindi ako pumasa sa talent exam hehehe...UP Conservatory of Music would have been nice, pero you need to have talent na agad para makapasok, and dadaan ka sa butas ng karayom daw sa interview and talent exams.

• 2 weeks later...

The ultimate dream school is Harvard but locally i have only chosen UP Diliman. For my undergrad, no brainer really because i didn't feel it was worth it to pay a lot more in tuition for Ateneo when the quality of education between UP and Ateneo is comparable.

For my graduate studies, i also didn't feel like paying more for AIM when the quality was comparable in UP.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...