The GLOBE Complaint Thread

^ED^GE^

Got their Superstick 3 mbps. Bad trip intermittent. P1299 a month pa naman tapos actual speedtest 500 kbps lang. Tried to refund my payment in less than a week ayaw pumayag kasi 24 months lock in period daw. Tsaka ang sabi naman daw sa ad nila eh "Up to 3mbps" meaning hindi guaranteed na aabot dun. Susme 500 kbps is like dial up. Highway robbery!

Dont ever get that Superstick.

suggestion, file a complaint with NTC and DTI.

• 1 month later...
Guest sivad9

how about their new globe tattoo super stick? any good? the device itself is kinda expensive!

Hi Rockchic,

The tattoo superstick emits wifi signals using Globe's network signal.

• If you happen to be in an area that has a weak signal (or has 2G or GPRS) this will also affect the quality of tattoo superstick's wifi. A good indicator of a weak signal is by looking on the number of signal bars on your phone.
  • If there is a good signal---especially 3G, the wifi connection is ok.
  • The wifi speed is also affected by the number of devices connected... I read the manual and it can accommodate max of 3 wifi enabled device. If all three are connected, the speed is divided.

To my experience, the tattoo superstick 1299 is quite reliable (but not very satisfactory) but in case I encounter or If I go to a weak Globe spot, I always have a back-up sun and smart prepaid SIM.

Thanks

Guest sivad9

nangyari na sa kin to then the guys from another forum helped me. if di mo din naman ginagamit ung internet pag nasa labas ka, turn off mo lang ung location services tapos imodify mo ung APN. hth

This happened to me before but below are helpful tips to avoid outrageous billing using an iphone:

• Set Cellular Data OFF
  • Remove APN address (internet.globe.com.ph)
  • Do not set-up any email account since this makes use of internet as well
  • Use wifi instead :)

For postpaid users, there is an add-on of 999Php to have unlimited internet (pricey though) :(

Guest Serenity12

Don't even try calling Globe's hotline if you have a problem connecting to Globe's prepaid service on your iPad. For some reason, the only solution they will give is for you to turn the unit on and off and try connecting again. I doubt if they even suspect the problem might be due to an incorrect APN address. ;)

Guest sivad9

Don't even try calling Globe's hotline if you have a problem connecting to Globe's prepaid service on your iPad. For some reason, the only solution they will give is for you to turn the unit on and off and try connecting again. I doubt if they even suspect the problem might be due to an incorrect APN address. ;)

I guess there really is lack of probing from Globe's hotline in troubleshooting the ipad / iphone. I always keep a note of the APN addresses:

Prepaid: http.globe.com.ph

Postpaid: internet.globe.com.ph

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually all of our lines are globe, then came ung globe tattoo nila n ang bagal ng pag surf m sa net kasi prepaid but if you tried the line medyo mabilis... the problem they did not inform properly ung charges n pinapatong nila, sa madaling sabi nag charge sila almost 9000 for 15 to 20 mins....so we brought this up to their attention but almost a year n d p din naaayos so naputol ung isang line... pati ung mga freebies namin dun sa 3 lines ayaw n nila ibigay dahil dun sa isang nagka problema n sila naman talaga may problem...meron pa ngang tumawag n legal na inamin n talagang problema nila ang tattoo sa pag surf dahil sa mga charges... nakakainis lng dahil pag call center m n i follow up der is no record n nakausap mo ung talagang legal nila.... papuputol k na nga ung mga lines but not 4now coz big thing sa business pag nagpalit k ulit ng number.... GLOBE Sucks!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

they'll make you gather all the documents and stuff for the freakin postpaid plan application and now yu're gonna tell me that i need to apply for a credit card so that i'll be approve!? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKIN' MIND GLOBE!? iniiwasan ko nga magka-credit card! FCUK! sana simula't sapul naka-lagay sa application form or sa ads na kelangan may CC ang mga applicants from BPO industry!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ka bad trip ang ng globe broadband, ang monthly charges daw nila ay 999, pero kapag dumating na ang bill umaabot na ang halos 1700. ang paliwanag nila sa 1st month lang talaga yun. pero ganun pa rin ng 2nd month. kaya ang ginawa ang sabi ko putulin na lang. pero kahit ang service nila inabot pa ng tatlong buwan bago nila maputol. hindi na kasi ako nagbayad. ang dami ko kayang sobrang bayad sa kanila.

Nakareceive ako ng disconnection notice from Globe since 3 months na ata ako di nakakabayad (phone and internet). Kaya di ako nakakabayad kasi wala naman sila pinapadala bills. This same issue happened a few months ago, ganun din ilan months di nagdedeliver ng bills. Then after ko ireport sa customer service, surprisingly nadeliver yung bills a few days later. Yung iba ko din kakilala ganito din experience sa Globe. Tamad ba talaga delivery center nila?

I thought mine was an isolated case. I empathize to all the subscribers of Globe for the provider's bad services coz I experienced one too.

Way back 2007, I got an 800 plan from them with free HP Ipaq good for 24 months. That 800 plan is NOT an 800 plan because of the hidden charges. Nakakabwisit! There was an additional charge of P200+ everytime I receive my bill.

Another problem came after 22 months. I was able to receive call and text messages but I can't send text messages or even call. I called up their hotline and the operator told me there was just a slight problem in my area (I was in Pampanga that time) and repairs will be done after 1 day. Several days had passed and the problem still persisted. I went to the Globe branch at SM Clark but the attendant there told me I should go to the branch where I got the phone so they can replace the sim. WTF!?

Then, I called up their call center to inform them I won't pay anymore until they replace my sim. It didn't happen. For 12 months, I received demand letters from them but I didn't mind. I did not pay them. Serves them right for their bad service.

Actually all of our lines are globe, then came ung globe tattoo nila n ang bagal ng pag surf m sa net kasi prepaid but if you tried the line medyo mabilis... the problem they did not inform properly ung charges n pinapatong nila, sa madaling sabi nag charge sila almost 9000 for 15 to 20 mins....so we brought this up to their attention but almost a year n d p din naaayos so naputol ung isang line... pati ung mga freebies namin dun sa 3 lines ayaw n nila ibigay dahil dun sa isang nagka problema n sila naman talaga may problem...meron pa ngang tumawag n legal na inamin n talagang problema nila ang tattoo sa pag surf dahil sa mga charges... nakakainis lng dahil pag call center m n i follow up der is no record n nakausap mo ung talagang legal nila.... papuputol k na nga ung mga lines but not 4now coz big thing sa business pag nagpalit k ulit ng number.... GLOBE Sucks!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

similar thing happened to 3 years ago. When there was a big over charge, I asked to cut the broadband, but it took them 6 months to cut it tsk-tsk!

ka bad trip ang ng globe broadband, ang monthly charges daw nila ay 999, pero kapag dumating na ang bill umaabot na ang halos 1700. ang paliwanag nila sa 1st month lang talaga yun. pero ganun pa rin ng 2nd month. kaya ang ginawa ang sabi ko putulin na lang. pero kahit ang service nila inabot pa ng tatlong buwan bago nila maputol. hindi na kasi ako nagbayad. ang dami ko kayang sobrang bayad sa kanila.

ganyan na ganyan nangyari sa akin kelan lang. May tumawag "as a loyal globe subscriber we're offering you P495 1 mbps..." I said "naka destiny ako P998 1.5 mbps" "I'll offer you P1,295 2 mbps + landline, no installation fee, no CI, and if you'll switch from destiny I'll bring it down further to P997". Nag agree ako, may recorded Over The Air agreement pa. In a few days dumating na Globe at kinabit na. Aba after 1 week dumating ang Bill P1995 minus P330. Nagreklamo ako hinahanap ko yung agreement. Di daw maaaccess. Bibigyan na lang daw ako 1 month free. Di ako pumayag. An agreement is an agreement. Dinedeny nila na may inooffer silang ganun eh sino nagkabit ng Modem at telepono sa bahay kung walang agreement? Pinaputol ko na lang. Putol na telepono pero gumagana pa rin internet.

Yung Superstick sinama ko na sa reklamo ko. Sabi nila for P1299 7 mbps na effective yesterday. Di nila magets eh no. Kahit 100 mbps pa yan bale wala din kung ang natatanggap ko naman na speed eh 500 kbps!

• 2 weeks later...

similar thing happened to 3 years ago. When there was a big over charge, I asked to cut the broadband, but it took them 6 months to cut it tsk-tsk!

buti k p 6 mos... kami up to now hindi maayos ung line namin to think n ginagamit namin ito sa business kaya till now d p namin maputol putol. ayaw lng namin mahirapan ung ibang cocontact sa amin kaya ayaw makipagsapalarang palitan ng ibang telecom company... sana namn matuto n sila ng tuluyan silang mamayagpag sa industry ng telecom ;) ;) ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used my postpaid sim on a tattoo. I browsed at the most 30 minutes. Came my bill, a whopping 3,000 for that 30 minutes of surfing..Wow!

To think I'm a Globe postpaid subscriber for almost 10 years and I have 2 accounts with them.. Much for their customer care!