The GLOBE Complaint Thread

^ED^GE^

try calling 211. 1st Q, how can i help? then you rant and detail your problem. after that, the stupid operator will say, before anyrhing else, can i have you name first. nakakainis! dapat tinanong na muna ang pangalan mo bago ka pinadaldal sa problema mo. siempre after getting your name, ano uli ang problema sir?

globe's speak and surf s*cks bigtime!

had my subscription for almost 4 months then suddenly nawalang ng signal ung modem ko.. tried calling their CS.. reason daw is because of some devices that NAIA installed kaya nagka problem yung internet connection ko. they were not able to resolve the issue until naputol na ung globe ko.. i didn't pay it kasi they were still asking me to pay to whole amount even if walang signal yung internet connection ko!

yung globe dsl okay na for the price they are offering. what really gets me angry is the racket they have with their cellphone service.

i have made several complaints about their catxtcism charges. this is the charge when the subscriber replies to a txt sent thru the chikka computer program. i have asked them to bar all txt messages from the chikka network but they said it cannot be done.

the worst part is I DID NOT solicit the service and they are forcing me to accept such service. it is impossible to determine whether the texter sent the message thru the chikka next work unless one carefully takes a look at the cel phone number at the end of the message.

the problem is when one receives a message, his immediate action is to press reply without taking a look at the senders number. YAN ang RACKET kasi ang mahal ng txt pag reply mo. P2.50 ang bawat txt.

actually it is not the amount, but the principle that the subscriber did not solicit the service but Globe is forcing the service to earn more money kasi mas mahal pag nag reply ka.

RAKET TALAGA!!!!!!!

Di ba kahit SMART nakakareceive din ng message from Chikka?

try calling 211. 1st Q, how can i help? then you rant and detail your problem. after that, the stupid operator will say, before anyrhing else, can i have you name first. nakakainis! dapat tinanong na muna ang pangalan mo bago ka pinadaldal sa problema mo. siempre after getting your name, ano uli ang problema sir?

hehehe..youre not alone, tol. ganyan din nangyario sa akin.some of their staff are completely naive ata or just dont care much.

• 2 weeks later...

Sa mga naka Globe Wireless Broadband:

These past 2 days I experienced something peculiar..bordering on annoying..everytime mag-o-online ako kumakagat naman..nakakapagdownload din...kaya lang napansin ko 10-15 minutes after ako mag-online hindi na ako nakaka-surf!! ayaw magbukas sa mga pages, kahit ano..what's peculiar dun e yung limewire gumagana..yung skype, YM, at windows live gumagana..bukod tanging browsing/surfing ayaw..help!

firefox ang gamit ko..ang alam ko naman ito ang pinaka-compatible sa lahat ng mga browser

These past 2 days I experienced something peculiar..bordering on annoying..everytime mag-o-online ako kumakagat naman..nakakapagdownload din...kaya lang napansin ko 10-15 minutes after ako mag-online hindi na ako nakaka-surf!! ayaw magbukas sa mga pages, kahit ano..what's peculiar dun e yung limewire gumagana..yung skype, YM, at windows live gumagana..bukod tanging browsing/surfing ayaw..help!

firefox ang gamit ko..ang alam ko naman ito ang pinaka-compatible sa lahat ng mga browser

try changing your settings

instead of only WCDMA, changed it to preferred WCDMA

i had a problem with globelines statements!!! it wont show when you paid it. Also, i had an argument sa ofc nila sa megmall, kasi sa statement ko zero balance ako, at may credit pa kasi double pay, tapos they claimed hindi ko raw bayad yon at nagkamali sila, sabihin natin nagkamali nga, they should have notified me of the error, they even had the nerve to reprint my statement showing their calculations wherein i have one that says differently!!! ang gulo nila!

try changing your settings

instead of only WCDMA, changed it to preferred WCDMA

Hey Boss Brutus! Musta? Ano ba bago satin? hehehe..

Pre, ano ba mangyayari pag-ganun ang ginawa ko? kasi baka magka-leche-leche ang linya e..nakapangalan sa utol ko yung line hindi sa akin..salamas!

yung globe dsl okay na for the price they are offering. what really gets me angry is the racket they have with their cellphone service.

i have made several complaints about their catxtcism charges. this is the charge when the subscriber replies to a txt sent thru the chikka computer program. i have asked them to bar all txt messages from the chikka network but they said it cannot be done.

the worst part is I DID NOT solicit the service and they are forcing me to accept such service. it is impossible to determine whether the texter sent the message thru the chikka next work unless one carefully takes a look at the cel phone number at the end of the message.

the problem is when one receives a message, his immediate action is to press reply without taking a look at the senders number. YAN ang RACKET kasi ang mahal ng txt pag reply mo. P2.50 ang bawat txt.

actually it is not the amount, but the principle that the subscriber did not solicit the service but Globe is forcing the service to earn more money kasi mas mahal pag nag reply ka.

RAKET TALAGA!!!!!!!

If your complaining of the CHIKA txt na natatangap mo. well its not with in the hand ng GLobe...

CHIKA is a diff entity (tama ba ako?) ibang program siya at hindi siya services ng globe or smart or sun..

nakiki ride lng ang Chika.com sa network ng mga provider......(same lng siya ng Yahoo messenger na pag nag reply ka eh me bayad ka or yun SMS.ACA)

be aware na lang sa natatangap mo na txt kung chika siya or not at wag masyado mabilis ang finger sa pag reply.

No offence po.. peace

Guest Leviticus
If your complaining of the CHIKA txt na natatangap mo. well its not with in the hand ng GLobe...

CHIKA is a diff entity (tama ba ako?) ibang program siya at hindi siya services ng globe or smart or sun..

nakiki ride lng ang Chika.com sa network ng mga provider......(same lng siya ng Yahoo messenger na pag nag reply ka eh me bayad ka or yun SMS.ACA)

be aware na lang sa natatangap mo na txt kung chika siya or not at wag masyado mabilis ang finger sa pag reply.

No offence po.. peace

i believe it also depends on the cellphone you have. usually kasi kapag nokia ang cellphone mo tapos chikka text dumating, it would register as the other person's number.

I'm using an alcatel phone. kung may magtext sa akin na chikka lalabas ang chikka ID and not the name of the sender. i added it to my phonebook as the person's chikka number.

^^^tama sir!

made an experiment using my phone and internet..mag-reregister talaga as the person's cell number..

kaya for me ginagawa ko either inform the one I'm texting not to reply to my text coz I'm using chikka..or better yet I made a new account, registering not with my celfone but through the internet where I don't have to register my cel#..then pagnag-text ako lalabas sa kabilang party yung chikka ID ko not my cel number...I just asked them to reply to my first text so that the subsequent ones that I will send won't be blocked by Chikka (via spamguard)..

peace!

I always use chikka and i always made it a habit to put a "this is a chikka message" line at the last part.. That way aware ang person that I am using chikka messenger.. Dapat yung person na nagpapadala sa yo nang chikka message ay meron namang etiquette na magpaalaman that he/she is using chikka....

I have yet to encounter problems with globe. I'm a fan of their globe gcash. Fast, safe and convenient....

Yung mga complaints against globe are also the same complaints against smart ... Actually depende lang yun sa branch and their corresponding personnels. You may have a smiling pretty representative at this branch and you may encounter the complete opposite at the other branch..

Same lang yun sa mga restaurants and banks.. How many times have you experienced that this branch serves better and communicates better than it's counterpart from another location??? depende lang talaga yun...

Last night, I had a very bad experience with a Globe Customer Service Supervisor named Zandeelim. I am a postpaid user and in the process of getting a prepaid second "emergency" phone, so probably part due to my unfamiliarity with scratching and my high regard for the quality of the phone card, I experienced overscratching of phone card, to mean that I am unable to read the last digit of the pin. I called up their customer service, gave Globe the call card serial number, the call and text card number and the first four digits of the pin. To this the girl said she had to report the matter to their technical who will complete investigation. I asked how long, and she replied "3 to 5 days". I asked how could it take so long when I already gave her all info regarding card and that they even checked that card was still valid and unused. To this she replied that she is unable to give me the last digit "in order to protect me". From what and whom? Ano ba namang sagot ito?

Medyo asar na ako na parang pakiramdam ko ginagago ako, pero I tried to remain cool (they obviously taped the conversation, and I can prove I was still cool inspite of being irritated and pissed) At this time, the girl then said that customer service had no access to the pin number. I asked who did, and they said their technical. I asked from whom in their technical would I follow up. The girl said words to the effect that "I wish I could give you his name but you have to talk to me". Obviously they did not want me to talk to their technical and they just wanted me to wait and go through their process, which will take 3 to 5 days.

Ano ang learning ko sa experience na ito? Obviously Globe has a very mistaken concept of customer service, na instead of providing quick assistance ay patatagalin pa at pahihirapan pa ang customer. Kaya siguro nakakarma ang mga Ayala dahil sa ganitong konsepto na matinding pagkaganid.

:sadsmiley02:

globebroadband has some bad connection d2 sa cavite. they got my connection disconnected for 5 days. tried calling them and even go to there ofc at bacoor kaso wala pa rin sila ginawa. all that they can say sorry pls bear with us we got our connection failure. pero dun sa comp shop ko na broadband din ang connection from globe hinde naman nasisira connection. Damn s@%t kung wala lang lock in period yun contract pinadisconnect ko na yung internet ko sa bahay 2k per month and what the hell is that connection they are giving me. Sana mayroon mas matinong internet provider d2 sa cavite...

• 1 month later...

I recently had a bad experience with globe, where I lost more than 320 credits. I reported the matter and spoke to the agent, was advice a report has been created and wait 24hour. Called back around 2 or 4hr after, was advice that the matter was not recorded. I got upset, the agent assisted me adv 24hr and i will get 240 and the 80 (unlitxt) will be credit after 3 days. I wait 24hr. I didn't receive it. I called back and spoke to another rep after loading again and was advice that they have a landline to call to globe. I said why is it no longer being informed to the people and rather that everyone should call 211. agent apologized about it. Adv me within an hour will get the credit. I did get the 240 within the hour. The 80 however i wasn't able to get it. I called back and the rep hang up on me. I called back after 10min and complained about the rep. I don't care if it's dec... I am not being heartless, but heck why would you hang up on me. Found out that the amount was canceled. I asked why? I asked to speak to his superior and he said he can't get one.. nice... but he said he will take ownership. He did text me back to confirm if i got it. I got the load, no idea what happened to the previous rep.. should i check.. nah.. why bother or should i?

• 2 weeks later...
...i have made several complaints about their catxtcism charges. this is the charge when the subscriber replies to a txt sent thru the chikka computer program. i have asked them to bar all txt messages from the chikka network but they said it cannot be done.

RAKET TALAGA!!!!!!!

FYI ONLY

Actually, that's not a network fault. It's how Phones interpret the phone number being sent. Number Format that is somewhat similar to this: 09171234567 and 09181234567 is interpreted by Phones as the same number. If you notice, the last 7 digits (which is the actual phone/mobile number) is where the logic is being derived from.

And yes, Globe CAN NOT bar messages from Chikka or any similar Text Messaging Services UNLESS it's their own (e.g. Ringback).

YOU have an option to BLOCK messages from Chikka and similar services. For whenever you receive a Text Message from Chikka, a part of those messages (yes, there are several messages being sent if the Chikka User sent you a message for the 1st time) will inform you if you want to BLOCK the sender. You just have to text some keyword (which is already specified in the text message) to a specific number. THIS WILL ONLY BLOCK THE SENDER NOT THE SERVICE ITSELF.

Added info. Messages from Chikka, and the likes, have a special format. From there, you can already distinguish it's difference from an ordinary text message.

Example

From {user}

{Message here}

Another added info. Here is a sample of how similar text messaging service use TelCos:

Example

Sending Flow

Chikka --> Data Provider --> TelCos (Globe, Smart, etc.) --> Subscriber

Receiving Flow

Subscriber --> TelCos --> Data Provider --> Chikka

As you can see, there is a "Middle Man". This is the "Data Providers". These providers has to have a contract/license/permit from the TelCos and/or NTC (not so sure about NTC). This means, "Data Providers" are clients of the TelCos. And "Chikka" and any similar Text Services are client of the "Data Providers".

Data Providers are given "Access Numbers". Examples are 2336, 2331, 2371, or 888. IF TelCos decided to block a service of any Data Providers, they have to block the Data Providers itself.

IMHO, some or most of the problems that was posted here was not even the fault of the TelCo. You just have to follow or read simple guidelines which are, usually, indicated in the card, text message, and/or brochures (and others).

IF there, really, is a problem, end-users (the subscribers for this instance) can not explain it properly for the Customer Service to assist them properly. So, the representative would give them a general fix, workaround, and/or wait for some time for it to be addressed or fixed. From there, there is a little to no possibility that it will be resolved.

This is just my observations of what was posted here. I'm not saying that TelCos have no fault. I'm just saying that you (the subscriber) should be responsible enough to remember what you did before having the problem OR to, at least, know all the necessary info that pertains to s specific service. The COMMON ERROR here is that subscribers ASSUME that all TelCos have the same procedure because they are offering the same services. From there, subscribers end up comparing this TelCo to the other TelCo just because they had a bad experience.

MY Conclusion:

As to availing any services, BE INFORMED. ASK QUESTIONS. When you already have all the facts and you are satisfied with it, that is the time to try that service.

I hope this could enlighten those who are being misled.