Free Medical Advice

papable

Can anyone recommend a good gastroenterologist in st. Lukes or capitol medical center? Laging sumasakit sikmura after drinking coffee. Minsan kapag after kumain or iinom ng tubig. Masakit parang burning sensation sa ilalim lang ng dibdib. I'am Suspecting ulcer or gerd ba yun? Dati nawawala after a day or two pero napapadalas na ngayon lalo na after consuming alcohol.

Thanks.

yes. it could be either or both.

pm sent.

• 2 weeks later...

Ask ko lang if safe and effective ung nordette. Uminom ung gf ko less than 12 hrs after our intercourse. Safe day naman nia un kasi 3 days sia before her expected mens. Kaya lang I ejaculated inside her kasi d ko n withdraw agad. Is there a chance na mabuntis sia?

Hi, ask ko lang po. May problem po kasi ako with my back. Para bang lagi ko po siyang gustong unatin nang unatin po. Yung pakiramdam na para pong gusto niyong baliin yung likuran po. Exaggerated, but that's how I feel sometimes. Sometimes I also hold my breath to feel my back. Ano po kaya 'to?

Baka pwersado ang mga back muscles mo kaya parang stiff ang pakiramdam. This is a problem often overlooked in people who work in the office na prolonged sitting ang problema especially those who work long periods on a laptop. If you do desk work, for every hour na nakaupo, take five to ten minutes to stand up and stretch.

• 3 weeks later...

high blood pressure is a bitch!

starting 5 years ago, i became very active and started healthy eating. since then i have lost 70lbs (from 250 to 180lbs).. i don't smoke, drink, i avoid processed food, i avoid fried foods, i do a lot of cardio (bike, run, swim) and weights.. but still i have high bp, 130/110.. now i have to take maintenance meds.

Regarding Hypertension, there's a lot of factors to consider:

a) Family History- If both sides have it (most likely you'll have it in the future!)

B) Life style and eating habit - eat healthy , live healthy. don't smoke, avoid excessive alcohol drinking, exercise at least 30 mins everyday. avoid sweets, fatty, salty, soft drinks, sweets and too much food. Lastly maintain this lifestyle and stick to your diet.

c) Previously Hypertensive - if you had been a diagnosed hypertensive patient, it sticks with you for the rest of your life man. Now, what you can do is life style modification and if its that bad you get maintenance meds and you have to stick with it, otherwise you can get the nasty complications like stroke . HPN can f#&k up your your whole body especially your brain, heart and kidneys.

d) Pain?Hot and Humid temp? exercise recently before checking BP- these are other factors to consider as they all contribute to elevating heart rate which affects your BP

e) regular check up with your MD- your doctor will ask your about whole medical history and prev. meds taken.From this he'll ask some labs regarding your condition and give your meds tailored to it. Don't forget to Follow-up regularly.

with this, live long and prosper :D

Just a follow up question, when can my gf take a PT to check if nordette was effective

Tell your GF to take PT 2 weeks after your last intercourse. It's usually by this time the hormone which the PT picks up elevates

Hi, I'm having pain right below the heart, I presume, whenever I inhale deeply. Although the pain doesn't radiate anywhere except for that part. Can someone enlighten me on what could this be? Thank you in advance. :)

Hi. It could be costochondritis or muscle pain, in all likelihood.

But then again, I would advise that you seek MD consult and get an ECG asap.

Left-sided chest pain could mean a variety of possibilities -- from muscle pain to stable / unstable angina to an actual myocardial infarction.

I wouldn't proceed to ask you questions to arrive at a diagnosis because I prefer that you see do an actual MD consult, which could

never be substituted by whatever advice we give here :)

Edited by ermita rojo

Hi. It could be costochondritis or muscle pain, in all likelihood.

But then again, I would advise that you seek MD consult and get an ECG asap.

Left-sided chest pain could mean a variety of possibilities -- from muscle pain to stable / unstable angina to an actual myocardial infarction.

I wouldn't proceed to ask you questions to arrive at a diagnosis because I prefer that you see do an actual MD consult, which could

never be substituted by whatever advice we give here :)

Hi, thank you for your answer. Will get professional advice as soon as possible. Thanks again :D

Hi, I'm having pain right below the heart, I presume, whenever I inhale deeply. Although the pain doesn't radiate anywhere except for that part. Can someone enlighten me on what could this be? Thank you in advance. :)

My take on chest pain.

Divided into

1. Those that may k*ll you

a. Can k*ll you right away

b. Can k*ll you later

2. Not likely will k*ll you

Now cause depends on many things but they all boil down to probability.

You chest pain story sounds very benign, muscle and bone. Description of chest pain does not make diagnosis or rule out any diagnosis. It can increase probability of one diagnosis but does not elliminate other causes. Most causes of chest pain does not follow text book description, they have to be tested.

Regardless of the type and description of your pain, if you are old, has relatives with heart attack and stroke, or die prematurely, has diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol, there is a good probability you may have heart disease.

If you have the above plus chest pain that comes on after heavy meal, increasing activities like running, working in the yard, going up 2-3 flights of stairs and gets a little better with rest, probability of heart disease is very high. You need to see your doctor immediately, meaning in the next 24-48 hours. If your pain is persistent, or recurring frequently even at rest, you have to go to ER now.

Other causes that can k*ll you right away includes

Pneumonthorax

Dissecting aneurysm

Pulmonary embolism

Again probability depends on your circumstances.

Pain that may k*ll you later:

Pneumonia and other infections

Cancer

Pancreatitis

Gallbladder disease sometimes

Other unusual cases

Pain that will not likely k*ll you include

Muscle

Bone

Gallbladder disease

Stomach problems

Esophageal issues

Psyche issues

Radiculopathies

This is not a comprehensive list

The likelyhood depends on your circumstances

The tests depends on pre test probabilities

Most common cause of pain in somebody less than 55 is usually benign.

They are only benign if the tests for serious causes are negative.

Good luck.

Edited by omegared
  • 2 weeks later...

what i gave you was PROFESSIONAL advice.

Go get a PROFESSIONAL physical consult :)

Hi, you were right. The doctor said it was costochondritis and pneumonia? Haven't gotten through with the details... She just gave me meds and vitamins. Anyways, thank you Sir for your professional advice. :)

My take on chest pain.

Divided into

1. Those that may k*ll you

a. Can k*ll you right away

b. Can k*ll you later

2. Not likely will k*ll you

Now cause depends on many things but they all boil down to probability.

You chest pain story sounds very benign, muscle and bone. Description of chest pain does not make diagnosis or rule out any diagnosis. It can increase probability of one diagnosis but does not elliminate other causes. Most causes of chest pain does not follow text book description, they have to be tested.

Regardless of the type and description of your pain, if you are old, has relatives with heart attack and stroke, or die prematurely, has diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol, there is a good probability you may have heart disease.

If you have the above plus chest pain that comes on after heavy meal, increasing activities like running, working in the yard, going up 2-3 flights of stairs and gets a little better with rest, probability of heart disease is very high. You need to see your doctor immediately, meaning in the next 24-48 hours. If your pain is persistent, or recurring frequently even at rest, you have to go to ER now.

Other causes that can k*ll you right away includes

Pneumonthorax

Dissecting aneurysm

Pulmonary embolism

Again probability depends on your circumstances.

Pain that may k*ll you later:

Pneumonia and other infections

Cancer

Pancreatitis

Gallbladder disease sometimes

Other unusual cases

Pain that will not likely k*ll you include

Muscle

Bone

Gallbladder disease

Stomach problems

Esophageal issues

Psyche issues

Radiculopathies

This is not a comprehensive list

The likelyhood depends on your circumstances

The tests depends on pre test probabilities

Most common cause of pain in somebody less than 55 is usually benign.

They are only benign if the tests for serious causes are negative.

Good luck.

Thank you Sir for your long response. I'm alright now. It was costochondrities and pneumonia. :) Thank you so much for your help. Have a pleasant day :)

Hi, you were right. The doctor said it was costochondritis and pneumonia? Haven't gotten through with the details... She just gave me meds and vitamins. Anyways, thank you Sir for your professional advice. :)

Uhmm, doc Ermita is DRA Ermita....

Just wanted to know on where to have a general check-up? Gusto ko kasi patingin tong bulging tummy ko and i think i have a nasal polyps narin because i've been experiencing in declining my sense of smell and taste for about 70% na.

May mare-recommend ba kayo maybe around the metro lang sana and how much will it cost?

TiA for the response. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...