Free Medical Advice

papable

good day doctors!i would like to ask if anabolic steroids are safe to use?

Personally, I wouldn't really recommend it. Anabolic steroids can cause many side effects, including changes in the cholesterol levels (bad cholesterol goes up, good cholesterol goes down), increases the risk of coronary artery disease and cardiovascular disease, can cause gynecomastia (development of breast tissue in guys), and may even reduce sexual function and infertility in males.

ms.mwah or dr. mwah!i just the anabolic steroids to firm up my abdomenal muscle.what will be your suggesstion in my inquiry?thanx

joe_chool, let me give you something to think about....you are willing to use steroids to get a firm abdomen. WHY? to make yourself attractive to the opposite sex? good luck then, as a common side-effect of steroids is the loss of sexual function. to put it simply, maganda nga ang tiyan mo, wala ka naman na performance. next, gusto mo ba ng boobs? thats another common side-effect. try explaining to a chick how come your boobs are bigger than hers.....

and that would be the least of your worries. steroids are not something you play with, people! i know of three friends na weightlifters in their 30s now waiting for kidney transplants. WHY? sumuko ang mga kidneys nila due to steroid use. this is on top of what Mwah has already said. in short, you will be toning your muscles at the expense of your kidneys, liver, heart, and stressing your bones. put it plainly, lets say 1 day of steroid use= 15 weeks off your life.

also, please remember that steroid use is not natural. the moment you stop taking it, everything reverts back to how it looked.

good day docs!

inquire ko lang kung ano ang opinions nyo about augmentin? a derma gave me a mediacation for this instead of cloxacilin. how safe po ito?

Augmentin is a relatively new and effective preparation. if your derma gave it instead of cloxa, i wouldn't second guess her. its a good reliable antibiotic a step or two higher than cloxa

• 2 weeks later...

docs,

i have two questions,

recently pag umuubo ako parang hirap huminga tapos nat plegm,

ive been taking antibiotics na paiba piba ang nareiseta sakin

pero hinde pa gumagaling. ano kaya ito?

mahirap mag diagnose ng hindi na-P.E. but you can have a chest x-ray then tingnan natin ang result. pag negative most probably allergy ang cause(heto ay kung NEGATIVE ang x-ray) but then again mas maganda kung makita ka for exam.

Edited by otitismedia

A few days ago while I was on my way home, I experienced chest pains, shortness of breath, palpitations and at the same time I wanted to throw up - that was the 1st time that I experienced that - it lasted for 20-30 minutes. What could i have been? Too much cigs, an underlying heart problem (by the way, i have bradychardia - based from my annual physical exams) or was it just a case of panic attack?

A few days ago while I was on my way home, I experienced chest pains, shortness of breath, palpitations and at the same time I wanted to throw up - that was the 1st time that I experienced that - it lasted for 20-30 minutes. What could i have been? Too much cigs, an underlying heart problem (by the way, i have bradychardia - based from my annual physical exams) or was it just a case of panic attack?

i'm afraid, samanthajones, that you might have to go in for a consult. there are quite a few conditions that can cause palpitations, chest pains, and shortness of breath. it could be as simple as anxiety to other, nastier conditions. you might also have to undergo some exams to get a good diagnosis. treatment could also vary.

case in point, my wife was also suffering from episodes like the one described. several tests later, we found out it was due to hormonal imbalances due to early pregnancy :)

i'm afraid, samanthajones, that you might have to go in for a consult. there are quite a few conditions that can cause palpitations, chest pains, and shortness of breath. it could be as simple as anxiety to other, nastier conditions. you might also have to undergo some exams to get a good diagnosis. treatment could also vary.

case in point, my wife was also suffering from episodes like the one described. several tests later, we found out it was due to hormonal imbalances due to early pregnancy :)

Thanks Doc!

Should seek consult from a cardiologist?

12 years ago, I was advised to get an ECG test since my heart rate was kinda slow than the usual and I also complained of occasional stabbing chest pains.

So when I did, the doctors said I have bradychardia(nothing that i should worry about) and the doctor prescribed pain relievers for the chest pains. I haven't been experiencing the stabbing chest pain since I was 19 until last month.

Thanks Doc!

Should seek consult from a cardiologist?

12 years ago, I was advised to get an ECG test since my heart rate was kinda slow than the usual and I also complained of occasional stabbing chest pains.

So when I did, the doctors said I have bradychardia(nothing that i should worry about) and the doctor prescribed pain relievers for the chest pains. I haven't been experiencing the stabbing chest pain since I was 19 until last month.

agree. get an ECG. check your thyroid function.

but first see a doctor.

mahirap mag diagnose ng hindi na-P.E. but you can have a chest x-ray then tingnan natin ang result. pag negative most probably allergy ang cause(heto ay kung NEGATIVE ang x-ray) but then again mas maganda kung makita ka for exam.

takutin kita para magpatingin ka. pudeng allergy. pudeng TB. pudeng COPD.

daming puede no?

if you're the typical pinoy patient, you probably went to a doctor, got a prescription, it didn't work, went to another doctor, got another prescription, it didn't work then went to another doctor.... etc etc.

if your meds don't work, go back to the same doctor who prescribed it, (at least once, if he hasn't got it right after a few consults, it's perfectly okay to get a second opinion)... medicine isn't an exact science and that's why we ask you to follow-up whether or not symptoms have cleared.

if i'm wrong about you sue me.

hi im posting here for my girlfriend who is in dubai.(mahal daw kasi consultation and walang kwenta mga sinasabi ng doktor)

she feel pain below her chest yung parang tinutusok and sobrang nahihina sya and laging nasakit ang ulo. minsan daw para syang mahihimatay. tapos last day pati sa braso na nya yung pakiramdam na tumutusok.

and pag minsan sa umaga pag gising e d daw sya makatayo kaya d sya nakakapasok. kasi sobra nga daw siyang naghihina. and pakiramdam nya daw e giniginaw pero gusto ng malamig na tubig.

hope someone knows the symptoms.

hi im posting here for my girlfriend who is in dubai.(mahal daw kasi consultation and walang kwenta mga sinasabi ng doktor)

she feel pain below her chest yung parang tinutusok and sobrang nahihina sya and laging nasakit ang ulo. minsan daw para syang mahihimatay. tapos last day pati sa braso na nya yung pakiramdam na tumutusok.

and pag minsan sa umaga pag gising e d daw sya makatayo kaya d sya nakakapasok. kasi sobra nga daw siyang naghihina. and pakiramdam nya daw e giniginaw pero gusto ng malamig na tubig.

hope someone knows the symptoms.

Your post is somewhat confusing. Considering that your narrative is second degree information and that the complaints are non-specific, no physician in this thread will ever be able to make something out of it. She has no choice but to consult a physician in her locality. A physician who can physically examine her is better than someone who did not see her.

hello anglebyday! ^_^. Thanks for answering my pm.

I might as well post it here sa thread ulit.....

=========================

if you guys still remember nag post ako dito dati na the prev 2-3 doc from med city said may hyperV daw po ako....

so ito na ang karugtong...

hangang ngayon meron ako... at lumalala na. I asked the company doctor to check out my "physical" parts... pero wala talaga makita...

hirap na hirap na ako... lagi nalang ako napapagalitan sa trabaho coz lagi akong nasa clinic. I can't afford to be absent kasi bibigyan na ako nang memo....

about 3 days ago bigla akong nahilo. nahirapan huminga. kala ko hihimatayin ako (that would be a first time if ever). pero inisip ko nalang na was paapekto... hangang sa binitbit na talaga ako sa clinic :lol:

ang hirap nang situation na cluless ka sa mga dapat mong gawin. lalo akong nasestress kakaisip sa mga magpapagaling sakin... I can't ask for a sick leave kasi di naman daw sakit ito. Baka nga iniisip nila na nagiinarte lang ako.

ngayon, my left tumb is stiff and di ko sya magalaw. kahapon pa ito....

Do you think It's stress related? the company doctor keeps on asking me kung kaya ko pa magtrabaho sa company (DELL - BPO). right now I'm having problems narin sa pagtulog (sleep disorder). as I type this, Ive been awake for 32hrs....

Good speed and thanks again