• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Medical Advice

papable

Yup, sounds like hyperventilation syndrome.

Questions :

- Bakit ngayon lang ito nangyari sakin? dahil ba stressed na talaga ako?

--you may not know it or admit it to yourself pero ngayon ka lang siguro nastress o napagod. of course kelangan magpacheckup ka na din to rule out any organic cause/health problem leading you to stress out

- do i need to do something para di na ulit mangyari ito?

--mukhang may ginagawa ka naman, at least narecognize mo na. as a quick relief try breathing in and out of a brown paper bag once you get the symptoms

- nakakahawa ba ito?

--nopes

- may mga dapat ba ako iwasan?

--iwas sa mga bagay na nakaka-'stress' sa katawan. don't take too much coffee, don't smoke. get enough sleep.

- may mga dapat ba akong i take to prevent this?

--take the meds the doctor gave you, usually mga anxiolytics yan or drugs to reduce anxiety. otherwise psychotherapy with a psychiatrist can help

Thanks po at pasensya na sa haba nang post ko na ito :P

• 4 weeks later...

ask ko lang mga boss, pag kasi dumudumi ako meron fresh blood minsan madami, minsan kaunti, hard or soft stool pa siya, sabi sakin ng isang doc mild almuranas daw or prone, ngaun worry nako kasi madami ng dugo, wala nman ain during defecation..mainit lang butthole after defecatoon.help pls.tia

ask ko lang mga boss, pag kasi dumudumi ako meron fresh blood minsan madami, minsan kaunti, hard or soft stool pa siya, sabi sakin ng isang doc mild almuranas daw or prone, ngaun worry nako kasi madami ng dugo, wala nman ain during defecation..mainit lang butthole after defecatoon.help pls.tia

Since there are no clear rules on who should be posting in this thread, we appreciate SUGGESTIONS from those selling supplements and promoting alterrnative (read: NON-CONVENTIONAL) therapy.

As long as those doing so would make it clear to patients as to the extent of what you can do, and what you cannot. MDs and NON-MDs can coexist in this section, like they do in the non-virtual world. But for the benefit of the online patients posting, whose well-being is the primary concern, we require everyone to present facts, explained in the clearest way possible and not just by copying and pasting google info, thereby letting the patient make an INFORMED and INTELLIGENT decision.

There is an actual thread dedicated for that purpose alone - SUPPLEMENTS, ETC. Utilize it if you may.

Know your limits, people.

I hope someone could give us some enlightenment regarding a certain matter.

I have a friend who is suffering from occassional bloating of the general belly region accompanied by intense wrenching pain. He has seen his Doctor but sadly, the Doctor Laughed it off but scheduled for some tests just to be sure.

We are doubting his Doctor he probably thinks it's bull.

Anyway, here is his story and the symptoms. These might sound weird.

He had an operation to cure his hernia about four months ago. He is Diabetic but he said the wounds from the surgery healed up after one week or less. Lately, he's been experiencing this swelling of his belly. Too much swelling that sometimes, his bellybutton pops out.

I told him to record the time when it occurs and when it subsides. The weird thing is that the symptoms seem to be following a pattern. The most often time it starts is either 7AM or 7PM. Usually once in the Morning and once in the evening. Usually, the occurrences last from 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Is there really some condition like this that follows a schedule?

Also, whenever his belly is bloated, it makes a sound when you hit it. Like as if it's just gas. The other puzzle is that whenever it subsides, he doesn't even burp nor fart. It's as if the gas is gone and as if nothing happened.

Anybody encountered this before?

ok. here are my thoughts ---

1. I am not in the position to judge the other MD. He has seen the patient and I have not. But one thing is sure - we do need additional tests for this - a scout film of the abdomen is one, if intestinal obstruction is to be ruled out (for the record, We make an initial diagnosis of intestinal obstruction based on physical exam findings. ) .

2. Based on the facts that you gave, Intestinal obstruction is a possibility. This is considered as an emergency, and emergency consult with an MD, preferably either with a surgeon or a gastroenterologist, is highly recommended. Im concerned about the severity and length of duration of the pain, as you have described, and swelling and all. There is no such thing as a fixed schedule but in characterizing abdominal pains, we do consider the onset in relation to food intake, in relation to a host of other symptoms, etc......

3. Another consideration is diabetic gastropathy, as we call it. Its a complication of long-standing diabetes and involves general bowel movement, resulting in constipation. But rarely does this cause severe abdominal pains. How do we diagnose it? As the name implies, we see it in diabetic, elderly patients with no pathologic cause of constipation (that is no identifiable anatomic cause, as seen in colonoscopy).

Bottomline, either you tell him to proceed with the tests ASAP, and go back to the first doctor (make sure it is the right specialty), or you can consult another one. Patients are always entitled to second, third opinions, remember that.

By the word WE in my answer, i mean licensed MD's, who have undergone proper schooling and years of residency/fellowship training and are duly certified diplomates of their respective specialties. NON-LICENSED MD''s DISPENSING MEDICAL ADVICE is another story.

Thank you very much for these much valued info. It would help me convince him to get a second opinion. There are things about this case which I think should only be discussed through PM due to its nature :D I'll try not to disclose more than what is needed to avoid dispute amongst posters.

Anyway, here are some replies to some other things you mentioned:

* His Doctor is a Surgeon. The one who operated on his hernia. The tests are scheduled but my friend just doesn't remember what tests were scheduled.

* I think his Doctor might have been thinking of Diabetic Gastropathy too since the first test he recommended was an FBS (Fasting Blood Sugar) which resulted with a Normal value. And he isn't suffering from any irregular bowel movements.

* I did tell him to consult first a duly licensed doctor when he asked me for help. . . And he did the next day. That's when the Doc laughed it off. He thought it was bull since my friend wasn't bloated when he had his check-up. And I did suggest he get a second opinion. Hopefully, when he sees our conversation here, maybe this would convince him to do so.

You know how some people think being caught between culture and technology.

I'm getting this faint croaking sound in my throat (like a frog!) everytime I drink water. It goes on and off for a couple of hours even when I drank only a small amount. I think people next to me can hear it. It's getting embarrassing at the office. I've never had this condition before; I think it may be related to a gurgling feeling I had a few days ago in my tummy. What is it and what can I do to fix it? Thanks Docs! More power to you all.

I'm getting this faint croaking sound in my throat (like a frog!) everytime I drink water. It goes on and off for a couple of hours even when I drank only a small amount. I think people next to me can hear it. It's getting embarrassing at the office. I've never had this condition before; I think it may be related to a gurgling feeling I had a few days ago in my tummy. What is it and what can I do to fix it? Thanks Docs! More power to you all.

i suggest you go see an ENT so he could visualize your throat properly...

Is there any blood test for HSV1 and HSV2?

(NO, I am not looking for a Tzanck Smear. I want a blood/antibody test)

Please recommend a laboratory / diagnostic center.

(Any idea how much the test costs too?)

I just got here in Makati Prime, and I don't know my way around here.

Thanks.

have you tried to contact the lab in Makati Medical Center? i think they have kits available