Free Medical Advice

papable

if its BPH or simple hyperplasia, medical treatment with alpha-reductase inhibitors will work. Otherwise, it wont.

a biopsy will determine if its benign or otherwise. Im sorry if i have to be blunt, and i do understand your worries and hesitation.

keep on following up na lang with your urologist.

Edited by angel_by_day

hindi nakakahawa ang f.i.a. pero wala kang magagawa kundi hugasan lang ito ng maige. ang siste, kahit hugasan mo ito, may lalabas ding nana na may kasamang dugo yan mamaya-maya.

bali wala ang antibiotiko sa sobrang dami ng nana na meron dito. ang tanging sagot, gaya ng nabanggit ng ibang kasama ko dito, ay surgery. kailangan lagyan yan ng drain para tulyan mawala ang nana bago magsara ang fistula (daanan/butas).

for the mean time, try wearing adult diapers. :)

gusto ko pong magvisit sa doctor ano po ang specialization ng doctor na pupuntahan ko ?

i visited a surgeon. then i underwent protosigmoidoscopy. sabi ng dr. may mga tumubo raw sa loob ng rectum ko na parang maliliit at mapupula na tagihawat. kumuha sya ng specimen for biopsy. im still waiting for the result. wala raw syang nakitang ibang problem sa rectal area ko. so ngayon patuloy pa rin ang discharges ko. what should i do now?

We have this bottle of Robitussin that we always keep in the ref. I recently noticed that there is a ring of crystals inside, near the bottom. The bottle is half full and it's expiry date is Aug. 2010. Should we dispose of the bottle or is the ring of crystals normally occurring? Thanks.

if i remember my clinical pharmacology accurately, storage of liquid preparations of medicines in cold temperature will sometimes cause precipitation of the active ingredients, in your case it is crystallization..

in any case, as long as it is not yet expired, the medicine still retains it`s safety and potency.. just shake it well before using..

:mtc:

We have this bottle of Robitussin that we always keep in the ref. I recently noticed that there is a ring of crystals inside, near the bottom. The bottle is half full and it's expiry date is Aug. 2010. Should we dispose of the bottle or is the ring of crystals normally occurring? Thanks.

this is a natural occurence in suspensions. just shake the bottle. as long as its not expired, it still has potency :)

hi mtc docs,

i bought my mother anlene milk and centrum multivitamins prescribed for 51+ yo. she's already 72 and diabetic. i just found out di pala pwede ang anlene sa kanya per her doctor. she doesnt want to take centrum too bec. of her liver.

is it all right for adults below 51 yo to drink anlene and take the multivitamins esp recommended for people aged 51+? sayang kasi. pls advise. tnx.

Edited by wizard23

tnx doc. another one related to my mother. she was confined last week. had to rush her to the ER because she suddenly got dizzy, then vomited many times and also had several bowel movement but not diarrhea. so fearing that she might get dehydrated, she was confined. after 2 days we checked out and had lots of medicines to take. diagnosis was she's constipated and of course, cause was her diabetes. one week after, the other day, she got dizzy again. she gets dizzy when she had to go to the bathroom. her bowel movement is irregular, i guess bec. of her age.

she's taking oral hydrite as prescribed by her doctor so that she won't be deprived of potassium. her bowel movement became regular before when she was taking VCO but nowadays, it's like every 2 to 3 days. problem is when she's about to pooh pooh, she gets dizzy. is this related to her bowel movement? what can you recommend to treat her constipation. my other tita is going through the same irregular bowel movement and my tita is older, in her early 80s. pls advise. tnx.

tnx doc. another one related to my mother. she was confined last week. had to rush her to the ER because she suddenly got dizzy, then vomited many times and also had several bowel movement but not diarrhea. so fearing that she might get dehydrated, she was confined. after 2 days we checked out and had lots of medicines to take. diagnosis was she's constipated and of course, cause was her diabetes. one week after, the other day, she got dizzy again. she gets dizzy when she had to go to the bathroom. her bowel movement is irregular, i guess bec. of her age.

she's taking oral hydrite as prescribed by her doctor so that she won't be deprived of potassium. her bowel movement became regular before when she was taking VCO but nowadays, it's like every 2 to 3 days. problem is when she's about to pooh pooh, she gets dizzy. is this related to her bowel movement? what can you recommend to treat her constipation. my other tita is going through the same irregular bowel movement and my tita is older, in her early 80s. pls advise. tnx.

hi mtc docs.

because of my mother's irregular bowel movement, she moves every 3 days, her internist/diabetes dr. suggested that she go through colonoscopy. can anyone suggest a hospital where colonoscopy is affordable? i heard it ranges bet 15K to 16k. tnx

hi mtc docs.

because of my mother's irregular bowel movement, she moves every 3 days, her internist/diabetes dr. suggested that she go through colonoscopy. can anyone suggest a hospital where colonoscopy is affordable? i heard it ranges bet 15K to 16k. tnx

where do you stay? where do you usually bring your mother?

• 2 weeks later...
our location is in mandaluyong. her internist/diabetic doctor has a clinic in boni avenue/polymedic hospital. ER usually sa Unciano as we're like 3 blocks away from it. tnx

sorry for the late reply...was out of the country. have you tried the hospitals in the E Rodriguez area, like De Los Santos? they might be cheaper. or World City in Cubao?

help! me and a house member met up with a friend who had chicken pox for a week pero

sabi niya magaling na daw siya. so yun nagusap lang sila pero ako sumunod.

pag kasunod ko napansin ko na puno ng bilog bilog na parang tigyawat face niya.

i shook his hand pero yun lang. yung kasambahay ko na yun hugged him pa. mahahawa kaya ako?

im scared!